ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tomz123
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Tomz123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:41 pm

mooty: the refusal says you need to have 18,600 minimum but we got an average from your gross income, and it does not meet the rule of financial requirement. As I said I started my job late in the month my first payslips showed less amount (only for 5 days), that is why i included 7 months of payslips. So what they have done is added that 5 day payslip to the other 6 months and got an average and multiplied it by 12 which comes to 17k....hope that clears it

kehkashan : they called her from this number 0512285621. I applied on 25th of april.

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:23 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
rudey786 wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:Hi I have some news just spoke to a friend of mine and her cousin applied for visa 26th April and visa was granted today..also have heard from various people that ukba will not be taking any more application after this month so they can sort all the submitted cases..has anyone else heard this?
Hmmm not too sure about that? I don't think they can stop people making applications for UK visas - that would be big!!

Congrats Haseb MashaAllah great news ... stay strong guys!

No I didn't say they would stop..I said they will stop taking applications after October for a few weeks to clear backlog as they are not meeting their standards.

Oh ok apologies - hope its not true anyway I'm looking to apply in next 2 weeks In Sha Allah! They'll just end up in the same place again because everyone will be applying at once waiting for them to take applications again
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:32 pm

No I didn't say they would stop..I said they will stop taking applications after October for a few weeks to clear backlog as they are not meeting their standards.[/quote]

Oh ok apologies - hope its not true anyway I'm looking to apply in next 2 weeks In Sha Allah! They'll just end up in the same place again because everyone will be applying at once waiting for them to take applications again[/quote]

Yeah that's what I was thinking aswell but apperantly they will be working through previous cases and when they have gone through enough for there not to be backlog then they will start taking again.. But godnoes nothing has been officially said
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Tomz123 wrote:My wife applied on April in Islamabad and we got a call yesterday to collect our passport, it was refused.

The reason was that we submitted 7 months payslips, first one was for 5 days and when they added the average gross income it came to 17k (although I had a letter from employer saying i am on 19k and my contract stated my start date).

Now they have asked me to appeal with new evidence etc.. Does anyone know how long the appeal is going to take or is it a good idea to put a fresh application?

I have also changed jobs since a month now so do I need to mention that for appeal/reapply?

Hi Tomz123, just so I can understand why they've refused your case, is this how they worked out your income and refused with:

1st payslip: <1,550
2nd payslip: >1,550
3rd payslip: >1,550
4th payslip: >1,550
5th payslip: >1,550
6th payslip: >1,550
7th payslip: >1,550

So your last 6 payslips met the income requirement of 18,600 or 1,550 per month, but the very first one, which was for a period of 5 days didn't meet the requirement so they refused?

Does this mean that if you only submitted the last 6, and missed out the first one, they would have granted the visa?

So they took into account ALL payslips and not just the latest 6?

ALSO, did you provide a breakdown worksheet where you calculated the average wageslip and showed you meet the requirement or not?

Did they calculate correctly with the payslips you provided or did they miscalculate, as in if they take into account the 5 day payslip, would their calculation correctly show below 18,600?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to work out how the refused you, to see if you should appeal or reapply.

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:50 pm

[quote="rudey786"][quote="stillwaiting123"]Hi I have some news just spoke to a friend of mine and her cousin applied for visa 26th April and visa was granted today..also have heard from various people that ukba will not be taking any more application after this month so they can sort all the submitted cases..has anyone else heard this?[/quote]

Hmmm not too sure about that? I don't think they can stop people making applications for UK visas - that would be big!!

Congrats Haseb MashaAllah great news ... stay strong guys![/quote]

Hey tomz Sorry to Hear that ..
i think u should definately review ur case ..explain Why u provides 7 months instead of 6 .BUT the problem is Your not working there any more ..so review and re apply both ..

mooty

Post by mooty » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:09 pm

@Tomz123: if possible, could you put it the exact wording of the refusal so people in here can advice you better. What you have said doesn't make any sense. thanks
Questions
Are you a salaried employee?
Which cat have you applied under?
Is it just one objection they have raised?
Can you upload the refusal by omitting the detail?

