ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of discretionary leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gagans427
Newly Registered

Extension of discretionary leave

Post by gagans427 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:49 pm

I applied for FLR(M) visa in Nov 2010 but in appeal i got 30 Months discretionary leave to remain in July 2011,Now my this Discretionary leave to remain is due to expire in July 2014. My query is Shall i apply for FLR (m) visa or Extend my DL leave. What are the requirements to extend DL leave.

I got DL on the basis of Humanitarian protection. As i married a british girl, her parents are unhappy with this wedding and they tried to do her force marriage and also threatened to kill both of us. I cant take my wife to India, cuz her relatives are on High posts in Police in India and risk of Honour killing. After 3 years, things are still same, her family is still after us and we have to change our house every 6months or 1 year. Cuz they follow us.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Extension of discretionary leave

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Yes you extend your DLR for another 3 years then you can apply to settle after 6 years DLR. The application should be straightforward if the circumstances are the same.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

alobi
Newly Registered

Post by alobi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:32 am

I'm new to this forum. I was excited to read success stories about dlr extension. I and my family (wife and 3 children) got 3 years DLR based on private and family life on article 8 and due for renewal by the end of the year. My circumstances are still the same. I just want to known whether I should use a lawyer or not and how can I go about it. I am thinking the application is going to be a straight forward one since my circumstances haven't changed. Pls Mr. Amber, what advice can you give on this. What should I do to get my extension.

Looking forward to your honest advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 am

No need to use a legal advisor, the application should be straightforward if the circumstances are the same.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

alobi
Newly Registered

Post by alobi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:46 am

Thank very much for your prompt response, I really appreciate it. However, there is section on the new flr(o) form which ask about finances (salary and expenses), that gives me concern becos I don't earn much and my wife don't work but we get working tax credit only. My concern is that will my finances affect my application for my DL extension? I need you to enlighten me on this.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:32 am

No. With the old DLR you can claim public funds.

alobi
Newly Registered

Post by alobi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt response. It is very helpful. I keep you inform about the progress and if I have any question to ask you. Thanks

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 am

My family and I were given 6 years discretionary leave in 2011 and are due to extend our visa this april for another 3 years. we spoke to a solicitor yesterday and she's charging us 6000 pounds and there is four of us, my mother who is a care assistant and us three children who are all in university and in part time jobs. on top of new immigration fees and no legal aid it is absolutely impossible to pay such money because we simply do not have it. i want to ask if anyone has applied for extension under flr o on their and succeeded without a lawyer or do we definitely need to get a lawyer. Please help me Thanks you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 pm

No need for a solicitor IMHO especially when funds are tight.

mikebell
Newly Registered

Extension of discretionary leave to remain help me please

Post by mikebell » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:19 pm

hi guys sorry iam new to this forum. I is great to read success stories about discretionary leave extension for my wife applied for spouse visa but due to English provider equipments it was refused but she received 3 year discretionary leave to remain in march 2012 Article 8 family life or private life because of marriage, Its due to expire in march 2015. do i have to apply for discretionary leave to remain extension form FRL(0)? Will i have show English provider equipments ESOL entry 3 on my extension form due to been declined my visa on yours reasons? my wife is currently not working due to been home with baby, family is receiving tax credits as iam on a low income job will that affect her application because of receiving public funds.?

Thank you so much i really appreciate any advise and help mike

sharon1017
Newly Registered

Post by sharon1017 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:30 pm

I sent the application form for extension under the article 8 family life. But me office said they did not receive my original passport and if I don't send them within 10 working days they will serve me as overstayer. What should I do ? I have already sent them all my document. How can I produce another passport? It's very unfair.Home office lost my passport themselves.