ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I start my business in the second year?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IGisele
Newly Registered

Can I start my business in the second year?

Post by IGisele » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:01 am

Dear friends, I got in difficulty and I really need help!

I got my Tier 1 E visa on 2013.12.03 through an agent. And they promised me to find a profitable project to invest but finally everything gone bad and drive me crazy. Now I forget about the agent and plan to start my own business which I could control everything. I plan to launch a organic skin care brand but I'm still in product development stage.

If I launch my brand in the early 2015, will it to be too late? My visa expired on 2016.12.03

I have registered my company on 2013.3

Hope you guys can give me some advice! Thanks a lot

samaygrg

Re: Can I start my business in the second year?

Post by samaygrg » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:24 am

Though I am not expert, what I reckon is, this should be absolutely fine because simply you are working on marketing, research and product development for your business to make it more viable and you have not broken any given rules.

Anyways, wait for other's viewpoints too.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:46 am

@ IGisele, did you apply through the 50k/NQF level 4 business route? If yes, then you need to think very well about ''organic skin care business'' as it doesn't seem to meet HO requirement.

You can start your business at your own time before the 3yrs, but its very risky as you might be question if you encounter any HO officers before your business is operational.

I will advice you to start any small business for the main time as you can change business to whatever you like at any time during the 3yrs period as long as it meet HO requirement.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

IGisele
Newly Registered

Post by IGisele » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ IGisele, did you apply through the 50k/NQF level 4 business route? If yes, then you need to think very well about ''organic skin care business'' as it doesn't seem to meet HO requirement.

You can start your business at your own time before the 3yrs, but its very risky as you might be question if you encounter any HO officers before your business is operational.

I will advice you to start any small business for the main time as you can change business to whatever you like at any time during the 3yrs period as long as it meet HO requirement.
Thank for your advice, I will think about it. I applied 200K one so does it mean the skincare business I plan to do is totally fine?

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:59 pm

IGisele wrote: Thank for your advice, I will think about it. I applied 200K one so does it mean the skincare business I plan to do is totally fine?
Yes, it should be fine! There is no NQF level restriction for the 200K route.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote: You can start your business at your own time before the 3yrs, but its very risky as you might be question if you encounter any HO officers before your business is operational.
Just wondering whether OP will face any queries at the time of extension? As his first year accounts will not show any turnover or income and at the time of extension one has to submit 3 years accounts.
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:31 pm

@ MTZ510, your point is very important and the OP need to be very careful and start trading as little as possible to avoid dormant account for his first year.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

GLL
BANNED

Post by GLL » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:57 pm

I don't see an issue here. You already started your business, many companies spend a year or more in product developing phase before they launch their product in the market. I assume you are spending the money you invested from your company account on product development. I which case I don't see any issues about dormant accounts, as your company is active and there are transactions on the account.
Good luck with your business, it sounds very exciting.

IGisele
Newly Registered

Post by IGisele » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:13 pm

GLL wrote:I don't see an issue here. You already started your business, many companies spend a year or more in product developing phase before they launch their product in the market. I assume you are spending the money you invested from your company account on product development. I which case I don't see any issues about dormant accounts, as your company is active and there are transactions on the account.
Good luck with your business, it sounds very exciting.
Thank you so much for your advice!

Maks
BANNED

Post by Maks » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:00 pm

Dear IGisele

Can you please send me a pm with your email address?

Regards

sonheaven

Post by sonheaven » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:41 am

IGisele wrote:Dear friends, I got in difficulty and I really need help!

I got my Tier 1 E visa on 2013.12.03 through an agent. And they promised me to find a profitable project to invest but finally everything gone bad and drive me crazy. Now I forget about the agent and plan to start my own business which I could control everything. I plan to launch a organic skin care brand but I'm still in product development stage.

If I launch my brand in the early 2015, will it to be too late? My visa expired on 2016.12.03

I have a little doubt to your business as well. Sorry for that. Though it has not been mentioned by the laws and rules, it seems that the UKBA requires some "new" businesses. I got a friend engaging in 3D printing business and his company scale is large. Still the UKBA refused his application and said "there are enough 3D printing business in the UK". However, you may distinguish how your business is different from your competitors in the UK

IGisele
Newly Registered

Post by IGisele » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:43 pm

sonheaven wrote:
IGisele wrote:Dear friends, I got in difficulty and I really need help!

I have a little doubt to your business as well. Sorry for that. Though it has not been mentioned by the laws and rules, it seems that the UKBA requires some "new" businesses. I got a friend engaging in 3D printing business and his company scale is large. Still the UKBA refused his application and said "there are enough 3D printing business in the UK". However, you may distinguish how your business is different from your competitors in the UK
Hi, but my business plan application has been approved straight away without interview when I applied the visa. But I actually don't what's their standard.

Goram Yevshenko
Newly Registered

Post by Goram Yevshenko » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:28 pm

I actually began invoicing in my second year as my first year was busy setting everything up. Just make sure you register as a director within the first 6 months and you file your annual tax returns as an active company...