Tomz123
Newly Registered

Post by Tomz123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:12 pm

@the_silk_route: no problems will explain it here.
The payslips were like this

1st payslip: 560
2nd payslip: 1,580
3rd payslip: 1,580
4th payslip: 1,580
5th payslip: 1,580
6th payslip: 1,580
7th payslip: 1,580

So the average on all 7 payslips would be roughly 1434.00. Then they have multiplied 1434 * 12 = 17208...that gave them 17k and they refused it.

if they read the contract and employer letter they would know I started 25th of the month. and if they take out the low payslip it would be 19k and would have granted visa as all other documents were correct.

No we didn't show breakdown of average payslip bt had contract, employer letter, solicitor letter that all said 19k...

@mooty : this is what it says, and yes it was a permanent job : You say in your Appendix 2 that your sponsor is employed with xxx since 25th of april ans is paid an annual gross salary of 19k. In respect to your sponsor's salaried employment in the UK you should provide the following:
a) wage slips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this appendix does not apply) : or (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of the Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self employed person.
The wage slips should demonstrate that your sponsors income meets the financial requirement of the immigration rules

b) A letter from the employer(s) who issues the wage slips of paragraph 2(a) confirming :
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary related upon in the application; and (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed term contract or agency)

c) personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

d) where the person is a director of a limited company based in the UK, evidence of that the company is not of a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest annual return field at companies house.

However, the six months of payslips submitted show an average of £1434.00 over this periods. This equates to an annual salary of only £17208. This shows an annual income that does not meet the requirements of the Rules. Therefore I am not satisfied that your application meets the financial requirements of the Rules.
Last edited by Tomz123 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:19 pm

No disrespect tomZ BUT u made a blunder there i dont see Why did u have to submit that low wage slip ..
Any how u should still review this Sent Your latest wage slips and also explain Why u Were low in the 1st month as they dont Like to use their common sense.

Tomz123
Newly Registered

Post by Tomz123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:29 pm

@Asim Khan: I thought they might see the contract and employment letter and ask for it so would be good to include that and even our solicitor advised the same...how would I know they just use a simple addition and multiplication to work out what they want and don'tlook at the other documents and refuse straight away....

Now am wondering to appeal or reapply..

th3

Post by th3 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:37 pm

First, bad news, my friend applied on the 15th of March 2014 - 2 jobs, and just got his rejection on Thursday.
Reason - payslips for the second job don't match the bank statements exactly (I don't know more yet).

Secondly, I applied with 7 months payslips, Cat A, 2 jobs, too.
But 100% of my income is from my first job. And it was scattered like this.

Month 1 - 1306
Month 2 - 1540
Month 3 - 1150
Month 4 - 1895
Month 5 - 2260
Month 6 - 2001

I had a 2nd/3rd temporary job, on/off, which I gave in JUST for extra security - and they added 1.5k to the above.
I also have a car biz since 3 years. I gave in a few income documents including my HMRC tax for it, JUST for added security (that was 10k net profit per annum). JUST to show I have way more than 18.6k income for a few years now.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:16 pm

Th3

I think u should be Fine ..When it comes to self employment they just wana see the money on which ur paying Tax in ur Bank statements ..

And i feel they have not been fair to tomz .. its just not right ..they should be a bit more lineant .. i remember some one over here got rejected recently cause he was 80£short .. they picked his lower wage month ..

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigrations international
enquiry service.

Previously, you have contacted us regarding the fact that you have not
received any update on your visa application GWf xxxxxxxx. According to the
latest update on our system, your application is still under assessment.

received email after 3 months and 5 days they were saying that application is not yet assessed after 3 months and then i received this email is this a good thing or not

can anyone tell me please

OOA
Newly Registered

Post by OOA » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Hi all,
A quick question. Can someone tell me if settlement applications are processed ONLY in Islamabad? Meaning all applications are forwarded to islamabad regardless of where they have been submitted or they process outside Islamabad as well?
Thanks

guestxyz
Newly Registered

Post by guestxyz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 pm

nabeelsultan2000 wrote:Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigrations international
enquiry service.

