ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Validity of ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sairam_pv
Newly Registered

My Family members ILR visa

Post by Sairam_pv » Tue May 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding my ILR visa. Currently we have ILR visa. If my family members goes to India, Is their ILR visa valid?
if any of you knows please update me with details.

#Thanks
Venky[/b]

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 17, 2011 9:13 pm

For the ILR to be valid you should be coming back to the UK at least once in 2 years. This applies to individuals and does not matter that their family member is in UK during that period. So if your wife is out of the UK for more than 2 years then she will loose her ILR though you are in UK during that time.

kunald

Post by kunald » Tue May 17, 2011 9:41 pm

manyaonisland wrote:For the ILR to be valid you should be coming back to the UK at least once in 2 years. This applies to individuals and does not matter that their family member is in UK during that period. So if your wife is out of the UK for more than 2 years then she will loose her ILR though you are in UK during that time.
I am afraid it is not that straightforward. Read these threads....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=464576

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=418087

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=344556

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=340753

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:25 pm

manyaonisland wrote:For the ILR to be valid you should be coming back to the UK at least once in 2 years. This applies to individuals and does not matter that their family member is in UK during that period. So if your wife is out of the UK for more than 2 years then she will loose her ILR though you are in UK during that time.
Incorrect. Simply "returning to UK" once every two years is not correct.

If you begin to visit the UK and not actually live in the UK for longer than 2 years your ILR will become invalid. There is a clear difference between visiting and being resident.

Wong
Newly Registered

Validity of ILR

Post by Wong » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 pm

I have been granted a ILR last year but I will soon be joining my husband who is now working in Abu Dhabi. I will be living there for at least 4 years. Can anyone tell me what I should do to maintain my ILR? If I can maintain my ILR by coming back to the U.K at least once every two years, is there a certain period of time I should stay in the U.K before returning to Abu Dhabi?

tobey_maguire
Newly Registered

Re: My Family members ILR visa

Post by tobey_maguire » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:22 am

Sairam_pv wrote:Hi,

I have a query regarding my ILR visa. Currently we have ILR visa. If my family members goes to India, Is their ILR visa valid?

#Thanks
Venky[/b]
what do you mean by ILR?

Casa

Re: Validity of ILR

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 am

Wong wrote:I have been granted a ILR last year but I will soon be joining my husband who is now working in Abu Dhabi. I will be living there for at least 4 years. Can anyone tell me what I should do to maintain my ILR? If I can maintain my ILR by coming back to the U.K at least once every two years, is there a certain period of time I should stay in the U.K before returning to Abu Dhabi?
You need to show that you are resident in the UK...brief visits here won't retain your ILR.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:21 am

tobey_maguire wrote:
Sairam_pv wrote:Hi,

#Thanks
Venky[/b]
what do you mean by ILR?
Indefinite leave to Remain
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

tobey_maguire
Newly Registered

Post by tobey_maguire » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:55 pm