ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recruitment Consultant/Account Manager appropriate soc code?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mohamedhaj
Newly Registered

Recruitment Consultant/Account Manager appropriate soc code?

Post by mohamedhaj » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen and recently completed my MA here in London. I received a job offer from an employer who specializes in IT Recruitment. My job title is as a Recruitment Consultant. The Home Office has soc code 3562 for the Rec Consultant, however even though the job title matches, the job tasks under soc 3562 do not match. I am basically being hired as an Account Manager (sales). I will be working on several client accounts and will be given a portfolio of clients to manager. My job is to sell to those clients, I am selling a recruitment service of IT Professionals. The salary I am offered is 27,500 GBP.

My employer has withdrawn the offer today because they were told by the Sponsorship Helpline that a Rec Consultant is NQF Level 3, where in fact the actual role that I will be performing resembles that of an Account Manager under soc code 3545. They withdrew the offer because the believe that soc code 3545 mentions 'recruiting junior staff' and 'iaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold, contributes to the development of sales strategies and setting of sales targets'. They feel those two points do not match my responsibilities. Now I was told by the Helpline that the job tasks do not have to match perfectly, just that the employer has to find the best match. The Rec Consultant under soc 3562 is more of a HR Officer or a Labor Relations officer and the salary range is 14k-20k. Please advise

Cheers