ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ronzie
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ronzie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Scorpion_uk wrote:By the Grace of Allah, I received my ILR couple of days ago.

I am pretty much silent reader of this forum and have deiced to share my experience of ILR application for the benefit of others.

There was no complication in my application as far I can see, no overstay and less than 180 days out of UK in the last 10 years. Previous Visas were combination of Student,PSW and Tier1 G.

Application sent in Mid of Sep, Bio registered in Mid of Oct.

Case expedited in the same week after Bio registration, based on close family member's health condition and got the reply in writing from HO within a week after that. I did not send any Medical letter with initial request but my caseworker was kind enough to give me a second chance and advised that UKVI will consider my request if I submit the medical letter.

Letter was submitted after couple of days and my case was processed on the same day.

Congress :P

No local MP was involved, I never felt the need of going through an MP.

Anyone considering to expedite their pending applications should only do so if they have a genuine reason for that, a medical emergency is only sufficient reason if one has life threatening condition.

Having said that, it will always depend on the caseworker who is dealing with your request to expedite the application, one may not be as sympathetic as others would!

Good luck to all who are waiting for the outcome of their applications and Insha Allah everyone would receive a positive response soon.

ronzie
Newly Registered

Post by ronzie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:34 pm

As we can see HO doing end of july and begining of august application by the end of november i think they will clear those backlog and may be consider september and october apps in December & January. Finger Crossed And GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO IS STIL WAITING
:P

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Hello Great People,

Application send: 18/09/2014
Acknowl received: 22/09/2014
Biometric received: 05/10/2014
Biometric recorded: 07/10/2014
Approval date: Pending

Please update the Drive with my timeline

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:30 pm

Again someone ruined our favourite Google tracker :(

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:04 pm

can anyone point me to this tracker? want to have a look at it.

thanks
Application sent (AN Form): Fri 04/03/2016 via POST
app fee taken: Mon 14/03/2016
Ack received: 17/03/2016
Biometric received: 17/03/2016
Biometric recorded: 19/03/2016
Approval date: 25/04/2016
Spreadsheet

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:24 pm

arsenal49 wrote:can anyone point me to this tracker? want to have a look at it.

thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi,

Just to share that my wife got her SET(M) approved in PEO Croydon today.

She applied for her FLR(m) before 6th April and requested to hold her application until my SET(LR) decision.

I got my SET(LR) approved on 1st August and she got her FLR(m) valid for 2 years respectively.

Today we went to croydon for her SET(m) application and it was gone all smooth.

She claimed her ILR under rules placed before 6th April which is 287 (a)(i)(d).

We wrote a covering letter highlighting this rules and also attached a complaint feedback letter shared by a forum member (GOds Help) to support our application.

After biometrics we waited nearly 2 hours and then were called on counter. We were given good news that her application has been successful and her Biometrics card will be sent within 7 days.

From the time of handing over our bundle to the counter till decision time, no question was asked.

It was very straight forward and total time in and out was 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Good luck to all those who are waiting and about to apply.

Thanks again for all of you for sharing your experiences.

Regards,
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:08 pm

Shahjee Bhai/ Senior members,

I am preparing my wife FLR (M) documents and got her english language assessment letter based on her Pakistani BDS degree from UK NARIC. UK NARIC has confirmed that her degree is equivalent to British Bachelor degree. However, when it comes to English language assessment based on this degree. They said

"The level of English Language for the above degree course does not meet the requirements of CEFR level C1.... Nonetheless, it is worth noting that holders of your degree would meet lower CEFR level descriptors, up to and including CEFR B2"

Would that letter be enough to exempt her from the English language requirement for her FLR (M) application?

Could you please advise??
Many thanks in advance.

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Dear friends,

just a suggestion

SOMEONE PLEASE

PUT A NOTICE ON THE TOP OF THE SPREADSHEET THAT NO INDIVIDUAL SHOULD EDIT THE INFORMATION

ALL new and old members should leave a message on the forum so only PERSON(s) WITH EXPERIENCE CAN EDIT spreadsheet.

this is also helpful to OTHER MEMBERS who CAN FIND THE NEW INFORMATION WHICH IS JUST UPDATED on the list of messages.

regards

umamah19
Newly Registered

Post by umamah19 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:42 pm

tuliprose wrote:Hi,

Just to share that my wife got her SET(M) approved in PEO Croydon today.

