ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship of my Wife for Settlement Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

micatlow
Newly Registered

Sponsorship of my Wife for Settlement Visa

Post by micatlow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:52 am

Hello, my wife and I are almost ready to apply for her UK settlement visa. Below are the facts, and the problem I have. |ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. I am a British citizen, my wife is Peruvian. We have completed the online application form and have all relevant evidenciary documents and appendix 2 completed.

2. She had completed the TOEFT ibt but now we know it is no longer accepted as the english language requirement. She will be taking the Cambridge KET on 23rd November 2014.

3. I am going into hospital for a kidney transplant on 12th November 2014, and will be out of action for a couple of months. This is why I have all my documents ready to send to my wife before I go into hospital next week.

4. All my evidence (bank statements, letters, utilities bills etc) are dated from this week, i.e 5th November 2014.

5. Because of my hospital admission next week, and the fact my wife has to do another english test, it would seem that the final visa application will be around the middle of December at the ealiest.

My question is will there be a possibility the entry clearance officer will consider my evidence out of date and deny the visa?
Perhaps I should just re-do everything when I am convalescing at home?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Sponsorship of my Wife for Settlement Visa

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:58 am

Are you in employment?

Do you meet the financial requirements or exempted from it?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

micatlow
Newly Registered

Post by micatlow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:36 am

Good Morning,

Yes I am in full time employment, and have have been in this current position for 2 years. I earn £21,000 per annum, and have pay slips and a letter from my employer to confirm. So I meet the financial requirement. However when I go to hospital on the 12th and take sick leave for around 3 months - I will be on Statutory SIck Pay which is only about £89.00 per week.

This is why I have done all my paperwork now, but I am worried that everything might appear out of date when we send the application in mid-December. I'm not sure if I should show upcomming payslips where I only get £89.00 per week instead of my usual £400.00 per week.

Thanks!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Statutory sick pay is fine once you can prove that prior to being off sick you were earning the necessary amount - which you were.

6. In respect of statutory or contractual sick pay in the UK all of the following must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at
paragraph 6(b), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the
person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(b) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application or to the commencement of
the sick leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at
least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) does not apply); or,
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date
of application or to the commencement of the sick leave, if the applicant has been
employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months
but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a)).
(c) A letter from employer confirming:
(i) the length of the person's employment;
(ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
(iii) that the person is in receipt of statutory or contractual sick pay; and
(iv) the date of commencement of the sick leave.

So you need to provide 6 months worth of payslips/bank statements PRIOR to sick leave and the employment letter needs to confirm your sick leave in their letter. Given that you don't plan to apply until mid December, I would suggest you ensure your employment letter is dated as recently as possible when you do apply.

micatlow
Newly Registered

Post by micatlow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Thank you soHopeful,

I will do just that. I will also put in the "Additional information" section of the financial requirement form my situation and I am sure they will understand that is why my documents are dated a few weeks the date of application.

This information was very helpful.
SoHopeful wrote:Statutory sick pay is fine once you can prove that prior to being off sick you were earning the necessary amount - which you were.

6. In respect of statutory or contractual sick pay in the UK all of the following must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at
paragraph 6(b), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the
person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(b) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application or to the commencement of
the sick leave, if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at
least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) does not apply); or,
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date
of application or to the commencement of the sick leave, if the applicant has been
employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months
but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a)).
(c) A letter from employer confirming:
(i) the length of the person's employment;
(ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
(iii) that the person is in receipt of statutory or contractual sick pay; and
(iv) the date of commencement of the sick leave.

So you need to provide 6 months worth of payslips/bank statements PRIOR to sick leave and the employment letter needs to confirm your sick leave in their letter. Given that you don't plan to apply until mid December, I would suggest you ensure your employment letter is dated as recently as possible when you do apply.