ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife is Slovak living in Austria !!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

themoroccan
Newly Registered

My wife is Slovak living in Austria !!!

Post by themoroccan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:33 am

hello people !

im Moroccan ! just got married to a slovakian citizen but shes living in austria since 14 years ago!

how can i apply for settlement visa ! is it under slovakian or austrian law or EU ???

Thank you !!! :D

Casa

Re: My wife is Slovak living in Austria !!!

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:25 am

EU, but is your wife intending to move to the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

themoroccan
Newly Registered

Post by themoroccan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:09 am

no ! we looking forward to live in Austria ! how is this EU laws ? is it different than austrian laws ? i heard i about that !!

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 am

EU law.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:26 pm

themoroccan wrote:no ! we looking forward to live in Austria ! how is this EU laws ? is it different than austrian laws ? i heard i about that !!
Slovakia & Austria both are the parts of EU. If your Slovakian partner has been living and has exercised at least 5 years of its treaty rights by working/self employment/studying/self sufficiency then most likely she may already be eligible for Austrian citizenship. But you as non-eu national will have to spend 5-6 years together with her to secure citizenship. That is EU rule applies here in UK and same should most likely be applicable there as well but you must get it double confirm with Austrian immigration authorities too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

mgb

Post by mgb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:52 pm

What would be the sense for a slovakian to apply for the austrian citizenship?
Its harder for an austrian to get his spouse from a non eu country to Austria.
The TE simply apply for a visa for a family member of a eu citizen at the austrian embassy.
After he is in Austria he has to apply for a residence permit for a eu family member in the first 4 months. At that stage he has to prove health insurance and that his wife is excercising treaty rights. Beside address/residence registration at the town hall in the first 3 days after he move in that is it.

themoroccan
Newly Registered

Post by themoroccan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:15 pm

thank you for all your reply ! i understand this awesome !
im on the step that i will apply for visa to join my wife in Austria !
i heard that there is difference between if my wife was austrian and live in austria ( i will join her in austria under austrian laws)
and if my wife was slovak or EU living in different country than her citizenship ! (i will join her in austria under EU laws) because shes not austrian citizen !!!
can anyone explain me this ? or is it the same ?

also who long should i wait after applly to get my family visa to join her in austria ?

thanks ;)

mgb

Post by mgb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:02 pm

As long as your wife has only the slovakian citizenship you simply cannot join her under austrian law for austrian citizen.
It makes no sense for her to apply for the austrian citizenship first because it takes a lot of time and the austrian way of joining is much more harder than the eu route.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:48 pm

mgb wrote:As long as your wife has only the slovakian citizenship you simply cannot join her under austrian law for austrian citizen.
It makes no sense for her to apply for the austrian citizenship first because it takes a lot of time and the austrian way of joining is much more harder than the eu route.
Check your inbox

themoroccan
Newly Registered

Post by themoroccan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:33 pm

the hurricane wrote:
mgb wrote:As long as your wife has only the slovakian citizenship you simply cannot join her under austrian law for austrian citizen.
Check your inbox

thank you Mr the huricane ! but i cant receive any message ! i dont know why im not autorized maybe im new ! but if you can contact me plz ! my email: hatovsky@gmail.com
thank you