ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa curtailment

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Baieavril
Newly Registered

Visa curtailment

Post by Baieavril » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:05 am

Hi everyone

My story is a very long one but would cut it short and simple. I came into the country on a tier 4 visa, enrolled in school(partial enrolment due to incomplete fee), attended lecture for some weeks and fell ill. While I sick, the school contacted me for tuition, I told them I will get the money in few weeks and resume because I was sick. Well they told me they will have to report me to the home office. 2 weeks after that I had my money ready, recovered and was ready to continue my studies, unfortunately I was told I have been reported already.(note that I also gave them an option of deferring and was objected unless I return to my country which was impossible at that time) so I was told to contact home office to pursue my curtailment. I wrote and called home office several times to explain my situation but no reply or acknowledgement of letter.

In September I mailed school again, informing them of the no-reply from home office or curtailment letter which has not been sent to me, I asked if I could continue my studies this academic session and they replied I should pursue the home office for my visa curtailment as they cannot do anything or offer me a place anymore.

I am so confused and don't know what to do. Can I make a new application before the curtailment letter is sent, what options do I have please?

vinny

Re: Visa curtailment

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 am

They are not being fair.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Baieavril
Newly Registered

Post by Baieavril » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:59 pm

@vinny. They are really not bring fair to me. What can I do at this point and what options I've I got?

mbz17
Newly Registered

Post by mbz17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Baieavril wrote:@vinny. They are really not bring fair to me. What can I do at this point and what options I've I got?

contact any good lawyer

mbz17
Newly Registered

Post by mbz17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

vinny wrote:They are not being fair.
th

they are making things very difficult

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:33 am

This is not a UKVI issue as your college can easily inform UKVI that they have accepted you back into studies. If this happens before the curtailment is considered then there will be no curtailment.
Essentially you are in a legal dispute with the college who are using the excuse of they must report you for whatever reason to UKVI. This is a common leaverage method to get fees that are outstanding. When that does not work to their satisfaction then they just report you to get you off the books. There is no incentive for them thereafter as they have got whatever fees you have paid to date.
If / when you get your curtailment letter there is no right of appeal and it does not make any difference even if it did. Your current Sponsor has (or at least states they have ) withdrawn their Sponsorship.
You have two options
Demend to see the withdrawal notice from SMS to prove they have actually withdrawn the CAS. Once they provide it at least you can see it has been done. At that point you can get them to overturn that withdrawal as all they have to do is a another notification thay you have returned to study.
The second option is to cut your loses and join another college. You dont need a curtailment letter to do that. It does come at a cost of more fees and new application.