ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i Join Masters after Masters - Urgent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sagkumar92
Newly Registered

Can i Join Masters after Masters - Urgent

Post by sagkumar92 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi Guys,

I have done MSC in Finance from LSBF (University of Wales) but with Cap. I want to do masters again with at least above the Cap marks. The problem is that i am back in my home country and i have heard that UKBA wants career progression. So is it possible to get Tier 4 visa on masters CAS? Or i have to go after MPHIL or PHD?

Early response would be highly appreciate.

Regards,

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Can i Join Masters after Masters - Urgent

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 am

It is highly unlikely you will get a CAS to do another masters as you have already achieved that level of qualification. Uni's have become very concerned about progression and have taken an even stronger view on the matter than UKVI. There are one or two that will entertain another masters that would complement or add value to your existing masters but you have to convince them why your doing it.
Best option is the obviously progress up the educational ladder but even that will be questioned by UKVI at interview. Neither LSBF nor University of Wales have a great reputation as outstanding centres of learning and LSBF was suspended for months and months this year. So even if you get your CAS don't expect it to be plain sailing to get the visa.
Good luck.