ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEPENDANT VISA FOR CHILD OVER 18 YEARS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rrmaruti
Newly Registered

DEPENDANT VISA FOR CHILD OVER 18 YEARS

Post by rrmaruti » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:14 pm

I am on tier1 general visa which was granted on 01.04.2009 and my family was granted dependent visa in Dec'09, at that time my daughter was 17 years old. My extension was due on 31.03.2012, at that time she was 20 years old and was studying and working as well, I had to apply separately for her,and there was a fees difference of £50 and we all were granted visa. Now for my ILR,will she be able to apply the same way as last time. Now she is no longer a student and she is working full time but still leaves with me and still dependent on us. My question is can I apply in the same way which I did at the time of my extension. Can you please guide.

Amber
Mood:

Re: DEPENDANT VISA FOR CHILD OVER 18 YEARS

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:17 pm

So long as she is not living an independent life.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:52 pm

[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/general/settlement/dependants/#header3]How to apply wrote:[/url]Applications for settlement by Tier 1 (General) migrants must be made using application form SET(O). You can use one form for a joint application by you, your partner and any children aged under 18, if they are applying as your dependants. Children over 18 must apply separately using form SET(O).

For more information and to download the application form, see the SET(O) page.
See also ILR for Over 18 dependant and KOLL.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ibrobabs
Newly Registered

TIER 4 STUDENT VISA TO DEPENDENT VISA

Post by ibrobabs » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:28 am

Hi, I'm currently on a Tier 4 student Visa, but will be expiring by Jan. However my siblings are British Citizens, and I am looking to apply for a family dependant visa before expiry, is that possible with the new immigration law?

shakeerahT
Newly Registered

Post by shakeerahT » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:26 pm

hello,

can you please tell if your application was successful and how you went about it?