ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent reply required:Extention or ILR for 2 yrs spousevisa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aiza Jahan

Urgent reply required:Extention or ILR for 2 yrs spousevisa

Post by Aiza Jahan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me. Because I am very confused what to do .My details are as under:
I came to Uk on Spousevisa for Pakistan .
Date of issue of 5.09.2012.
Issued for 27 months with expiry of 5.12.2014.
Date of entry in UK 24.11.2012.
Applied in april 2012 for spouse Visa.

I came to Uk before 90 days of my date of issue of visa.If somebody can tell me do I apply for a extension for 2 years before the expiry of my visa or an Indefinite leave to remain.My husband had indefinite leave to remain when i came here.Now he is a British national and my 11month baby has also got a british nationality.

I will be very thankful if someone can guild me cause if I have to apply for ILR than do I have t o pass theLife in UK test and the language test ??????

An early response by anyone will be very appreciated ................CauseI have to prepare for these test aswell.

Regards

A J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent reply required:Extention or ILR for 2 yrs spousev

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:51 pm

You can apply for ILR 28 days before 24 November 2014. As you are under the old rule spouse visa, you only need 2 years residence.

You need to pass the Life in the UK test and English Level B1 test.

If you don't pass the tests, you can apply for an extension of your spouse visa on FLR(M) and then apply for ILR anytime after you have passed the two tests.
I came to Uk before 90 days of my date of issue of visa
The 90 day concession is not applicable to spouse visa so this is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:41 am

Thank you very much for the reply ,you have made things much easier for me.If its possible can you please give a reference or link showing the old rule or can tell me on which website i can find this information.

Waiting for ur reply .

Regards

AJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:46 pm

See page 2 of the guidance notes.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

And the info in the link below also as I have done the questionnaire as if you have always been British, otherwise it gives a different answer which is not relevant to your situation. Scroll down to 'Eligibility' to see info about pre July 2012 residence requirement.

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... isa/tier-1
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:48 pm

thank u all for all your help ...
There is one more thing tha i need guildence if you can help.

Because I have to apply for a ILR I applied for my English language assessment coz my IELTS had expired .I did Ielts when I came to Uk.
I have got a Masters degree from a recognised government University.UK naric says that they need a letter from my institute that I have studied all subjects in English.Well I have .....I forwarded my provisional certificate for my degree which states that I am a certified student but does not have the line that it is english......

So what do I do now ...its prety difficult to get a letter from back home ...and my Uni is a government one... .so these things take time ...and i have only have till oct end to get my things sorted and life in UK.....

So is there anything that u can suggest about my situation ...do I really have to get another letter from my uni....i dont know if I can get it in time...or any other way out....

or do I have to to do that ESOL...

again need some help please

waiting for reply ...

Aiza

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:30 pm

If you used the IELTS for the initial entry application (or any other visa application), then you can use it again for ILR, even if expired. This has been confirmed by the Home Office and many people on this forum have obtained their ILR's with use of a expired IELTS certificate.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Aiza Jahan wrote:thank u all for all your help ...
There is one more thing tha i need guildence if you can help.

Because I have to apply for a ILR I applied for my English language assessment coz my IELTS had expired .I did Ielts when I came to Uk.
I have got a Masters degree from a recognised government University.UK naric says that they need a letter from my institute that I have studied all subjects in English.Well I have .....I forwarded my provisional certificate for my degree which states that I am a certified student but does not have the line that it is english......

So what do I do now ...its prety difficult to get a letter from back home ...and my Uni is a government one... .so these things take time ...and i have only have till oct end to get my things sorted and life in UK.....

So is there anything that u can suggest about my situation ...do I really have to get another letter from my uni....i dont know if I can get it in time...or any other way out....

Hi Aiza,
You can use your expired IELTS. I did my when I was applying for my spouse visa in 2011 from India. I just applied for my ILR and was told that I could use the expired IELTS.
Hope this helps answer your question.
Tangie

or do I have to to do that ESOL...

again need some help please

waiting for reply ...

Aiza

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:45 am

Hi everyone

Hoping that you can guide me further for my visa.

Firstly i wanted to ask my date of visa ecpiry is 5.12.14 so what is the last date to send my application.Is it 6 nov??? Or i can send with in 28 days of expiry (between 6 novv to 5 dec).

Secondly if i send by post how many days before.

Thirdly what happens when my visa expires on 5.12 .2014 because it takes time to get the reply back.how do i justifiy y
that .
Fourthly what happens if i am unable to clear life in uk till the time of submission of application.i haveit booked for next week.but just asking.how would i send my application

I will be very thankful for your help

Aiza

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:01 am

Any help plzzzz...i am confused............

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Last date of submission by post is 4th December 2012. Send by recorded or special delivery and keep the receipt.

You must pass the Life in the Uk test before submitting the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:59 pm

HI Everyone

I have cleared my Lfe in Uk test.Thank ypu all for your help.CAn anyone please guild which documents should i submit it with my application.i am using SET (m) form...

Thank you...

Waiting for your reply

AJ

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:46 pm

The documents required are all listed on the SET(M) form - section 11. Take time to read through it thoroughly.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _06-14.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 am

Hi
Thannk u very much.

Can you plz guide me for thr biometric.because i had it st the time my visa aplication first time.but i didnt get a card

Will i have to get another one...where...

Secondly i plan to submit application in person.croydon probably.will they take biometric there?

Waiting for your reply..

Thanks

Regrds
Aj

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 am

Hi
Can anyone help me in few more things..

1.do i have to get my biometric done before i go for the apointment at croydon or will they do it.
2.if we are claiming workong tax credit will it effect my application.
3.can anynoe plz clarify ehat to fill on page 22...

WAITING FOR GUILDANCE........PLZ

Regards

Aj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:32 am

Aiza Jahan wrote:Hi
Can anyone help me in few more things..

1.do i have to get my biometric done before i go for the apointment at croydon or will they do it. It will be done on the day of the appointment
2.if we are claiming workong tax credit will it effect my application. If they are claimed in joint names, no issue or effect on your ILR application
3.can anynoe plz clarify ehat to fill on page 22... Your income and spouse income, frequency and the amount, just like the form asks, unless you are referring to something else.

WAITING FOR GUILDANCE........PLZ

Regards

Aj
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 am

Thank u verymuch for the reply.can u plz tell me one thing.dors my husband had to maintain a certain etyaon balance in his bank account for last 3 months or adequete balance for this month is acceptable

Waiting for reply.

Thanks

Aj

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:04 am

I am filling the application form so needed some guidance please.

1.what do i write on page 8 point 10.(post details?)
2.on page 13 it says childs details but my baby is already british so do i write her detail here or not
3.does any has a template for covering letter???if yes can you paste it here....thanks alot

Thanks

Waiting for a reply ......

Aj

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:32 am

Hi
Any guildane plz

Aj

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:58 am

Hi
Urgent help requited plz.....

I havr appointment next week.if i downlaod my bank statement from my online a/c are rhey acceptable by home office.....or do i have to get it siGned....plz can someone help..

Ajd

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:58 pm

The old rules did not specify.

However, probably safest to do as suggested:
Appendix FM-SE wrote:1(a)(v)(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi

I habe to submit my application in just fre days.can anyone plzzzzzz guide me.my husband is self employed...what documents shall we submit for his salary...inshort what documents shall we submit to show his income

An early reply shall be highly appreciated

Aj

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Provide as suggested:
Appendix FM-SE wrote:7. In respect of self-employment in the UK as a partner, as a sole trader or in a franchise all of the following must be provided
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:24 pm

thank u very much for every ones help...

I just have an Urgent Question ..

My husband had to travel in a emergency and has taken his britsish passport and pk passport.I do have their copies.Can I present any alternate documents because he will not be back before the expiry of my visa I;e 5.12.14
I am really stuck

I will be really thankful ........................please

Aj

Aiza Jahan

Post by Aiza Jahan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi everyone

Thank You all for your help...my application has been accepted.thank you again for your support....

Can any tell me whay are rights and benefits of ilr holder

Thank you all

Aj