She applied for her FLR(m) before 6th April and requested to hold her application until my SET(LR) decision.

I got my SET(LR) approved on 1st August and she got her FLR(m) valid for 2 years respectively.

Today we went to croydon for her SET(m) application and it was gone all smooth.

She claimed her ILR under rules placed before 6th April which is 287 (a)(i)(d).

We wrote a covering letter highlighting this rules and also attached a complaint feedback letter shared by a forum member (GOds Help) to support our application.

Congratulations brother.
If you don't mind could you please send me the covering letter to ehasan.ahmed@gmail.com
Many thanks in advance.

After biometrics we waited nearly 2 hours and then were called on counter. We were given good news that her application has been successful and her Biometrics card will be sent within 7 days.

From the time of handing over our bundle to the counter till decision time, no question was asked.

It was very straight forward and total time in and out was 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Good luck to all those who are waiting and about to apply.

Thanks again for all of you for sharing your experiences.

Regards,

ima
Newly Registered

Post by ima » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Dear Members,

I recently got my ILR however I am about to take the biggest test of my life in December. I am going back home to get married but unsure of what form and documents do i require to apply for my wife to be visa. I will greatly appreciate a quick response by one of the senior members and if there are any other points that I need to keep in mind.

Many thanks,

Ima

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:26 pm

ima wrote:Dear Members,

I recently got my ILR however I am about to take the biggest test of my life in December. I am going back home to get married but unsure of what form and documents do i require to apply for my wife to be visa. I will greatly appreciate a quick response by one of the senior members and if there are any other points that I need to keep in mind.

Many thanks,

Ima
hi ima,
could you please tell us your timeline for your ILR and a little bit about your VISA history to enable us give you appropriate advise.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:43 pm

janibaba wrote:i need to ask you one question it would be so helpful if some could answer it quickly please.
my friend got his ILR on 10 years long residency. he got approved last month which was september 2014.
he got one daughter and she is 3 year old born in the UK. i know that she can get british passport right away but my friend wants to apply FLR(M) for his wife. his wife and daughter both are in uk since 2011.
now come to the question how much income does my friend needs to show for his wife`s FLR(M) application?
is it 18,600 or 22,400 because he got one daughter as well. i hope my question make sense

Thanks for your help

zeck
You only need to show income of 18,600 for you wife FLR(M). you do not need to include your daughter in the form FLR(M) form as she was born in UK Thus need to apply for british passport using MN1 form I guess. Hope it clears the confusion.
Regards
Baz

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Hello tulip rose
Can you please send me covering letter and complaint feed back letter.
Thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi tanz5656

What is your email?
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:50 am

Congrts tulip rose for flr m
plz check PM

Thanks

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:59 am

Hello
Hello tulip rose
My email address is [u][i]email address removed by moderator[/i][/u] and really thanks for your cooperation

Betta
Newly Registered

Post by Betta » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:24 am

saqib425 ,
Thanks for the update and congratulations, that you have got your permanent stay papers finally.

I need your advise , hoping you or anyone else with knowledge in this area can help too please.

We are a couple and our daughter has clocked 7 years in the UK (Aug,2014) We are currently on a student visa expiring at the end of March 2015. I qualify to apply for 10 years long residence in December 2015. Can not extend based on studentship again because of capping limit issues. Tier 2 is also extremely difficult to get a sponsor and as for Tier 1 Enterpr, the money needed (£50,000) is beyond my reach. My question is, do you think I can apply based on 7 years child concession and still get to Dec 2015 through appeals as you did bearing in mind I have got a 9 months gap?

Please I would appreciate any advise on how best I can handle this issue.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:46 am

salam all,
Alhamodillah I got my ILR approved at PEO Croydon yesterday,
I was TIER 4 defendant, applied for FLRM before 6th april, husband got ilr under long residency april 2014.

