ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jignesh455

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by jignesh455 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:37 am

Any good news today???
jignesh

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:19 am

jignesh455 wrote:Any good news today???
See above. gull got approval....

apex221

Post by apex221 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Congratulations Gull!
and Spatacus thank you for your reply.
I am sure they will be many more to come in the coming weeks :)

gulll

Post by gulll » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks bro.
well as i said i got my visa only a day before hearing. I was meant to attend hearing today which i withdraw sooner after receiving my acceptance letter yesterday.

Spatacus wrote:
gulll wrote:hi guys, want to share some good news with you.
I did apply ILR (LR) on 11th July 2014, got my approval today on 23rd of October 2014.
a quick brief about my case. I was on section 3c 3d for the past few months as my last extension for Tier 1 general was refused. I still have pending appeal. My application took an interesting turn as I was preparing myself for appeal hearing on 24th of october but just a day before it, got approval letter.
Unlike other people suggesting withdrawal of appeal, I did't withdraw my appeal but instead applied long residence soon after completion of my tenth year.

my time line is.
applied: 11th july 2014
acknowledgement letter received: 14th july 2014
biometrics done on: 13th August 2014
Approval letter received on: 23rd October 2014

Hello gulll, Weldone and DOUBLE congratulations for the approval of your appeal and for the approval of ILR. God works in a way we humans can't comprehend. You are now free from immigration control. Enjoy your freedom and remain blessed.

gulll

Post by gulll » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks alot buddy

fielddrive wrote:
I did apply ILR (LR) on 11th July 2014, got my approval today on 23rd of October 2014.
a quick brief about my case. I was on section 3c 3d for the past few months as my last extension for Tier 1 general was refused. I still have pending appeal. My application took an interesting turn as I was preparing myself for appeal hearing on 24th of october but just a day before it, got approval letter.
Unlike other people suggesting withdrawal of appeal, I did't withdraw my appeal but instead applied long residence soon after completion of my tenth year.

my time line is.
congrats @gulll

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Many congratulations gulll, well done and well deserved. And thanks for explaining to other members that you applied for SET(LR) with a pending appeal, certainly you set up a new precedent for others to follow. Once again congratulations and enjoy your freedom mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

gulll

Post by gulll » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you my friend!!
apex221 wrote:Congratulations Gull!
and Spatacus thank you for your reply.
I am sure they will be many more to come in the coming weeks :)

gulll

Post by gulll » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Thanks alot Shahjee brother
your words are as encouraging and humble as always.
thanks once again

shahjee1234 wrote:Many congratulations gulll, well done and well deserved. And thanks for explaining to other members that you applied for SET(LR) with a pending appeal, certainly you set up a new precedent for others to follow. Once again congratulations and enjoy your freedom mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

3stars
Newly Registered

Post by 3stars » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi everyone,

Alhamdulillah. We got our approval of ILR

Our time line is
Applied on: 11/07/2014
Approval date: 21/10/2014
Docs received: 23/10/2014

Briefly our case is that we are on section 3C & 3D as visa extension was refused and appeal right was given but UKBA withdraw appeal one day before court hearing. While waiting for the decision we vary our existing application to ILR as we completed 10 years.

Good Luck for everyone waiting for their approvals.

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 pm

3stars wrote:Hi everyone,

Our time line is

Briefly our case is that we are on section 3C & 3D as visa extension was refused and appeal right was given but UKBA withdraw appeal one day before court hearing. While waiting for the decision we vary our existing application to ILR as we completed 10 years.

. Good news enjoy your freedom .

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:15 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... s_statisti
Has someone requested how many SET LR applications for the month July 2014 till date now. I have googled and find this information. I guess you can approach HO to find out number of applications. And someone in the forum earlier pasted this information but i could not find.
jignesh

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:24 pm

jignesh455 wrote:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... s_statisti
Has someone requested how many SET LR applications for the month July 2014 till date now. I have googled and find this information. I guess you can approach HO to find out number of applications. And someone in the forum earlier pasted this information but i could not find.
Already requested below from July through September and awaiting HO response.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/setlr_statistics

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:29 am

please can somebody PM the wording of letter to HO to put my application on hold until my husband ILR application decision. i m applying FLR(fp).
thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:39 am

GOd Helps wrote:
msmussaf wrote:Aslamoalikom to all

Dear shahjee here is my history
10 years student
Applied 8 march. Set lr
Approved 2 july

For wife

Wife came as student dependent in aug 2007
Applied 4 april flrm
Approved 17 july 2 years till 16 july 2016

Question
1. When my wife can apply ILR
2. What about financial requirement

If you say any time she can apply for ILR than how can I convince Home office about 287 a-i-d.
Is there any solid documentry evidence?

walaikumasalm,
brother your wife is eligible for settlement .however there is some error by home office and they refuse all tier 4 dependant cases. i hope you are aware of it. I am in the same boat as yours . i recently sent a complaint to home office saying that incorrect information is provided to me by UKVI cusomter services. i have got UKVI letter saying THAT I CAN COMBINE MY LEAVE AS TIER 4 DEPENDANT AND APPLY FOR ilr A I APPLIED MY FLRM BEFORE 6TH APRIL . I have got my peo appointment on 1st nov .iwill take that letter with me . i can forward you that letter if you send me your email my situation is exactly like yours. my suggestions to you write a similar complaint like me so that you have written proof of eligibility otherwise the case worker will not treat yuor case (there are examples like this in past from this forum)
Hello,

Would you kindly send me copy of that letter on following email.

kumarvinode@gmail.com

Many Thanks.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:12 am

I have read on the forum that once your visa is changed to FM as a result of your partner getting ILR, your past time here reset back to zero for another five years.