Previously, you have contacted us regarding the fact that you have not
received any update on your visa application GWf xxxxxxxx. According to the
latest update on our system, your application is still under assessment.

received email after 3 months and 5 days they were saying that application is not yet assessed after 3 months and then i received this email is this a good thing or not

can anyone tell me please
This is a very standard reply, read the forum on the previous pages, its a very typical TOPI they gave you to put on your head !
if your time line has passed 24 weeks service standards, you should be escalating your case and ask for escalation ID, after the escalation has been made, you should query every week with the previous escalation ID and make your query stronger. These are the agents based in India, China, Philippine etc who have nothing to do other then to give you a TOPI !

Good luck and all the best.
btw: I got my wife's Visa after 7 months after 3 escalations and then an escalation from local MP ! Alhumdulillah

guestxyz
Newly Registered

Post by guestxyz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Tomz123 wrote:@the_silk_route: no problems will explain it here.
The payslips were like this

1st payslip: 560
2nd payslip: 1,580
3rd payslip: 1,580
4th payslip: 1,580
5th payslip: 1,580
6th payslip: 1,580
7th payslip: 1,580

So the average on all 7 payslips would be roughly 1434.00. Then they have multiplied 1434 * 12 = 17208...that gave them 17k and they refused it.

if they read the contract and employer letter they would know I started 25th of the month. and if they take out the low payslip it would be 19k and would have granted visa as all other documents were correct.

No we didn't show breakdown of average payslip bt had contract, employer letter, solicitor letter that all said 19k...

@mooty : this is what it says, and yes it was a permanent job : You say in your Appendix 2 that your sponsor is employed with xxx since 25th of april ans is paid an annual gross salary of 19k. In respect to your sponsor's salaried employment in the UK you should provide the following:
a) wage slips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this appendix does not apply) : or (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of the Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self employed person.
The wage slips should demonstrate that your sponsors income meets the financial requirement of the immigration rules

b) A letter from the employer(s) who issues the wage slips of paragraph 2(a) confirming :
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary related upon in the application; and (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed term contract or agency)

c) personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

d) where the person is a director of a limited company based in the UK, evidence of that the company is not of a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest annual return field at companies house.

However, the six months of payslips submitted show an average of £1434.00 over this periods. This equates to an annual salary of only £17208. This shows an annual income that does not meet the requirements of the Rules. Therefore I am not satisfied that your application meets the financial requirements of the Rules.
----------------
@Tomz123
firstly my humble sympathies for the unexpected news.
In my view, you made a big blunder by providing the low wage pay slip. The requirement is for 6 months ! why on earth did you provide 7 months ? Rule of thumb : DO NOT PROVIDE ANY EXTRA INFO WHICH IS NOT REQUIRED.
They have made the decision very rightly - may be you get offended after reading it, however the reality is you should not have given them a chance to pick up things in your application.

I totally understand your feelings right now, but consider this gov. has put a cap on the Immigration and this is one of their key agenda in the election campaign. You will see after few months the news from Torres on BBC/SKY will be will be " We have cut down the Immigration by xx % compared to last xx number of years ! this is an achievement and the credit goes to David C". probably a vote winning statement in the next upcoming general elections !

Lastly, A piece of advise/suggestion, you should consult for an advice from an expert/experienced solicitor and discuss you case in detail (may be worth spending for a good cause), or if you can't afford to do so, at least show it to someone how understands the Immigration laws/system genuinely ! extra pair of eyes some times picks up something which you seems FINE in your view.

All the best !

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Salam

@Tomz123 I am surprised that happened to you because they should have only taken your last 6 months payslips into account, averaged them and multiplied by 12. But from what I hear from friends if you appeal it will take at least a year and you'll probably spend more money than reapplying.

