ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Caution ABH

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rc0906
Newly Registered

Police Caution ABH

Post by rc0906 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Hello,

I would need some help from people on this site most probably senior people such as Amber will be amazing.

I was granted ILR in May 2012 and with in a month my ex started accusing me of things and i was out of the house in a month's time. Note she came to UK as a dependent. To cut long story short, She phoned the police and got me arrested over a very heated argument and was questioned in the police station and was given a Simple Police caution. Yes i know it is admission of guilt but i was told that agree this or I may end up going to the court where i might have to face prosecution. As a man with no knowledge of the system at the point i agreed thinking it would get me out of here in few hours and i would fight it later. But when i approached a solicitor later next day i was told that it could cost me 7K as children were involved as well. Had no money so gave up.

I have never before that or after that had a single parking ticket, clean license, moved on with my life and met a new partner and moved the counties to keep away from my previous abusive partner.My question to the members :

- Can I apply for my naturalization based on the following and based on exceptional grant under section 10(b) of Chapter 18, Annex D. As it has been 2 years and I have no other minor offences. I was a victim hence fled the abusive relationship even though still struggling to see my children.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 64226.html

- I am getting married to my new partner soon who is British and my children with her are British. Will the rules for Good character are eased if applied under married to a British partner category?

- is it better to wait until June 2015 and than apply?

Please help.

Kind Regards
RC

Amber
Mood:

Re: Police Caution ABH

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:50 pm

An exceptional grant is unlikely, unless strong prevailing reasons are given, no difference whether the application is made under 6(1) or 6(2).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rc0906
Newly Registered

Post by rc0906 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks very much for your response Amber.

Two years have passed and no other offences and I have moved away from her and started a new life. If I was to explain my situation in a cover letter will it still be an issue?

Is it better to wait 3 years and apply? is that for sure that I will get it after 3 years and will it still need to send a cover letter if i was to wait additional 10 months?

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
RC

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:48 pm

I would wait 3 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mmmmmaaaa
Newly Registered

Post by mmmmmaaaa » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi there,

I have a question regarding ABH cautions and applying for citizenship.

I am 22 EEA national who has lived in the UK for over 10 years. I moved to the UK at a tender age of 11 due to my parents migrating. I was once arrested at 17 for ABH which resulted in reprimand. Year later at 18 I was arrested again for the same reason which resulted in an ABH caution. I have worked part time for few years paid taxes etc. also attended school, college and university. The last offence happened over 3 years ago. I was wondering what is the chance of my application being refused due to these events?

If someone could possibly shed some light on whether it is worth bothering with an application for citizenship I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

P.S Sorry I'm new and not sure if this is the right place to post such question