ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SPOUSAL VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harlesyke
Newly Registered

UK SPOUSAL VISA

Post by harlesyke » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:37 am

Hi,
My husband gained his UK spousal visa last August and intended to come over from USA to start work as a professional Engineer in the September of last year. I am a UK citizen, lived here all my life. Just before coming over he found out he had metastatic cancer. He stayed in US for chemo and eventually got here this May. Since here the cancer has spread to his bones and is now terminal. He is young and very very angry about what is happening. His illness and anger have put an untold strain on our family life and especially my dependent son. We still love one another dearly but recognise he needs some space and tranquillity at this point in his life. He wants to rent a little studio flat with a view of the sea and go there during the week whilst receiving chemo and then come home for the weekends. The sea is only a 10 minute drive from our house and I will be going over there every day during the week with home cooked food.
This is a terribly stressful and sad situation we find ourselves in.
We need advice on where we stand with the spousal visa. We are not divorcing or separating, just trying to deal with the fallout. We have the supporting paperwork on my husbands terminal prognosis including scans. The flat he intends to rent will be in his name. Do I need to inform the UKBA? Will the above situation cancel his visa, I doubt he is to ill to fly anyway. Any advice will be greatly received.
Many Thanks

Casa

Re: UK SPOUSAL VISA

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:21 am

Sorry to read how difficult things are for you both. As long as he continues to retain your current address and is with you there at the weekends as his main home then you won't have a problem and you don't have to notify the Home Office. After all, many couples have a 'holiday home' and I believe you should view the sea view accommodation as such. However, ensure all the documentation you submit to prove a subsisting relationship relates to your joint property.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

harlesyke
Newly Registered

Post by harlesyke » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks Casa.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:13 pm

On another note apart from immigration, have you thought of contacting Macmillan Nurses for family support?
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

harlesyke
Newly Registered

Post by harlesyke » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Yes we already have support from the hospice and Macmillan has offered support.
Thanks for your suggestion.