ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Visa Entry Application - EU Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pol123v
Newly Registered

Ireland Visa Entry Application - EU Spouse

Post by pol123v » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post - I have read so much useful information on this website that I am extremely grateful to everybody who shares there knowledge on the EU Family permit route. I am British, I have lived in Ecuador for 7 years and this year married my long-term partner. We are looking to travel to Ireland in January and we are currently applying online for the entry visa - as a family member of a EU citizen. My husband is applying for the short stay (C) visa - however I have some questions regarding the application process as we want to get everything right and not risk getting refused:

1) The form asks for "Proposed dates you wish to enter and leave Ireland" We are putting a date in January for our entry date however we are unsure whether to put a leaving date of 3 months later or leave this section blank? I am worried that if we leave it blank there is a risk it could be refused as it looks like he is trying to stay illegally, however if we put a leaving date we would also by lying...

2) There is a section for "Contact/Host in Ireland" - should we put an address for a hotel here? or place my information as the EU citizen as a host, even though I am not currently in Ireland as we plan on travelling together or should we just put N/A? I cannot leave blank as it is an obligatory section.

I understand the paperwork and evidence we will present to the Irish consulate in Ecuador once the online application is submitted. I plan on submitting the following:

a) My UK passport
b) Husband´s Ecuadorian passport
c) Marriage certificate - legalised and translated to English - should I also get it apostilled?
d) Travel itinerary - a hotel and flight reservation (though not yet paid for just pre-reserved)
e) Two cover letters - one from me and one from him stating that we plan on travelling together to Ireland under the EU directive.

Is there anything else we should submit to support our application?

I would appreciate any help from anybody who has already completed the online appilcation form sucessfully.

Thank you!

robsters
Member of Standing

Re: Ireland Visa Entry Application - EU Spouse

Post by robsters » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Hello

decided to put a reply as ive noticed you had no replies, You need to put a place your staying, i am also doing my application to for my wife in indonesia with her right now, we got married 2 weeks ago but waiting for our marriage certficate. I plan to try use an extended family address for our application but if i can't i will book a cheap B&B for 1 night and add that to her application, if you don't put a place of stay they can refuse i believe. same with flight details! most travel agents will pre book one for you without paying whole, just tell them you need it for a visa application!

as for leaving date its best to put something even if it is the full 3 months as i will personally will add a leaving date because if i fail to get a job after 3 months then my wife under the directive will have to return home, so best to put 2 or 3 months time after arrival for your "proposed" leaving date

hope that helps! good luck maybe see you there in dublin :)

remember this is just an entry c visa it just allows you to travel to ireland not stay...to stay you need to get a residence card within 90 days! so when applying for the visa just treat it as a entry visa only as that all it is, you will be asked questions when you arrive i believe as well, you can say your going for any reason, sight seeing, looking for work etc but after 90 days without a residence card who ever the no eu spouse would have to leave so get a job asap! then your all good to stay

pol123v
Newly Registered

Post by pol123v » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:05 pm

Thank you so much for your answer, was really helpful! I also have extended family in Ireland but it seems like a lot of hassle contacting them so I guess I will just put the address of a hotel/b&b. Are you getting your marriage certificate apostilled as I read on the inis website that its necesarry?

Good luck with your application!

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:07 am

i believe in indonesia the document is signed and stamped by the civil office so its already an offical government document and under the irish embassy indonesian citizens get visas for free, not heard of this before, maybe it depends on country you come from, probably want it signed and stamped by a government official i guess?