my immigration history is as follows;
I got leave to enter in October 2007 as dependant work permit.
I got leave to remain as tier4 dependant in September 2011
I got an extension as tier4 dependant in Oct 2013.
I was granted FLRM on May 14th 2014 under section 284 as my partner got ILR on long residence in April 2014
I was eligible to combine my accrued leaves without waiting for another 2 years. And apply for settlement.
I had been given conflicting information as I was trier 4 dependant and the rules have changed considerably but I knew I qualify for settlement and I wrote a complaint to home office on 7th august and explained that due to error in HC1039 of statement of immigration changes(The error – Clauses 98 and 99 of HC1039 are replica of Immigration rules 287(a)(i)(d). Therefore no change, contrary to what was intended,that allowed tier 4 dependantpre july2012 to still switch and amalgamate their leave until 5th april2014). I was able to switch to flrm under old rules (before rules changed again on 6th april2014) and since I have rightfully got my flrm I am eligible for ILR under section 287a)i)d though I had been a tier 4 dependant in the past.
The response to which from UKVI dated 5/9/2014 .
Your application to switch to FLR m route was considered under paragraph 284 of immigration rules. It therefore follows from this that your application to indefinite leave for remain can be considered under Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) of the same rules and your time spent as a tier 4 dependant can be amalgamated enabling you to apply for settlement at any point on future whilst your current conditions apply.
I apologize that you receive conflicting guidance, but unfortunately this is a complex area of rules where there have been many recent changes

I posted my complaint to lunor house address on 14 aug and got the above written response on 5th sep.
I wrote a cover letter in detail explaining this and I also gave reference of previous cases from this forum that they were wrongfully refused and I do not want this to happen with me ,of course in a polite manner.
I had my PEO appointment yesterday. extremely smooth no question asked at all and after2 hours ILR approved. I think the my complaint response letter did the magic.
Also for reference I would like to share, I submitted my life in the UK, my degree from Pakistan and point based calculator print of English 10 points and qualification 30 point, 10 cohab docs, 6 moths wages and corresponding bank slips, we also claim child benefit and child tax credit both in husbands in name although CTC was applied in joint names.
I REALLY WANT TO THANK THIS FORUM GOT A LOT OF HELP ALL GURUS ,MEMBERS ESPECIALLY AMBER!!!

ima
Newly Registered

Post by ima » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Spatacus wrote:

Many thanks,

Ima
hi ima,
could you please tell us your timeline for your ILR and a little bit about your VISA history to enable us give you appropriate advise.
Dear Spatacus,

Thank you for answering the call. Please see below my visa history;

2004-2009 Student Visa
2009-2011 PSW
2011-2014 HSMP Tier 1 - General
April 2014 - Ilr application made
Sep 2014 - Ilr approved

Many thanks,

Ima

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 pm

ima wrote:
Spatacus wrote:

Many thanks,

Ima
hi ima,
Dear Spatacus,

2004-2009 Student Visa
2009-2011 PSW
Sep 2014 - Ilr approved

Many thanks,

Ima
Hello Ima,
Thank you for your timeline.First and foremost you need to meet the financial (£18,600) and english requirements for your wife. The financial requirements includes 6-months bank statements and 6-months payslips. You wife must pass the english exam. Since your wife does not live in the UK at the moment am afraid she cannot use form FLRM, but i think she can use form VAF4A and please fill out Appendix-2 as directed in the application form. Please follow the link below;

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /VAF4A.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

You should complete Appendix 2 if you wish to come to the UK as:
• The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in the UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on 09 July 2012; or
• The fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The unmarried or same sex partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or child) of someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

Hope this helps :D Other experienced members please give your advise to Ima. Thanks

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:45 pm

GOd Helps wrote:salam all,
Alhamodillah I got my ILR approved at PEO Croydon yesterday,
I was TIER 4 defendant, applied for FLRM before 6th april, husband got ilr under long residency april 2014.

my immigration history is as follows;
I got leave to enter in October 2007 as dependant work permit.
I got leave to remain as tier4 dependant in September 2011
I got an extension as tier4 dependant in Oct 2013.
I was granted FLRM on May 14th 2014 under section 284 as my partner got ILR on long residence in April 2014
I was eligible to combine my accrued leaves without waiting for another 2 years. And apply for settlement.
I had been given conflicting information as I was trier 4 dependant and the rules have changed considerably but I knew I qualify for settlement and I wrote a complaint to home office on 7th august and explained that due to error in HC1039 of statement of immigration changes(The error – Clauses 98 and 99 of HC1039 are replica of Immigration rules 287(a)(i)(d). Therefore no change, contrary to what was intended,that allowed tier 4 dependantpre july2012 to still switch and amalgamate their leave until 5th april2014). I was able to switch to flrm under old rules (before rules changed again on 6th april2014) and since I have rightfully got my flrm I am eligible for ILR under section 287a)i)d though I had been a tier 4 dependant in the past.
The response to which from UKVI dated 5/9/2014 .
Your application to switch to FLR m route was considered under paragraph 284 of immigration rules. It therefore follows from this that your application to indefinite leave for remain can be considered under Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) of the same rules and your time spent as a tier 4 dependant can be amalgamated enabling you to apply for settlement at any point on future whilst your current conditions apply.
I apologize that you receive conflicting guidance, but unfortunately this is a complex area of rules where there have been many recent changes

I posted my complaint to lunor house address on 14 aug and got the above written response on 5th sep.
I wrote a cover letter in detail explaining this and I also gave reference of previous cases from this forum that they were wrongfully refused and I do not want this to happen with me ,of course in a polite manner.
I had my PEO appointment yesterday. extremely smooth no question asked at all and after2 hours ILR approved. I think the my complaint response letter did the magic.
Also for reference I would like to share, I submitted my life in the UK, my degree from Pakistan and point based calculator print of English 10 points and qualification 30 point, 10 cohab docs, 6 moths wages and corresponding bank slips, we also claim child benefit and child tax credit both in husbands in name although CTC was applied in joint names.
I REALLY WANT TO THANK THIS FORUM GOT A LOT OF HELP ALL GURUS ,MEMBERS ESPECIALLY AMBER!!!
Congratulations and God luck

saqib425
Newly Registered

Post by saqib425 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Betta,

Sorry for late reply.. i can fully understand what you going to ask me but brother to be very honestly nowadays H/O decide Human Rights Application quickly. U know they refused me within a month and after that i went a for FTT Appeal and i did try to Adjourn but court has refused Although i had submit a letter from Dr... Any ways 9 months is really long journey depends when H/O decide your application... i am wondering why u thinking that they will refused u?? Apply with Positive mind n submit every single document which is related to ur child . for example school letter ( must mention in letter how much ur child involved in school + behave ), pic with school friend, try to show that ur child don't have any ties in ur country..community involvement like library certificate etc...
bottom line submit every document even if u feel its not Important but please submit because its nothing to lose if u submit....May God will help u . Any confusion plz ask me....school letter is very important . normally school administration just mention that they are register but its not enough . u ask them please mention her behave with other student , education skills etc etc...

ima
Newly Registered

Post by ima » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:07 am

hi ima,
could you please tell us your timeline for your ILR and a little bit about your VISA history to enable us give you appropriate advise.[/quote]

Dear Spatacus,

2004-2009 Student Visa
2009-2011 PSW
Sep 2014 - Ilr approved

Many thanks,

Ima[/quote]

Hello Ima,
Thank you for your timeline.First and foremost you need to meet the financial (£18,600) and english requirements for your wife. The financial requirements includes 6-months bank statements and 6-months payslips. You wife must pass the english exam. Since your wife does not live in the UK at the moment am afraid she cannot use form FLRM, but i think she can use form VAF4A and please fill out Appendix-2 as directed in the application form. Please follow the link below;

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /VAF4A.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

You should complete Appendix 2 if you wish to come to the UK as:
• The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in the UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on 09 July 2012; or
• The fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The unmarried or same sex partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or child) of someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

Hope this helps :D Other experienced members please give your advise to Ima. Thanks[/quote]

Dear Spatacus,

Thank you for your quick response, much appreciated. Unfortunately, I don't fulfill the first criteria of earning £18,600 per year however, the firm I am currently working with will offer me a new contract beginning from 5th of January which will hopefully see me meeting the financial requirement of £18,600. Till date I have been earning less than £18,600 and that too on a contractual basis and not permanent.

Once my new contract is set up, hopefully I will have 6 months of payslip and bank statements showing funds by 1st week of July. I shall also be able to arrange contract letter from employer and accommodation letter from the landlord.

Which English test should she take, IELTs, Toefl amd what's the minimum band required?
Do I have to attach her Educational documents as well?
Do you know what's the average time scale for such applications thesedays?

My understanding was that I would be the only one filling out the form and submitting the application from UK but little confused about her being required to fill out form too from back home. Are we supposed to submit separate applications from within UK and from back home? Please advise.

I'm really grateful for your time and responses.

Many thanks,

Ima

Betta
Newly Registered

Post by Betta » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:54 am

Thanks saqib425 for the advise.

The worry is that the refusal rate in this area is quiet high when you are applying as a couple. Any I will still have a go.

Kind regards,