ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Spouse C Visa today..HELP

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

Applying for Spouse C Visa today..HELP

Post by robsters » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:51 am

so we got our marriage documents and are applying for the C short stay visa today....two major concerns

my wife was refused uk visitor visa before we got married....we had to tick the box confirming she been denied visa for uk....will her application suffer with this? she will be traveling with me

also will she be required to go give biometric data for this visa? for us it would mean flying to her capital which would mean significant extra costs

anyone know what happens after you click submit can you post the documents?

thank you

tastylentils

Re: Applying for Spouse C Visa today..HELP

Post by tastylentils » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:17 am

Hi there,

when my wife applied in China no biometric data were required, but you should check the embassy website for area specific instructions. Once you've completed the online form just print out the summary sheet. Send it with all your docs. Don't forget to include an journey plan if you're travelling together and also the small passport photos that they ask for. Good luck!

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:49 am

yeah we contacted the embassy a few months ago and they said we could post it as long as we posted it securely, no mention of biometrics, so hope its true

how about the previously refused uk visitor visa? we at the time didn't relise how much the rules changed and didn't provide enough paper work but right now i hope it doesnt go against us getting the irish visa? is it best to declare it? as sadly it is stamped in her passport page UK with a bunch of numbers next to it

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:52 am

Hi,
My husbands visa was refused on the same ground even tho its a clear breach of the directives. We have appealed and still waiting for a decision, its been four weeks now.

Fingers crossed you won't have the same problem but its a good thing to be honest and mention the refusal.

The embassy staffs are not well trained and a lot of them don't have a clue what they are doing.

But include as much documents to support your application, no need for biometric all you need is printed completed application form.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:09 pm

your husband was refused irish visa because of refused uk visa?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:44 pm

hi,
yes the visa officer mentioned that in his refusal letter and we appealed but the refusal was upheld, its a clear breach of the directive. i have reported to solvit and they have taken the matter up.

so hopefully, they will be able to deal with the situation and the embassy will reverse their decision.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:54 am

thats really not good news, i hope this doesn't happen to us, we got refused due to a lack of documentation proving our relationship, we were going to reapply or appeal but i heard so many horror stories i figured we get married and go live with my family in ireland but now i am worried the uk visa will f this up for us

can i ask why was your visitor visa refused? and what country are you applying from?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:29 am

Hi,
He applied from the nigeria, the UK visa was basically refused cos the visa officer said he didn't have enough ties in Nigeria. I relocated to Nigeria and was living with him for 2years, we only wanted to visit my mum for Xmas but they said no.

Goodluck with your application, am in Dublin now. Hopefully solvit will make them reverse the decision.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:08 am

Hello

thank you for your reply, out of interest when you applied for the entry visa did you write a letter stating you were applyin under the EU 2004 directive? because if not that would have considered you application under irish national rule and that might be why it got refused....??