ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary int'l consulting contract, if arrival delayed?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neuron

Temporary int'l consulting contract, if arrival delayed?

Post by neuron » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:18 am

I'm supposed to arrive in the State on December 1st, on a Green Card, to begin employment with a company that I'm already working for through an outstourcing company. Unfortunately, I may have to postpone my arrival to January.

Would it be legal for my Irish employer to take me on for a month (in December) as an international contractor/consultant, even though we have en employment contract?

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Temporary int'l consulting contract, if arrival delayed?

Post by banana07 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:07 pm

yeah no problem, so long as during dec you are working for them from outside ireland. if your employer is big enough, they know this rule and wont cause any damage.. if micky mouse one (lots of them in ireland - you will be shocked when you come here and join!) then be very careful.. such stuff cause severe damage and you are responsible to know the laws
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia