ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinnie0020
India

ILR query

Post by vinnie0020 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:58 am

Hello respected moderators and lovely people out there,

I am back with couple of queries as my ILR (10 years long stay) is due in January. My requests are as follows:-

1. I have held student visa for about 7 years and then psw for 2 years now I am on EEA2 RP. Am I still eligible to add all this time towards 10 years ILR route.

2. If yes, what form I need to fill in ? is it SET(LR) form?

3. As I am non eea national and my wife is an eea national, do I need to provide any documents from her along with my application as my current status is eea family member.

4. May I please request you the list of document which i need to provide along with application form. I have checked on HO website for documents but they are not detailed enough.

5. I took IELTS test in march, 2010 is it still valid to meet english language requirement criterion?

I have been very fortunate before to have very valuable advices here in the forum and shared my experience as well. Thank you.

vinny

Re: ILR query

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:02 am

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes. You should also show that you are legally residing under the EEA regulations. Probably similar evidence as in EEA4, for the period since you became a family member up to the application date.
4. Provide evidence that you were lawfully and continuously in the UK for a ten year period. Passports, leave to enter/remain, plus evidence in 3. etc., Life in the UK and B1 English.
5. See also KOLL.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:03 am

vinny wrote:1. Yes.

3. Yes. You should also show that you are legally residing under the EEA regulations. Probably similar evidence as in EEA4, for the period since you became a family member up to the application date.

5. See also KOLL.
Could you please shed some more light here. What documents (of my wife) I need to provide along with mine? Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:12 am

3. documents.
2. Eligibility wrote:pass the Life in the UK Test
prove you have sufficient English language skills
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Thank you Vinny for your time and information. I have got master degree from UK is it acceptable as english language requirement. thank you.

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi there,

Is premium service available with above mentioned scenario? I mean is it possible to go to window for same day service? thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:33 am

Subject to Guidance.

Edit:
34(9) wrote: (b) Application types permitted in person at a Home Office premium service centre are listed on the visa and immigration pages of the GOV.UK website.
EXPLANATORY MEMORANDUM wrote:7.12. The changes to the validation rules support improved clarity, consistency with other Immigration Rules and customer service. The following changes are being made:
Remove the list of permitted in-person application types for premium service centres from the Rules and references the GOV.UK website where this list will be available. This will allow the Home Office to make changes to the services it offers at premium service centres more quickly.

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi Vinny and other respectable moderator,

May i please ask you for information about my situation here. As i have mentioned you earlier, my current status is family member of EEA national and i am on EEA RC valid till 2018. Now how can i go through this point based calculator to assess the point for my master degree which i received in uk? I applied in NARIC for that but they refused to assess it as the qualification is obtained in UK. please guide me through I am lost. point based calculator does not have any option to begin with in my status. please help me out. thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:22 am

vinnie0020 wrote:Now how can i go through this point based calculator to assess the point for my master degree which i received in uk?
Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling wrote:Degrees taught or researched in English
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK
2.2(a) wrote:iii) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification(not a professional or vocational qualification), which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK,
If your degree was taught and received in the UK, then it's already the equivalent of a master's degree in the UK, by definition. If it was a degree from one of the licensed sponsors, then an original and official certificate from your university should be sufficient to satisfy the B1 English Language requirement.