I totally disagree with this, your clock continues and you can still apply for ILR through the 10 years lawful residence or through the five years route whichever comes first.

I think it will be ridiculous to think the clock will start again, HO is not stupid, the 10 years law says, you must have been here legally for 10 years irrespective of the visa which also includes the time you are here as a visitor.

I think it is just people's assumption, you don't have to stay on till you finish your 5 years FM visa before you apply for ILR if you have clocked the 10 years before then.

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:39 am

hadi2012 wrote:

Our time line is

Congrats on all who have received their approval, just a quick question? my decision has been sent back but it still with royal mail - redelivery in progress as I did not receive a calling card, I also received a calling card from thedx - which I know is used for biometric, - I am hoping it an approval?

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:45 am

priscaltony wrote:I have read on the forum that once your visa is changed to FM as a result of your partner getting ILR, your past time here reset back to zero for another five years.

I totally disagree with this, your clock continues and you can still apply for ILR through the 10 years lawful residence or through the five years route whichever comes first.

I think it will be ridiculous to think the clock will start again, HO is not stupid, the 10 years law says, you must have been here legally for 10 years irrespective of the visa which also includes the time you are here as a visitor.

I think it is just people's assumption, you don't have to stay on till you finish your 5 years FM visa before you apply for ILR if you have clocked the 10 years before then.
Hi priscaltony,

I think you got wrong impressions by reading the posts. You are absolutely right in that the 10 years LR clock doesn't reset as long as it's continuous and legal and I'm pretty sure no-one's mentioned that in the forum that it does! You may have taken the information out of context when reading previous posts. What the members were discussing is specifically regarding the Spouse visa and they are absolutely right that the any leave as PBS dependent will not be counted and clock resets to zero as soon as you switch to FLR(M) category as dependent of ILR holder on the basis of long residency. So in conclusion, clock resets for the ILR route as a spouse of ILR holder or citizen but not if you are planning to apply on the basis of long residency. Hope all the confusion is gone now. Btw I cannot guarantee that the Tories won't win the next general election, UK will still be in EU and EU Human Rights Convention will still be applicable in whatever years time of your interest thus 10 years ILR may or may not be available then! Good luck.

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:48 am

rashenikki wrote:
hadi2012 wrote:

Our time line is

Congrats on all who have received their approval, just a quick question? my decision has been sent back but it still with royal mail - redelivery in progress as I did not receive a calling card, I also received a calling card from thedx - which I know is used for biometric, - I am hoping it an approval?
Hi rashenikki,

I believe approval is sent using DX as well since I clearly remember Shajee mentioning it previosuly. So I hope it's good news for you and many many congratulations, enjoy the good days ahead:)

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Looks like August applications have now started. Someone called RR has got approval today on google drive.
Goodluck to all August applicants.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Yes it looks like they reached to August applicants while dealing the applications submitted in last week of July. And according to the dates on approval letters which members share indicate that now they work on Saturdays too. So August applicants should start tracking their return envelope as anytime they will catch the good news. And someone should always backup the google timeline drive which works like radar. All the best.

samu140

Post by samu140 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Dear members
I need urgent help, i withdraw my appeal on 27/08/14 and apply set (lr) on same day and my wife apply separately FLR (m) on same day of appeal withdrawal. We receive withdrawal confirmation dated 12/09/14 from court.
We did biometric on 18/09/14. Upto know things was ok. But today my wife's application come back with a letter stating that your application is voided and fee will be returned ( only my wife application).
I am confused now what to do? Shall I reapply or what ? Even 28 days are passed from appeal withdrawal.
Please share your knowledge . Thanks
Keep Updating

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Yes it looks like they reached to August applicants while dealing the applications submitted in last week of July. And according to the dates on approval letters which members share indicate that now they work on Saturdays too. So August applicants should start tracking their return envelope as anytime they will catch the good news. And someone should always backup the google timeline drive which works like radar. All the best.

AWESOMEEEE!!!! :lol:

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:22 pm

can somebody send me the wording of letter to home office requesting them to put my application on hold until my husband ILR decided. my email is
rosazeet@gmail.com
thanks

kalam123
Newly Registered

Post by kalam123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 pm

salam shahjee and other respected and members. could you please add my detail on google spreadsheet. applied ILR On 10 year base: 29/07/2014
ack Received: 01/08/2014
Bio inv: 20/08/2014
bio done: 21/08/2014
decision: still waiting

plz add me asap.

thanks

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:51 pm

my time line is.

Great news. Home office is doing good job. Best of luck for the future.