ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK General Visitor Visa rejection - Please help - URGENT -

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

perthuser
Newly Registered

UK General Visitor Visa rejection - Please help - URGENT -

Post by perthuser » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi All

I had applied for my Mothers UK General Visitor Visa from India- bangalore and it has been rejected with the below reason

==================
I recongnise that family visits are important. I must consider the information regarding your sponsor's support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intenstions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules I must assess you own personal and financial circumstances.

Exchange Rate £1=91.24INR

In order to access your intentions in the UK I must consider your personal circumstances and I note that you have not submitted any evidence of your personal and financial circumstances. You have stated in your application gthat your son supports you financially and gives you some amount per month. YOu have not provided any evidence of income or funds that state you have no other assests.Without such evidence I am satisfied that you intent to leave the UK at the end of your visit stated by you; and donot live for extended periods in United Kingdom through frequent or successive visits or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months (paragraph 41(i)(ii) of HC 395).

I have therefore refused your application that I am not satisfied, on the balance of probablities that you meet all of the requirements of relevant paragraph of the United Kingdom immigration rules

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002(www.legislation.gov.uk)

Date of refusal: 15/07/13
Date sent to applicant: 18/07/13

=============================

I have planned to reapply for the Visa again with fast track as I want to visit us in Summer August 2013. But Can I reapply for the Visa in this week. Or do I need to wait for 6 months. I couldn't see any time gap for reapply in the UKBA site.

Can some experts please guide here? Also can you please guide me on what I need to careful about documents when resubmit.

Thanks
Perthuser
Can you please

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Yes, the new application can be submitted immediately however you need to address the issues mentioned in the refusal letter and provide documents in support to her ties with her home country.
If these are not submitted then the decision is likely to be the same.

perthuser
Newly Registered

Post by perthuser » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Thanks for the information. Also wanted to check if I can add additional inforamtion which was not mentioned earlier for e.g. Question 51 "DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS, PROPERTIES, OR OTHER INCOME e.g. STOCKS AND SHARES?" - to this question last time she answered NO. My parents have their house in both of their names but unfortunately my dad expired in March. So we were confused not to put this info since it was both in thier names. Can I add this information this time and answer as YES to the abobe mentioned question?
Scared If that contradicts her old application and cause any confusion.

Also, what documents would provide evidence of strong home ties. Don't want any more rejections. So would want the best document to get the maximum Visa stamping possibility.

Thanks again

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Sorry to hear about your dad. Unfortunately, his death will not strengthen this visa application and ECO may view this as weaker ties with home country.

In the new application provide as much evidence as you can - all property documents, financial assets, banks statements, any document that shows your mother is now the beneficiary of your fathers estate, if your father was retired and pensioner then I presume your mother is now entitled a part of that pension - if any such formal letter is available include that as well.

do you have any sibling or any other relative that will look after your mother? if so it will be good to include a letter from them confirming that.

is this her first visit to the UK or she travelled before? any past travel history is always positive reference.

perthuser
Newly Registered

Post by perthuser » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks a lot for the information. You have been really helpful. I will try to provide as many documents as possible this time.

I have sister back in India and she is currently taking care of my Mom. What sort of letter would she need to provide. A template would be really helpful.

Also, sorry for asking this question again, but can I provide YES to Question 41: Do you have any financial property, assests etc. on application form which I had asnwered as NO last time I applied.

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:08 pm

perthuser wrote: I have sister back in India and she is currently taking care of my Mom. What sort of letter would she need to provide. A template would be really helpful.
Don't have a template but something similar...

I am writing this in support of the visa application of my mother xxxx. My mother currently stays with me / I currently look after my mother in India. She is planning to visit my brother in UK for a period of xxxxx. My brother is sponsoring this visit.

