ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent VISA for child born in UK, apply from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mantasingh

Tier 1 Dependent VISA for child born in UK, apply from India

Post by mantasingh » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi Gurus

I am on Tier 1 General Visa and is due for ILR in March, 16. My daughter was born here last year but I didn't apply for her visa as we didn't have any travel plans.

Now I have to travel immediately and I wish to apply for her Tier 1 Dependent Visa from India.

Is this allowed that a child born in UK who has Indian passport can leave UK and then apply for entry clearance from India.

Please confirm so that I can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

M

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Dependent VISA for child born in UK, apply from I

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Vinny

Thanks a lot for your reply and it helps a lot.

As my daughter is born in UK and I am due for my ILR in Feb, 16, will there be any issue at the time of my ILR if I get her Visa from India.
I was planning to submit ILR application for myself & wife and wait for my ILR and then request for British Passport for my daughter as she is UK born.

Please advice.
Your assistance is highly appreciated.

M

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:08 am

Skip daughter's visa.

After you are granted ILR, your daughter is entitled to register for British citizenship in India. Then get a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:27 am

Thank Vinny

I have to get her Visa as I need to travel outside UK.
My question is that after getting her Visa when I will file for my ILR, do I have to file her ILR along with me or I can wait for my ILR to be granted and get her British Passport straight away.

Please confirm.

Thanks for your support

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:28 am

mantasingh wrote: I have to get her Visa as I need to travel outside UK.
No. She can leave the UK without having the dependent visa. She will need a visa when she returns to the UK.
mantasingh wrote:My question is that after getting her visa, when (we have returned to the UK and) I will file for my ILR, do I have to file her ILR along with me...?
As she was born in the UK, you do not have to include her on your ILR application.
mantasingh wrote:...or I can wait for my ILR to be granted and get her British Passport straight away.
After you are granted ILR, you will need to register her as a British citizen using form MN1, under provision 1(3). After she has been registered, you can then apply for her passport.

icprashanth
Newly Registered

Post by icprashanth » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi Vinny

I have question regarding the document to be submitted for tier 1 dependent visa for the baby born in india.

Is it mandatory to show a tenency agreement if yes does it needs to be 2 BHK or 1 BHK is fine (family of 3).

also please share a list of docs you sumbitted.

regards
Prashant