ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa dilemma!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dimension83
Newly Registered

Spouse visa dilemma!

Post by dimension83 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:14 am

hello everyone,
I have heard a lot on how helpful this forum is and will be very grateful if anyone can give me advice on what to do at this crucial stage of my life.
My Case-- i am married to a british citizen in which she only earns £1000 per month from her job. I am presently on student visa which will be expiring in January 2015. In August 2014 i worked more than 20hours thinking i was on holiday but i was later told that since i was writing my dissertation as a master's student i was meant to work not more than 20hrs which was against the UK immigration rule. please we need your advice if i can still combine my income with that of my wife as we meet the income threshold by combining but only worry about when i over worked in August when writing my dissertation.? Thanks a lot, will appreciate your responses.

Casa

Re: Spouse visa dilemma!

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:20 am

You can combine your earnings but the visa may be refused due to a period of overworking.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dimension83
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa dilemma!

Post by dimension83 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Casa wrote:You can combine your earnings but the visa may be refused due to a period of overworking.
Thanks for your response Casa, I was also thinking it might be refused because of over working, that's why i have not proceeded in sending my application. Please if you don't mind, i will you to suggest to me what option (s) i might have? thinking of switching into PhD then later switch to Spouse Visa, do you think this will be an option for me at this time? Thanks for your response.