ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Issued! - What's next?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmeenNassir
Newly Registered

Visa Issued! - What's next?

Post by AmeenNassir » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Thankfully my wife's visa has been approved and we recieved her passport back yesterday from the Visa Office in Abu Dhabi.

It is a 90 day short stay C visa as the spouse of an EU Citizen.

Now I have a few questions regarding the next step of the process as I am following the Surinder Singh route to go back to the UK.

1) Should I apply for the EU1 - Stamp4 card immediately upon arrival in Ireland or do I need to gain employment first?
2) Would a 3 months stay in Ireland provided I am employed and have proof to show this be enough to get the EEA Family Permit?

Your help would be appreciated.

robsters
Member of Standing

Re: Visa Issued! - What's next?

Post by robsters » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:38 am

Hello there

answers
1. don't quote me on it but i believe you need to be employed or regisiter as self employed before you can apply for residence card of your spouse

2. you can apply after 3 months but they have a new centre of life test proving did indeed move your live over there for the right reasons, me and my wife plan to go to ireland but i plan work and live there for 6 months or least a year before i apply because i don't want my wife to get rejected , the longer you live and work there the more genuine your application will look but in answer to your question...yes you could apply after 3 months if you have been employed but my advice is apply after 6 months :)

can i ask you how quickly did you get the C entry visa? we are applying for ours next week hopefully

hope i helped

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:17 pm

1 not necesarily so Robster, could be in education or selfsufficient. Go to Guarda with proof of accomodation and register wife as being present in country she should get a temporary stamp 4

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... eland.html
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi Ameen'
I replied your earlier, my husband and I are still waiting to hear bk about our appeal. Did they email or call you when or wife's appeal was successful

Thanks

AmeenNassir
Newly Registered

Post by AmeenNassir » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi,

The visa office in Abu Dhabi emailed me the day after they received the documents to tell me the visa had been issued.