ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU4 Stamp and Social

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

treefriend

EU4 Stamp and Social

Post by treefriend » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:00 am

Hey Folks,
My mother and sister are on EU4FAM stamps. My mother need to see Doc constantly due to a medical condition. My sister is dependent on me and my wife.

Our mother's doctor has asked us to apply a medical card for our mother. My sister is also in process of getting student grant.

I am wondering whether getting social assistance is likely to cause any issue for them to apply for permanent residency after 5 years on Stamp4.

Please share your kind advice/experience here. Your help will help me a lot to make a knowledgeble decision

Thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU4 Stamp and Social

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:57 pm

Well, it might cause issue that she is dependent on social services. This is why DOJ ask you first the private medical insurance at the first place.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Re: EU4 Stamp and Social

Post by Leinsterimmig » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Exactly, it may cause an issue as evidence of the EU citizen exercising rights in the State for 5 years is required. However if the dependants have a medical card, this is ok once the EU citizen has evidence employment/self-employment for the 5 years. Hope this helps
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum