ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit via norway

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

singh09
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit via norway

Post by singh09 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi
My wife is Norway (EEA) Citizen and I am India citizen. We get married in Feb 2013 last year and in May I came to Norway after apply for Family Immigration. Norway takes nearly one year to process that application that is why they give some visa called ‘Single entry D-Visa’. In which I can join my wife in Norway and wait till my application get processed however I cannot work or access any public funded services till my application finalised.
So I am in Norway from las[/i][/i]t 15 month with my wife and waiting for final reply from Norway embassy but they just give excuses that one month more and two month more. So we decided to move to UK on ‘EEA Family Permit’.
My sister is self-employed in UK so she can offer work to my wife in UK that is not a problem to get job offer. Can you please help me for following question.
1. Can we apply for ‘EEA Family Permit’ as I got Indian passport.
2. I got Norway visa for single entry that is expired last year but I am legal in Norway because my case is in embassy. Is that fine ?
3. In other had I need to go back to India then I can apply for ‘EEA Family permit’.
Kindly help me for that please. I shall be very thanks full to you.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Family Permit via norway

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:34 pm

It will not matter as from where you are applying for EEA family permit because the procedure should be the same and you just check your convenience. You can read about it in details here.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:33 pm

singh09 wrote:Hi
My wife is Norway (EEA) Citizen and I am India citizen. We get married in Feb 2013 last year and in May I came to Norway after apply for Family Immigration. Norway takes nearly one year to process that application that is why they give some visa called ‘Single entry D-Visa’. In which I can join my wife in Norway and wait till my application get processed however I cannot work or access any public funded services till my application finalised.
So I am in Norway from las[/i][/i]t 15 month with my wife and waiting for final reply from Norway embassy but they just give excuses that one month more and two month more. So we decided to move to UK on ‘EEA Family Permit’.
My sister is self-employed in UK so she can offer work to my wife in UK that is not a problem to get job offer. Can you please help me for following question.
1. Can we apply for ‘EEA Family Permit’ as I got Indian passport. YES OF COURSE. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT NATIONALITY YOU ARE. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOUR EEA WIFE WANTS TO MOVE TO THE UK.
2. I got Norway visa for single entry that is expired last year but I am legal in Norway because my case is in embassy. Is that fine ? I'M NOT SURE, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT THIS WILL BE AN ISSUE. YOU MIGHT WANT TO WRITE THE REASONS INTO THE COVER LETTER THAT YOU ADD WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
3. In other had I need to go back to India then I can apply for ‘EEA Family permit’.YOU DON'T NEED TO GO TO INDIA TO APPLY. YOU CAN DO IT ANYWHERE
Kindly help me for that please. I shall be very thanks full to you.

singh09
Newly Registered

Post by singh09 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks so much for quick reply. I really appreciate that for your help :D :D :D

Kindly if you can please can you guide me little bit more:

Question : My sister is in Uk and self employed , running Grocery shop there, if she will offer job to my wife then will embassy consider this as edge. Bez there is one requirement of EEA Family Permit as well to be job seeker, self employed or.....

Question : Do i need to show living arrangement in uk as well ? if yes can i give reference of my sister for living.

Question : If in case i will go back to India then does my wife need to be with me in India as well for apply 'EEA Family permit' or we can say we will meet in UK when i will get permit. and i can can apply alone as well even my wife will be in norway.

Thanks In advance....

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:43 pm

singh09 wrote:Thanks so much for quick reply. I really appreciate that for your help :D :D :D

Question : My sister is in Uk and self employed , running Grocery shop there, if she will offer job to my wife then will embassy consider this as edge. Bez there is one requirement of EEA Family Permit as well to be job seeker, self employed or.....

Question : Do i need to show living arrangement in uk as well ? if yes can i give reference of my sister for living.

Question : If in case i will go back to India then does my wife need to be with me in India as well for apply 'EEA Family permit' or we can say we will meet in UK when i will get permit. and i can can apply alone as well even my wife will be in norway.

Thanks In advance....
Your Norwegian wife doesn't need to have a job before she comes to the UK. Nor do you need to show any proof of where you will stay when applying for the EEA FP. The EEA FP can be applied for as either 'join' or 'accompany'. Therefore, you can apply for whichever suits your situation.

When my partner applied, we applied for an 'accompany' visa. This says 'to acc' on the visa and everything went smoothly when we entered the UK. There was no problem. I didn't have a job lined up before I arrived here from China. I am Irish.

singh09
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit

Post by singh09 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi!

I would like like to ask if a EEA citizen person move to UK with non-EEA spouse on EEA FP then can EEA citizen get back to his country to finish his job contract and non EEA spouse remain in uk to find job and then after EEA finish job contract in own country move back into uk with non eea.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Family Permit

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Yes as long as the continuity of residence does not break.
REGARDS

singh09
Newly Registered

Post by singh09 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:48 pm

So what will be the consciousness of that...

