ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AishaRaza
Newly Registered

marriage in UK

Post by AishaRaza » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am

My boyfriend is pakistanian citizen and works 6 months of the year in UK. I am located in Norway and norweigan citizen. We have been together for some years now and we want to move forward in life and can not travel all the time between Europe and Pakistan as we do now. Does anyone knows if it is possible to do a marriage in court of UK when he is in UK working?
Thankfully for reply
Aisha

Casa

Re: marriage in UK

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:01 am

Yes but you'll have to marry in one of the Home Office designated Registry Offices and give at least 16 days notice. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-wales
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: marriage in UK

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 pm

AishaRaza wrote:My boyfriend is pakistanian citizen and works 6 months of the year in UK. I am located in Norway and norweigan citizen. We have been together for some years now and we want to move forward in life and can not travel all the time between Europe and Pakistan as we do now. Does anyone knows if it is possible to do a marriage in court of UK when he is in UK working?
Thankfully for reply
Aisha
Under what visa does he work 6 months a year in UK under?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....