ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application outside UK - Tier 1 General dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HelpThisPerson
Newly Registered

Online application outside UK - Tier 1 General dependant

Post by HelpThisPerson » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Hello,
I have tier 1 general migrant work permit and am in UK since 2011. I got married on 3rd oct and my wife is applying her dependant visa from India. I have a question about the application form

In the application form is a section for "Main Applicant". I understand that refers to me(is this right?) though I already have a visa. Also because it asks about "Main applicant's address in UK" "What is the address of Main Applicant's work or studies in UK" so I presume it is me (though I still hold a visa and am not applying)

Also in family details: spouse/partner section I presume it means my details since my wife is applying and I am therefore the spouse/partner for that application. (is that right?)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Online application outside UK - Tier 1 General dependant

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:08 am

Yes, the main applicant if the migrant worker rather than the dependant and there are specific questions that refer to him/her. Otherwise, all the questions on the form are directed at the dependant. So, unless it refers to main applicant in the question, the dependent partner must answer giving his or her details.

HelpThisPerson
Newly Registered

Re: Online application outside UK - Tier 1 General dependant

Post by HelpThisPerson » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:56 am

Hello Lucapooka,
Thanks for the clarification! so main applicant is me I understand clearly now..thanks! ..

just to be double sure for the other part..
The section "Family details:" subsections "Spouse/Partner", "Father", "Mother" it would be from my wife's (the dependant's) point of view i.e. Spouse/Partner: my details (as the dependant's spouse)
Father: her(dependant's) father's details
Mother: her(dependant's) mother's details
right?

(sorry if the questions are a bit too dumb but I dont want to mess up anything for my silly errors)
Thanks!!