ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extra-pulmonary tuberculosis...want to apply for visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mikhan
Newly Registered

extra-pulmonary tuberculosis...want to apply for visit visa

Post by mikhan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:37 pm

Hello all,

I am receving treatment for extra-pulmonary tuberculosis which is a non-infectious condition. i want to apply for 6 months visit visa to the UK. Can i fly to the UK with TB medicines without any trouble at the immigration and customs at the airport ?

i know people who want to visit the UK for less than 6 months are not required to be screened for TB anyway, and only those with infectious pulmonary TB are barred from entry.

kindly guide me regarding my specific situation. At the airport if they enquire about the drugs, will i need to provide any proof that indeed my TB is extrapulmonary ?

kindly guide me regarding my specific situation.

regards.
Last edited by mikhan on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: extrapulmonary tuberculosis...want to apply for visit vi

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:01 pm

As per my understanding, generally they won't check for TB. Carrying medicines was not an issue. But some how immigration officers came to know that you are undergoing a treatment for TB ,They might deport country.

Regards,
Suresh

mikhan
Newly Registered

Re: extra-pulmonary tuberculosis...want to apply for visit v

Post by mikhan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 am

thanks for your reply suresh.

i have gone through the uk visa and immigration website as well as their TB technical instructions booklet. Only those with 'active pulmonary TB' are not issued the visa. My TB is not pulmonary and nor its active. And i would be applying to a visa of 6 months whose applicants are not screened anyway.

my issue is travelling with my medicines. Should i carry some sort of health certificate etc from my doctor stating my medical condition, to avoid any confusion at the borders ?