£1558/ month is that your gross salary? My gross salary is £23k but after tax Im paid £1450 into my account. My real concern is that I took 1 month off from work most of which was unpaid, so for that month I was only paid £300. I am a little concerned this will have a negative affect on my wife's application. I can get my employer to explain this in a letter but after Tomz123 post I am worried now. At the same time I dont want to wait another 6 months to get 6 payslips showing the same amount! I want to apply next month.

Also about the accommodation requirement, am I right in thinking that a double room in enough for a couple? I mean there is no point in paying extra rent for a one bed if processing time is 6 months! if double room would do then I'd go for that. Has anyone applied with tenancy agreement for double bedroom in a shared accommodation and not a whole flat?

Thanks,

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi, so we need to provide only 6 months payslips is that right. I have been working with the same employer for over 2 years however my salary was not consistent before. I want to apply for spouse visa for my husband now that Im earning the threshold however as with Tomz123 if I give payslips for more then 6 months that will be when my salary was below £1550. So it is ok if I give 6 months payslips along with my P60 as from what I understand only 6 months payslips is the requirement ofcourse I will also get a letter from my employer showing my length of employment plus annual salary.

sadia khan

Post by sadia khan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:55 am

hi I wana ask u one question if any body knows then please reply me as I told u I submit my spouse viza 7 july but no reply.my question is that my husband hav her own builder company so I also need his work pay slip ??? or his bank statement or compay card was ok?? plz reply soon if anyone knows

sadia khan

Post by sadia khan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:13 am

Asim khan wrote:I think not alot of cases are on Hold from the month of April ,may ,June . So once they are done with feburary and march ..they will reach July v quick .. so its just a matter of time Guys,Till they catch up on it .
hi I wana ask u one question if any body knows then please reply me as I told u I submit my spouse viza 7 july but no reply.my question is that my husband hav her own builder company so I also need his work pay slip ??? or his bank statement or compay card was ok?? plz reply soon if anyone knows

mooty

Post by mooty » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:24 am

@Sadia Khan: It's all depend on the structure of the business. Does he pay himself a salary from his construction company or does he receive dividend? In all cases he has to show 12 Months of corroborating evidence i.e. Tax submission, Bank statement Wage slips.
further information can be obtained from the below mentioned link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:34 am

Ok some sort of movement via e-mail for my wife.

Dear XXX XXX,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWFXXXXXXXX DOB: XX/XX/XXXX)
and found that there are no current updates.

In regards of your query, we will have to escalate this case to the
relevant department for further assistance. Please provide following
details for escalation:

Full name of applicant:
Application number (GWFxxxxxxxxx):
Visa application centre reference number:
Date of application:
Date of birth of applicant:
Place of application ( City and Country ):
Visa Type:
Nationality:
Passport Number:
Email:
Reason:

Where do I send the escalation e-mail?

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:38 am

prayforus wrote:Ok some sort of movement via e-mail for my wife.

Dear XXX XXX,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWFXXXXXXXX DOB: XX/XX/XXXX)
and found that there are no current updates.

In regards of your query, we will have to escalate this case to the
relevant department for further assistance. Please provide following
details for escalation:

Full name of applicant:
Application number (GWFxxxxxxxxx):
Visa application centre reference number:
Date of application:
Date of birth of applicant:
Place of application ( City and Country ):
Visa Type:
Nationality:
Passport Number:
Email:
Reason:

Where do I send the escalation e-mail?
U send it where u normally send emails to them just include the information and say as requested

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:39 am

Thought so. What a stupid process. Many thanks.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:41 am

prayforus wrote:Thought so. What a stupid process. Many thanks.
Haha I know right... When did u apply that u have received this email..I have already had this

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:51 am

My wife applied on the 25/05/2014 and submitted documents on the 30th of that month. Before she had e-mail that further checks were being made, and now it says no update, they cannot give me any update what so ever. Applied CAT A and CAT D, everything meets the criteria. So why take so long? It's absolutely stupid and I feel it does violate human rights. They are leaving people in the dark when they have all the means to support them by giving the information they need. They feel the need not to though because they have immigration targets to meet.

There is no visa application centre number on my wife's receipt for when she submitted her application. Should we leave this blank? All it has on her receipt is her GWF number.