My mother will be returing back to India on completion of her trip in xxx. I am writing this to confirm she would continue to be staying with me / i will continue to look after her / provide due care etc...

perthuser wrote: Also, sorry for asking this question again, but can I provide YES to Question 41: Do you have any financial property, assests etc. on application form which I had asnwered as NO last time I applied.
Include a nice covering letter - explain that the property / assets were in joint name and the applicant thought only properties with sole ownership needed to be mentioned. The exclusion was an oversight and such details have been clarified in the new application.
Last edited by ban.s on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perthuser
Newly Registered

Post by perthuser » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Forgot to answer your question. This is her first visit.

perthuser
Newly Registered

Post by perthuser » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks a lot Ban.s.... Finally Mom got her Visa by a week...What would like to mention with my experience is Concentrate on home ties documents along with sponsor document. DONOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO SAYS YOU DON'T NEED APPLICANTS DOCUMENTS AND CONCENTRATE ON SPONSORS..

Now just awaiting inLaws documents

Thanks

mcaashraf
Newly Registered

Post by mcaashraf » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:47 am

perthuser wrote:Thanks a lot Ban.s.... Finally Mom got her Visa by a week...What would like to mention with my experience is Concentrate on home ties documents along with sponsor document. DONOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO SAYS YOU DON'T NEED APPLICANTS DOCUMENTS AND CONCENTRATE ON SPONSORS..

Now just awaiting inLaws documents

Thanks
Hi,

I have the same issue. My moms visa got refused as she does not have any assets of her own and I have provided my brother's bank statements stating he is taking care of her and I am the sponsor. Can you please provide details of what you have submitted and if possible letter format.

Thanks in advance.

perthuser
Newly Registered

Post by perthuser » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:35 am

Hi mcaashraf

Not sure of the rejection content for your case as I can't see this anywhere on the post. But my mothers one was rejected because I didn't supply the bank statement and assests where in my father name. So I would suggest to post your rejection letter in main forum and some experts on this forum will give you correct Guidelines.

Thanks

sashanth
Newly Registered

UK General Visitor Visa - Please help

Post by sashanth » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 am

Hi all,
i have applied general visitor visa for my mother on 07th august 2014. She forgot to enclose the refusal letter with her application.
will they reject the visa for the above reason? but i mentioned in the application that her visa got rejected due to insufficient documents. please clarify me.
thank you.

vjain143
Newly Registered

Re: UK General Visitor Visa rejection - Please help - URGENT

Post by vjain143 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:17 pm

sashanth, Do you have sample cover letter against refusal letter.
Last edited by vjain143 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vjain143
Newly Registered

Post by vjain143 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi Sashanth, Have you got visa for your mother, please help i am also making application after refusal.

Please help

Bonsai
Newly Registered

Post by Bonsai » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:07 am

I have the same issue..

I have been refused a tourist visa recently, I re applied yesterday with a cover letter and addressing that they have mistakenly overlooked my application as refusal says visa for 6 days as I only applied for 5 days.

Lets see what will be the outcome as I am travelling with my fiance who has been issued with uk visa same time we applied together.

sayana
Newly Registered

Post by sayana » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:16 am

hi

my mother in laws uk general vist visa got rejected 3 tmes by the following reasons:

1) you state that you wish to visit your son in the uk for less than 6 months.i note that you have previously travelled to uk and i also note your previous refusals for entry clearence in 2012 and more recently in aug-2014

2) you state that your son will provide accomodation and i acknowledge that yoy submitted documents which demonstrate his ability to do this.however i must consider the info in regarding ur sponsors support of ur visit seperatley in my assessment of your application.I must assess ur own finacial circumstances.

3) i need to take into account all the evidence available to me to make an assessment of your application.part of that evidence is the information u provided in your previous application for visit visa on 8th aug-2014.that application was refused becoz the ECO was not satisfied that your intensions were as stated.full reasons for the decision were provided in the notice of refusal and i note that in this subsequent application you havnt addreesed all the points raised

4) you state that you are unemployed and have a total monthly income of £500 from other sources including family and friends.as a evidence of your financial circumstances you submitted two bank statements.i note that in x bank statemnt shows two deposits Rs.50,000each on 23 august and 1 september 2014 ,and a further deposit of Rs.105,000 on22 sep 2014.however these deposits are inconsistent with other transactions in the statement therefore i am not satisfied.and also i noted that on your earlier application you stated that your monthly income as 1000 double the amount stated in your current application.based on these you failed to demonstrate your stated income therefore i am not satisfied.