ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does putting a family host help or hinder the application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

Does putting a family host help or hinder the application?

Post by robsters » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:27 am

Currently filling out the online form for my wife's irish entry C visa, i am british but i have extended family in ireland, would it be wise or unwise to put this extended family as host as it asks in the application if you have extended family there or would it hinder my wifes application? my worry is they might ask for a copy the host passport which would be to hard for us to do as they are retired its quite complicated to communicate with them on a short notice period as they don't use the internet, would it be wiser just to leave it out and put hotel info only? my dad insist that extended family would help our application for her to enter but we most likely would be staying in a b&b on arrival anyway...

any advice would be greatly appreciated on this, my main concern is it would hinder the application as they would want to see a copy of host passport or ID or would they simply be happy with name/address details on the online form only?

thank you

doesnotcompute

Re: Does putting a family host help or hinder the applicatio

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:54 pm

I would say don't lie or omit information, as this will give them a reason to refuse your application.

Before I married my wife, I applied for several Irish visas for her, and put down my parent's details as hosts. INIS never contacted my parents.

Likewise when I applied for my mother-in-law's visit visa last year, I put myself down as her host, and they never contacted me.

On that basis, I wouldn't worry about your extended family being out of reach to INIS.