ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application processing time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maswela
Newly Registered

British Passport Application processing time

Post by Maswela » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Application First British Adult Passport Application
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 11/04/2012
Date application received by IPS: 12/04/2012
Date of return of documents: 24/04/2012
Date of receipt of interview letter: Received on 24/04/2012,letter dated 21/04/12
Date of Passport Appointment: 25/04/2012
Date of British Passport Receipt: 27/04/2012

This concludes my immigration history, for the past 11 years . Good luck everyone :D

Cherie1981
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport Application processing time

Post by Cherie1981 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Did you pay for special delivery ? To receive your passport that quick after your interview as I have mine tomorrow and am hoping it's here by Monday ?

tronca33

Post by tronca33 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi.
I have a question.
I send my passport application by Check & Send on 1.03.14.Today is 19th and Im do not receive any sms,or documents back.
It is normal??
Thank you

cadeaux
Newly Registered

Post by cadeaux » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi,

I've applied for my first (adult) British passport on 23d of March, received sms on 26th of March. Called today HMPO and was said that it's under examination in Liverpool.
Do you if I can travel with existing passport if they return it before interview?
Also does anyone know direct phone for Liverpool office?
And if I need to travel in 10 days is there any way to speed up the process? Or the only way is to withdraw the application?

Many thanks

jessnst
Newly Registered

Post by jessnst » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Have you received any news? I am in the same predicament as you except that I applied from overseas early March (received 12 March in Liverpool). I have also been trying to find out if there is any way to speed up the process or at least to be able to get my passport back, or to withdraw the application. Have you had any luck?
cadeaux wrote:Hi,

I've applied for my first (adult) British passport on 23d of March, received sms on 26th of March. Called today HMPO and was said that it's under examination in Liverpool.
Do you if I can travel with existing passport if they return it before interview?
Also does anyone know direct phone for Liverpool office?
And if I need to travel in 10 days is there any way to speed up the process? Or the only way is to withdraw the application?

Many thanks

emmakaterussell84
Newly Registered

Post by emmakaterussell84 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 am

I think I'm in the same predicament as a few other Overseas applicants. I'm still waiting for an update from HMPO in Liverpool. Their online tracking system is abysmal - it refers to the same status for being examined by an Officer, and being printed. Calling the office achieves nothing either - zero care or empathy from that team. Luckily, I'm in Australia and our Foreign Trade and Passport offices have been wonderful and helpful. For all Australians who stumble across my post, this is my current status:

Application Type: New (Overseas application - via descent, British Father)
Method of application: Online application and payment, sent via courier.
Date of application: February (had to wait for additional documents from UK BDM offices)
Date application received by IPS: 18/03/2014
Date of return of documents: Still waiting...
Date of receipt of interview letter: N/A, as overseas applicant
Date of Passport Appointment: N/A, as overseas applicant
Date of British Passport Receipt: Still waiting...

mgoblue
Newly Registered

Post by mgoblue » Tue May 20, 2014 7:57 pm

emmakaterussell84 wrote:I think I'm in the same predicament as a few other Overseas applicants. I'm still waiting for an update from HMPO in Liverpool. Their online tracking system is abysmal - it refers to the same status for being examined by an Officer, and being printed. Calling the office achieves nothing either - zero care or empathy from that team. Luckily, I'm in Australia and our Foreign Trade and Passport offices have been wonderful and helpful. For all Australians who stumble across my post, this is my current status:

Date of application: February (had to wait for additional documents from UK BDM offices)
Hey, I also applied for a British Passport by decent (overseas application) recently, and am interested to know if you've heard anything back from HMPO yet?

Also how exactly have the Foreign Trade and Passport Offices been helpful? What would you suggest we contact them to help out with?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

sternmic
Newly Registered

Post by sternmic » Fri May 30, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi

It has been 8 weeks since the Liverpool Processing centre received my first time passport application from overseas. Does anyone know what sort of turn around time they are going at at the moment? Really stressted about this as I fly out in 3 weeks.

sternmic
Newly Registered

Post by sternmic » Fri May 30, 2014 11:40 pm

emmakaterussell84 wrote:I think I'm in the same predicament as a few other Overseas applicants. I'm still waiting for an update from HMPO in Liverpool. Their online tracking system is abysmal - it refers to the same status for being examined by an Officer, and being printed. Calling the office achieves nothing either - zero care or empathy from that team. Luckily, I'm in Australia and our Foreign Trade and Passport offices have been wonderful and helpful. For all Australians who stumble across my post, this is my current status:

Have you heard back yet? It has been 8 weeks for me so far :(

malila1000
Newly Registered

Post by malila1000 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:32 am

I have applied for my passport 6 Months ago first british passport and like a nightmare to an extend where it make me laugh now as there is nothing I can do after trying all the necessary process, after almost 15 years in this Country this is my first time to hear or experience something like this. 2 Interview still no passport or date to be issue. every time I call them they doing standard check and can't even provide me with the timescale,... they even told me to applied for my foreign passport if I really have to travel. LOL. :D . did any one ever experience or heard about something like this before?

bumblebee123

Post by bumblebee123 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:42 am

Hi,

We've applied for British Passport for our newly born son in India at VFS on 10th Of September 2014 and our Application was received by Liverpool office on 12th of September 2014 and fees was deducted towards the application on 15th of September 2014.

Is anyone else also around the same timeline or situation? If so what are your experiences? I've phoned UK Passport Helpline this morning and they refused to talk anything further saying that they would only entertain after the minimum "16 weeks" period had passed from date of application.

Please kindly share your experieces.