ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

boone

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by boone » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:02 am

globalindian wrote:It seems HO has a standard answer. I haven't heard from anybody who was told that the application was completed. Any thoughts on the call representatives ?
Last time I called I asked if they can see if the decision of the application and they replied ' yes and we can see when the brown envelope has been sent'.

globalindian
Member of Standing

Post by globalindian » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:06 pm

Oh that's great. Good to see they have a positive response. Keeping hopes alive.

vkwpilr
Newly Registered

Post by vkwpilr » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:57 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years residency ( WP + ILR )
Language criteria met: English at B1CEFR or Higher + Life in The UK Test
Method of application: NCS
Council name: Tunbridge Wells
Date of application: 28/10/2014
Payment method: Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees:
Date of acknowledgment letter received:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Passport Interview:
Passport Received:

muhammadshabbir
Newly Registered

Post by muhammadshabbir » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Eligibility criteria:5yr tier1+1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS oxford
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

ks026
Newly Registered

Post by ks026 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 pm

It is not possible to edit own post. I wish i could update my time line as my Naturalization application was approved on the 9th/10/2014 and ceremony is on 6th November 2014. Or a moderator could do it for me. User name Ks026

DEAR_KATE
Newly Registered

Post by DEAR_KATE » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:05 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR;
Method of application: Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA: 20/10/2014
Date of debit of fees: waiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: waiting
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

balu114
Newly Registered

Post by balu114 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:16 am

Got the letter!

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 6 yr + 2yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Warwick)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13-Aug-2014
Date of debit of fees: 19-Aug-2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 19-Aug-2014
Date of receipt of approval: 30-Oct-2014
Date of Ceremony: 18-Nov-2014

vkwpilr
Newly Registered

Post by vkwpilr » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:29 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years residency ( WP + ILR )
Language criteria met: English at B1CEFR or Higher + Life in The UK Test
Council name: Tunbridge Wells
Date of application: 28/10/2014
Royal Mail Delivery confirmation: 29/10/2014
Payment method: Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees:
Date of acknowledgment letter received:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Passport Interview:
Passport Received:

Khaleesi
Newly Registered

Post by Khaleesi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi Guys finally i got my approval letter today i was over the moon :lol: :lol: :D :D and called my council immediately to book a ceremony.
Here are my dates:

Criteria: 5years + 1 year ILR
Council Name: NCS Camden
Date of Submission: 02/08/2014
Date App Recv'd by UKBA: 05/08/2014
Date of fee clearance: 13/08/2014
Date or receipt of Acknowledgement letter: 14/08/2014
Date of Approval: 25/10/2014
Date of receipt of Approval Letter: 31/10/2014
Date of Ceremony: 05/11/2014

Good luck to all those who are still waiting, keep up hope! And thank you for this timeline, it made waiting bearable :) .

bezveze
Newly Registered

Post by bezveze » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:18 pm

Criteria: 5years + 1 year ILR
Council Name: NCS Hammersmith
Date of Submission: 10/09/2014
Date App Recv'd by UKBA: 12/09/2014
Date of fee clearance: 18/09/2014
Date or receipt of Acknowledgement letter:
Date of Approval: 29/10/2014
Date of receipt of Approval Letter: 31/10/2014
Date of Ceremony:

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:54 pm

Good to see that people are getting Approval letters now.
I have received a brown envelope as well today. Finally my acknowledgement letter has arrived today. It is dated the 25th.
Now I guess i just need wait and hope for the best. My application is quite straightforward as well like others have mentioned on this forum so it will be interesting to see how long it will take HO to make a decision.
Congratulations to everyone who received their approval letters and good luck to everyone who is waiting for one.

My timeline:
Eligibility criteria: Married to BC + ILR
(Living in UK for 8 years)
Language criteria met: B1-Trinity college +LIUK
Council name if NCS used: Hastings
Date of application: 10/10/2014
Payment method : Credit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 25/10/2014
Acknowledgement letter received: 31/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 25/10/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:09 pm

waitwaitwait wrote:Good to see that people are getting Approval letters now.
I have received a brown envelope as well today. Finally my acknowledgement letter has arrived today. It is dated the 25th.
Now I guess i just need wait and hope for the best. My application is quite straightforward as well like others have mentioned on this forum so it will be interesting to see how long it will take HO to make a decision.
Congratulations to everyone who received their approval letters and good luck to everyone who is waiting for one.

My timeline:
Eligibility criteria: Married to BC + ILR
(Living in UK for 8 years)
Language criteria met: B1-Trinity college +LIUK
Council name if NCS used: Hastings
Date of application: 10/10/2014
Payment method : Credit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 25/10/2014
Acknowledgement letter received: 31/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 25/10/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting
Mine is exactly like urs. But still waiting for a decision for nearly 4 months now.

Mamadou
Newly Registered

Post by Mamadou » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:39 am

Hi.
I applied through the NCS on the 5th December 2013 (ILR + spouse of British citizen, I spent 3 years in the UK). The NCS guy told me that my TOEiC was accepted by the HO after he checked with them so I submitted it. Acknowledgement received in January then in march I received a letter saying that I needed to submit another English test, I did the trinity college B1 and send them the certificate in June the 5th. Since then I am still waiting, every time the NCS guy calls them they tell him it is in progress for background checks....I am so depressed because it has been nearly 11 months now and no letter from them. I sent them a letter this week to ask if there is anything I can do to expedite the decision process. I am planning to send the same letter every month until I get a response....is anyone in a similar situation? Is there anything else I can do to make them work on my case? I feel I am so unlucky...

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:04 am

Mamadou wrote:Hi.
I applied through the NCS on the 5th December 2013 (ILR + spouse of British citizen, I spent 3 years in the UK). The NCS guy told me that my TOEiC was accepted by the HO after he checked with them so I submitted it. Acknowledgement received in January then in march I received a letter saying that I needed to submit another English test, I did the trinity college B1 and send them the certificate in June the 5th. Since then I am still waiting, every time the NCS guy calls them they tell him it is in progress for background checks....I am so depressed because it has been nearly 11 months now and no letter from them. I sent them a letter this week to ask if there is anything I can do to expedite the decision process. I am planning to send the same letter every month until I get a response....is anyone in a similar situation? Is there anything else I can do to make them work on my case? I feel I am so unlucky...
U can make ur local MP to write a letter to them on ur behalf. Hopefully that might work.

Mamadou
Newly Registered

Post by Mamadou » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:35 am

Rahel1984 wrote:
U can make ur local MP to write a letter to them on ur behalf. Hopefully that might work.
Thank you for the advice. How do I do that? Do I just email the MP with all the details and ask him/her to send the letter for me?

bga1980
Newly Registered

Post by bga1980 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Thanks to all of you sharing your application timelines here (which kept me sane!). My application timeline is:

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1, then one year on ILR
Language criteria met: Points-based calculator recognises my degree
Date of application: 11/06/2014
Payment method : Debit Card
Acknowledgement letter received: 20/06/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26/06/2014
Date approval received: 01/11/2014
Invited to a ceremony (in Kent) for 20 Nov but I'll try get a private appointment sooner.

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:59 am

Congrats mate, i applied on the 13th June, hopefully my brown envelope is on its way..Inshallah..God bless you all who are waiting ..just exercise patience if its not yet 6 months...cheers.. 8) :)

boone

Post by boone » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 am

Mamadou wrote:
Rahel1984 wrote:
Thank you for the advice. How do I do that? Do I just email the MP with all the details and ask him/her to send the letter for me?
Email you MP with as much details as possible, they normally respond very promptly.
There is a new option through the call centre that allows you to press option two ( if your application has been longer than 6 months). Good luck!

nemo999

Post by nemo999 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:02 am

Update: acknowledgement letter received 1st Nov , dated 26th Oct
nemo999 wrote:
nemo999 wrote:My Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr Tier 1 + 1yr ILR
Applied on : 11-OCT-2014
Method of application: NCS (Highbury and islington)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14-OCT-2014
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: TBC
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

Since I am unable to edit my post, here is my fresh update :)

£906 deducted on 27th October. I had applied on 11th Oct via NCS (see above)

keeptrying
Newly Registered

Post by keeptrying » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Cambridge)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 9-08-2014
Date of receipt of approval: 31-10-2014
Date of Ceremony: 20-11-2014

a7medibrahim
Newly Registered

Post by a7medibrahim » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Rahel1984 wrote:
Mamadou wrote:
Hi.

i have excalty same situation , I send the new English test 2month ago , no respond !!. My advice is to contact your local MP , definitly they will help as i've seen a lot of posts which got sorted by Mp , good luck

cbuk
Newly Registered

Post by cbuk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Eligibility criteria: 3yrs (Spouse of BC) + 2 year ILR
Language criteria met: LIUK + B1
Method of application: NCS Kingston
Date of application: 22/08/2014
Payment method: CreditCard
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/08/2014
Clearance of fees: 29/08/2014
Date of acknowledgment: received 29/08/2014
Date of approval letter: received 03/11/2014, dated 26/10/2014
Date of ceremony: 20/11/2014 Yay :D
Last edited by cbuk on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

a7medibrahim
Newly Registered

Post by a7medibrahim » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:09 pm

[quote="Mamadou"]Hi.

My advice to contact your MP asap, definitely you will have response in short time as i've seen alot of cases got sorted after contacting local mp, i have exactly same situation, send new english test 2 month ago with No Response!!! I'm just waiting till i complete 6month so i can contact my MP.good luck, let us know any updates.

a7medibrahim
Newly Registered

Post by a7medibrahim » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:15 pm

[quote="Mamadou"]Hi.

My advice to contact your MP asap, definitely you will have response in short time as i've seen alot of cases got sorted after contacting local mp, i have exactly same situation, send new english test 2 month ago with No Response!!! I'm just waiting till i complete 6month so i can contact my MP.good luck, let us know any updates.

a7medibrahim
Newly Registered

Post by a7medibrahim » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:17 pm

I applied through the NCS on the 5th December 2013 (ILR + spouse of British citizen, I spent 3 years in the UK). The NCS guy told me that my TOEiC was accepted by the HO after he checked with them so I submitted it. Acknowledgement received in January then in march I received a letter saying that I needed to submit another English test, I did the trinity college B1 and send them the certificate in June the 5th. Since then I am still waiting, every time the NCS guy calls them they tell him it is in progress for background checks....I am so depressed because it has been nearly 11 months now and no letter from them. I sent them a letter this week to ask if there is anything I can do to the decision process. I am planning to send the same letter every month until I get a response....is anyone in a similar situation? Is there anything else I can do to make them work on my case? I feel I am so unlucky...
My advice to contact your MP asap, definitely you will have response in short time as i've seen alot of cases got sorted after contacting local mp, i have exactly same situation, send new english test 2 month ago with No Response!!! I'm just waiting till i complete 6month so i can contact my MP.good luck, let us know any updates