ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

traveling wihout brp card is possible

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hatooli3
Newly Registered

traveling wihout brp card is possible

Post by hatooli3 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:43 pm

I have gone through this.

Many people need to travel while waiting for their brp card. Given that the rules are vague regarding traveling and entering the uk without the card, people very often cancel their travel plans as they feel they will lose their visas if they leave the uk before receiving their brp card.

The truth is, that you can reenter the uk without btp. The immigration officer will let you in after checking your application in the back office. No issues. The only problem is boarding the airplane if you do need a visa to visit the uk.

If you need a visa to visit the uk, you should check if you can get single entry visa, which i think was created to let the airline company let you travel.

Hope this helps confused people.

beatlegirl85
Newly Registered

Re: traveling wihout brp card is possible

Post by beatlegirl85 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Thanks for this information.

I booked a trip home to see my family for Christmas last August and I my BRP was stolen a week after I booked the trip :(

I have gone through the application process, enrolled my Biometrics again and I am currently waiting to find out if it's approved. The only problem is I'm scheduled to leave in a few days time and there is no sign of my BRP.

I've read that previously people have been able to get through and into the UK despite not having their BRP, but recently they have tightened the rules and I am just wondering how recently you traveled and went through this experience.

I have thought about applying for a single entry visa as soon as I enter the country, but I think that Visa is only for people without an application in process.

Any help would be appreciated!