ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deported from UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bubasworld
Newly Registered

Deported from UK

Post by bubasworld » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:47 pm

A friend European was deported on grounds of public policy this person came to UK in 1999 the deportation order was made in 2012 I check the 2006 regulations and the law says a EEA national living in the UK for 10 years prior to the deportation order can only be deported in the serious ground public security what can my friend make about this look like the deportation order is invalid

ouflak1

Re: Deported from UK

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 am

bubasworld wrote:A friend European was deported on grounds of public policy this person came to UK in 1999 the deportation order was made in 2012 I check the 2006 regulations and the law says a EEA national living in the UK for 10 years prior to the deportation order can only be deported in the serious ground public security what can my friend make about this look like the deportation order is invalid
It really depends on why they were deported, and how this can be interpreted with regards to public policy and public security. So what exactly did this person do, and when?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Deported from UK

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Was the person exercising treaty rights for any continuous period 5 years, leading to the completion of the 10 years residence.

If he was, them the test is indeed higher.

The test will imperative grounds of Public Policy, which is much greater than Public Policy or Serious grounds of Public Policy.

Serious Terrorist activities or mass scale criminal activity, will justify deportation, in those circumstances.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors