ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Airport Immigration.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mehulchamria

Airport Immigration.

Post by mehulchamria » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:01 am

Hello All,

Hope you are well.

I was just wondering if any one can share a recent airport immigration experience. I am soon to go for leave for 2 weeks. Just a bit worried about what they might ask on return. Like do they ask you to show your bank account to see if the money is still available? or do they just ask general questions. Any experience shared would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mehul

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Airport Immigration.

Post by aby00156 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi mehul,

Just to let you know that I came back last week after 2 weeks holiday from India. I was held for about 1 hour at the home office counter at the airport. They asked my all sorts of questions like :

1. Did you ever had problems with immigration
2. What visa are you on.
3. what visa were you on before this
4. What is the nature of your business
5. How much you were told to show as investment
6. Where did you show the money.
7. What is your business address
8. How many clients do you have
9. Is your business registered
10. Where and how much are the investment funds now
11. Do you have a website
12. Do you have a business card.
13. How much do you earn per client
14. How many people have you employed.
15. Do you have any invoices with you now.
16. Where and why did you go.

and many more ....

They took and kept my business card. You must be ready for all these questions mate when you enter the airport after the holiday.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

planet299

Post by planet299 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:41 am

I would like to share my experience no problem at all passport control. I stayed 21 days in usa immigration officer was very nice just stamp my passport and said have a good day. Could be above person confused at that piont. Thats why had this situation. Good luck for holidays

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Its vary and depends on the personal situation of the person as well.So guys dnt worry and go on holidays but you should know each and every bit of your business.

G M

Post by G M » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:07 am

Hello guys, I am planning to travel this coming December 14 to Pakistan and will be staying thrr for 3 weeks and coming back in Jan15.

I am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa, heard that there are a lot of question the officers ask on return.

Is there anything i should be careful off or any questions i should prepare. I am working on my business and also have a client in London that i am working on.

Any responses will be really appreciated.

showrave
Newly Registered

Post by showrave » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:53 pm

hi, I m planning to go to Bangladesh soon. I am just worried if they gives any difficulties at the Heathrow airport on return. please share your experience. I have invested around 10k, employed 1 person, about to submit my account to company house. I have been to usa 2 month ago. on return they aksed me few question.
1. how many people have you employed.
2. what service do you provide.
3. how much have u invested
4. whats the proof do you have.
i was too worried. i said i have no proof. they gave me a hard time. after then i showed them website from my idiot-phone. then they let me go. i was about to get sucked. God savedme from troublence. i don't know what they r going to ask me on return from Bangladesh.

please share your experience..........

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks for sharing the stories guys as I am also planning to travel out. Hope everything will go smooth.

one2one2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by one2one2 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Please members just a request, while sharing your stories please mention the airport where you landed.....thanks

hikm633
Newly Registered

Post by hikm633 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:07 pm

hi
i came back from Bangladesh on last august through Heathrow and i have been asked same question about my business,invest and any employment creation.so take care guys about handling airport .

G M

Post by G M » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Please guys when sharing the questions you were asked by the immigration officers. please can you also write the answers you gave to the immigration officers.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Watch UK border force on YouTube.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:22 am

vinny wrote:Watch UK border force on YouTube.
Thanks Vinny.

G M

Post by G M » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:25 am

For tier1 entrepreneur visa holder.
Please if anyone could share their recent experiences on immigration while on entrepreneur visa.

sskhalsa

Post by sskhalsa » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:34 pm

I had my 3 months holidays in India when i came back they asked me few questions
1. What sort of business you have ?
2. how many employee you have?
3. have you invested anything ?

I said i don't have any employee yet and haven't invested anything then immigration officer stoop up from his chair and went into other office to discuss about me. after 5 min he came back and allowed me to get in. he just said thanks and warn me to invest and employee people in my business.

Thanks

sskhalsa

Post by sskhalsa » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:53 am

My wife got depandant visa and she is coming to UK this Friday. I am worrying they will definitely ask same questions

sskhalsa

Post by sskhalsa » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:56 am

I heared from someone UKBA cancelling Tier 1 visas if someone get caught breaching conditions. One of my friend's mate his visa has been cancelled I don't know what reason for. Yea, they are very strict now.

citizenship
Newly Registered

Post by citizenship » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:19 am

HI All

Is anyone recently came back from pakistan or india or any other country ?
G M i am also going to pakistan soon and thinking to come back In Dec, I will INSHA ALLAH post my experience here. I added you to my friend,s list, u can accept me if you like.

G M

Post by G M » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:58 am

sskhalsa wrote:My wife got depandant visa and she is coming to UK this Friday. I am worrying they will definitely ask same questions

If your wife is coming on a dependent visa then she will not be ask any questions relating to your business or investment unless she is a director in your company.

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:31 pm

citizenship wrote:HI All

Is anyone recently came back from pakistan or india or any other country ?
G M i am also going to pakistan soon and thinking to come back In Dec, I will INSHA ALLAH post my experience here. I added you to my friend,s list, u can accept me if you like.

i am also flying to pakistan in dec for 3 weeks ! i have heard that they ask alot of questions on the airport but the key to get out is confidence if you are confident and legit then they cannot stop you from entering :)

G M

Post by G M » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Guys it will be nice if you can also write the answers to the questions you were asked.

e.g How much have you invested and where are the investment funds?

Thanks a lot

G M

Post by G M » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 pm

any more experiences on immigration travelling under Entrepreneur visa will be appreciated.

Please if you could also write the answers to the questions asked by the immigration officers would be helpful.

G M

Post by G M » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:51 am

hello guys.... just came back from Pakistan last week after 3 weeks. Thought I should update you on the questions asked by the immigration officer.

What do you do in London?

What kind of business you run?

Have you got clients?

How much have you invested so far?

When will the rest be invested? Have you got any proof of the remaining funds?

Have you employed any so far?

My responses were that I invested £10k so far and got the remaining£40k in my bank account.
Employment: Haven’t employed anyone but planning to employ few in the next few months and then the immigration officer was like you should have employed at least 2 in the first year. I replied saying that it’s not the first year but within the first 3 years. I also gave him my business card which cooled down the situation.

Well in the end he issued with the warning and wrote all these details on the landing card and said that next time I come to the port I should have the correct answers in regards to funds and employment.

Goodluck

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:54 pm

G M wrote:hello guys.... just came back from Pakistan last week after 3 weeks. Thought I should update you on the questions asked by the immigration officer.

What do you do in London?

What kind of business you run?

Have you got clients?

How much have you invested so far?

When will the rest be invested? Have you got any proof of the remaining funds?

Have you employed any so far?

My responses were that I invested £10k so far and got the remaining£40k in my bank account.
Employment: Haven’t employed anyone but planning to employ few in the next few months and then the immigration officer was like you should have employed at least 2 in the first year. I replied saying that it’s not the first year but within the first 3 years. I also gave him my business card which cooled down the situation.

Well in the end he issued with the warning and wrote all these details on the landing card and said that next time I come to the port I should have the correct answers in regards to funds and employment.

Goodluck
But why did you receive a warning? You did not necessarily have to employ anyone in the first year.
Was this at Heathrow? I'm surprised that they said all this.

anas_19
Newly Registered

Post by anas_19 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi guys,

I came to London (Heathrow) one month ago after a vacation for 3 weeks,

officer asked me

-What sort of business you have ?

-how much your business turnover ? :shock:

I said I got my visa 6 months ago I even didn't submit self assessment yet (i'm self employed),I'll do before 31 Jan ,I have several contracts and I'm working on them now, then she asked

-according to HO , how much your business turn over must be at least? I said according to HO I have to invest 50,000 and they are in the bank,then she stamped the passport.

I wasn't sure if this was a trick question or she don't really know that no such a requirement ! is there any requirement regarding the turnover ?

good luck guys

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:21 pm

I came back from Pakistan 3 times after got visa, you should know what u doing, they might ask you nothing or might ask you questions.