ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General to ILR - Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krishnan.c
Newly Registered

Tier1 General to ILR - Question

Post by krishnan.c » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi

I will be completing 5 years in UK during Dec'14.

The 5 years is made up of initial 1 year 3 months on Tier 2 (Intracompany) visa and later 3 years 9 months on Tier 1 General VISA.

My question.

Is there any issue for applying for ILR based on this combination?

Do I need to submit any additional documents for my earlier stay under the Tier 2 (Intracompany) VISA?

Appreciate some guidance.

Kris

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1 General to ILR - Question

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:03 pm

One of friend has similar case, But he didn't submit any extra documentation. And he got recently his ILR.

Hence no issues.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:04 pm

you can combine tier-2(ICT) (got before apr2010?) with current Tier-1(general) to make up 5 yrs of continuous period.
i don't know additional documents, just go through SET(O) form and guidance for better clarity
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

krishnan.c
Newly Registered

Post by krishnan.c » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:08 pm

yes Abhishek I got the Tier 2 (ICT) before apr 2010.

The guidance is not very clear on this combination for supporting documentation. If you have got some guidance material then it would be useful.

On the application form Sec 11L only talks about the supporting documentation for Tier 1 plus workpermit, but this does not mention anything on Tier 2 (ICT).

"11L Tier 1 (General) migrant
If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing five years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:
    Evidence specified in section 9A of this form
    For the period be
      fore you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

It is not clear from above what supporting documents is required. Do they need all the payslips, bank statement etc for the starting 1 year 3 months?

From what Suresh comment, It appears no additional documents is necessary. But is there any experience on this?

abhisheks9
      Member of Standing
      India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:58 pm

check sub heading Continuous residence in
      https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... -1-general

Clearly stated following:
      [quote]The 5 years can include time in the UK on another visa if it was 1 of the following:

Tier 1 (General)
      Tier 2 (General)
      Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)
      Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)
      Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
      Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
      Work Permit
      Innovator
      Self-Employed Lawyer
      Writer, Composer or Artist[/quote]
      Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

krishnan.c
      Newly Registered

Post by krishnan.c » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:20 pm

I understand the combination is possible.... only thing I want to be sure if there is any additional document needed to be included in my SET(O) application relating to the Tier2 (ICT)

Smatholi
      Newly Registered

Post by Smatholi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi All,

I have a query..Can someone please help me..

I got my Tier 1 on 15th June 2010. But I entered UK only on 29th August 2010 and I will be applying for ILR in May 2015 (28 days prior to my Tier 1 expiry)

Can someone please explain what will be the start date for calculating continuous 5 year period? Should i calculate from visa date or date of entry to UK. If it is date of entry to UK I will not satisfy 5 year and I will have to apply for Tier 1 extension.

Please let me know where in UKBA site or in immigration rules this is defined. Please send me a link.It will be of great help. Thank you all. Cheers