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:44 pm

singh09 wrote:Thanks so much for quick reply. I really appreciate that for your help :D :D :D

Thanks In advance....
Hi Singh,

For EEA family permit, apply from Norway. Just submit the application form, Marriage Certificate, proof of relationship (pictures, call logs etc) and a cover letter from you (saying your wife will join you OR you both will travel together) and cover letter from her (saying she will be travlling with you OR joining you in UK). Thats it. Application is free of charge.

Once you are in UK, then you will need a bit of paperwork for EEA2.

My wife is Norwegian too and I was thinking to apply for Norwegian Residence Permit but it takes forever. I applied for EEA2 on basis on self sufficient and got it in 2 months.

singh09
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit or visitor

Post by singh09 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi All!

I am Indian Citizen and my wife is Norway Citizen(EEA). I have applied for norway spouse visa but waiting for answer. Me and my wife wants to visit UK. She no need visa but i need visa from india but i am not quit sure uk embassy will give me visittor visa or not? There is one option of EEA Family Permit but that is for those who want to uk permanently, So what type visa i need to apply so that uk embassy assign me visa nd trust me i will go back before my visa get expire..

Thanks in advance..............

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA Family Permit or visitor

Post by chaoclive » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:34 pm

singh09 wrote:Hi All!

I am Indian Citizen and my wife is Norway Citizen(EEA). I have applied for norway spouse visa but waiting for answer. Me and my wife wants to visit UK. She no need visa but i need visa from india but i am not quit sure uk embassy will give me visittor visa or not? There is one option of EEA Family Permit but that is for those who want to uk permanently, So what type visa i need to apply so that uk embassy assign me visa nd trust me i will go back before my visa get expire..

Thanks in advance..............
There is nothing that states that you have to want to stay in the UK permanently for an EEA FP. It's completely fine to apply for a FP to stay there for a few weeks etc. You can apply for that. No need for the visitors visa if your wife is traveling with you as long as you have written confirmation from her that she will travel with you.

singh09
Newly Registered

Post by singh09 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks alot for quick reply i am very appreciate that :D :D :D :shock:

I am from inida so i need visa to visit uk if i wana visitor there...

and second if we get EEA FP and by luck we get that then do my wife need to stay with me for six month or she can move to norway and after 6 month can we apply for Resident permit.. bez she get job in norway she can not stay long... i future i will get norway spouse visa but that will take time that y i m thinking for uk in mean time

Thanks in advance

singh09
Newly Registered

Post by singh09 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi

ice_breaker If u wife is norwegian i hope u can understand my problem , UDI take ages for Norway spouse visa and plzzzzzz can u guide me how to apply for uk.

My sister is in uk she can offer job to us
and as u applied for self sufficient then but we need to show and from where did u apply?
I am in norway at D-Entry visa that is just for wait by living with wife for Norway spouse wife... plz help me

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:06 pm

singh09 wrote:Thanks alot for quick reply i am very appreciate that :D :D :D :shock:

I am from inida so i need visa to visit uk if i wana visitor there...

and second if we get EEA FP and by luck we get that then do my wife need to stay with me for six month or she can move to norway and after 6 month can we apply for Resident permit.. bez she get job in norway she can not stay long... i future i will get norway spouse visa but that will take time that y i m thinking for uk in mean time

Thanks in advance
You are sending really mixed messages.... In some places you say that you want to get a short term visa, in others you say that your wife wants to come to the UK but that she will then go back to Norway to work, but in other places you say that you want your sister to get her a job in the UK. I don't really understand.

Just remember that the EEA FP and subsequent EEA applications (residence card and PR) are based on the fact that your wife is exercising her treaty rights in the UK. If she is not, then you don't have the right to be in the UK. Remember that and your questions will be answered.

I think you should consider what exactly your goals are. When you're able to clarify that, people will be in a better position to help you :)

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:55 am

Hi Singh,

Do not worry. First apply for the EEA family permit. I have listed the documents you need. Once you secure the EEA family permit you can proceed for EEA2. DO you have the passport with you or you have submitted to the Norwegian Immigration. Once you se

singh09
Newly Registered

Post by singh09 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Thanks for reply back i got the passport....i will explain you my problem

I came in norway may2013 with D-Entry visa and then applied for norway spouse visa. Then now after 15 month august 2014 i got reply from UDI that my application rejected because my wife pay for last year 2013 is not sufficient. Bez in norway for spouse visa we need to show current job and last year income of 256000 kr. Then i appealed and said my wife was with me in india for marriage for 3 month including honeymoon that is y she can not earned that much money for 2013 but at the moment she already earned sufficent money in 2014 and at job now as well.

So i m waiting for there ans if they will accept it then i will got visa if they will reject it again nd will say be you have to go back to india and then apply it again . They can ans me any time in this month or til December or January.

So that is why i am thinking for EEA FP but i am not quit sure how long uk embassy will take if i will appply eea as the said on there website its 10 day process. so is it true?

OR i need to wait for UDI reply if they say yes then well good other wise i will go back to india then apply from there....

What do u suggest?

Thanks i advance

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:16 pm

singh09 wrote:Thanks for reply back i got the passport....i will explain you my problem

I came in norway may2013 with D-Entry visa and then applied for norway spouse visa. Then now after 15 month august 2014 i got reply from UDI that my application rejected because my wife pay for last year 2013 is not sufficient. Bez in norway for spouse visa we need to show current job and last year income of 256000 kr. Then i appealed and said my wife was with me in india for marriage for 3 month including honeymoon that is y she can not earned that much money for 2013 but at the moment she already earned sufficent money in 2014 and at job now as well.

So i m waiting for there ans if they will accept it then i will got visa if they will reject it again nd will say be you have to go back to india and then apply it again . They can ans me any time in this month or til December or January.

So that is why i am thinking for EEA FP but i am not quit sure how long uk embassy will take if i will appply eea as the said on there website its 10 day process. so is it true? THAT IS CORRECT, IN GENERAL, HOWEVER, IT DEPENDS ON THE CASE...THEY CAN TAKE LONGER IF THEY THINK IT IS NECESSARY, BUT YOUR CASE SEEMS STRAIGHTFORWARD.

OR i need to wait for UDI reply if they say yes then well good other wise i will go back to india then apply from there.... DON'T KNOW WHY YOU THINK THAT THE UDI REPLY HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE EEA FAMILY PERMIT? THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT STREAMS. IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING YOUR PASSPORT BACK ON TIME THERE'S NOTHING MUCH YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT. THE EEA FP NEEDS TO BE PUT IN THE PASSPORT.

What do u suggest?

Thanks i advance

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:49 pm

singh09 wrote:Thanks for reply back i got the passport....i will explain you my problem

So that is why i am thinking for EEA FP but i am not quit sure how long uk embassy will take if i will appply eea as the said on there website its 10 day process. so is it true?

OR i need to wait for UDI reply if they say yes then well good other wise i will go back to india then apply from there....

What do u suggest?

Thanks i advance

Singh09,

It depends on the application.. I have heard ppl got their EEA family permit in 5 working days and some had longer duration. ALl depend on your application and the Country you apply from. My EEA FP was processed in 11 working days. I would suggest you to wait till the application decision has been made. IF YOU apply from Norway they MIGHT go fussy about your current immigration status. AS your application is still in pending.

singh09
Newly Registered

Post by singh09 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi chaoclive !

I Know my messages are confusing. It was because i was collecting information for all options that i have in my hand for example EEA FP, visitior visa with wife and soo on. But i really appreciate that you and all another answered my all questions. :D . That helped me alot... and thanks for your passions

Finally, i decided to apply for EEA FP. I applied online and appointment for Bio-metric is on manday 24/11. I will submit all the documents. So following documents i am going to submit on Manday. If there is any another document i need to submit kindly kindly help me.
1. Online Completed Visa Application Form
2. Passport
3. Cover letter.
4. Letter from my wife that she want to move to uk.
5. My wife current norway job slips.
6.Evidence of marital status
7. Offer letter of job from uk( from my sister shop)

If there is any another document that i need to submit. Kindly kindly help me and let me know for that...

Thanks alot
Singh

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:06 pm

singh09 wrote: 1. Online Completed Visa Application Form
2. Passport BOTH OF YOUR PASSPORTS.
3. Cover letter.
4. Letter from my wife that she want to move to uk.
5. My wife current norway job slips. NOT NECESSARY
6.Evidence of marital status
7. Offer letter of job from uk( from my sister shop)
The above is what we provided. There's no requirement to provide flight tickets/hotels etc.

singh09
Newly Registered

Post by singh09 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi can you check it please that my wife letter that i am submitting with application tomorrow:

Dear Sir/Madam!
My name is ****** and I am Norwegian citizen. I am married to J******** citizen of India on ********. At the moment we live together in Norway from last 1 year and 6 months and we lived together nearly 3 months in India as well. I hereby declare that I will be traveling to UK with my husband. Please issue him an EEA Family Permit in accordance with Directive 2004/28/EC so that we can travel together. In accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC there is no legal requirements that when applying for visa we need to submit job offer or acceptance letter but Fortunately, I got a job offer as well that I accepted. As per UKBA official website in the paragraph: supporting documents for EEA Family Permit, I enclose all the documents. I shall be very thankful to you.

Thanks

It is enough or i need to add or edit any thing in that ........ Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:42 pm

singh09 wrote:Hi can you check it please that my wife letter that i am submitting with application tomorrow:

Dear Sir/Madam!
My name is ****** and I am Norwegian citizen. I am married to J******** citizen of India on ********. At the moment we live together in Norway from last 1 year and 6 months and we lived together nearly 3 months in India as well. I hereby declare that I will be traveling to UK with my husband. Please issue him an EEA Family Permit in accordance with Directive 2004/28/EC so that we can travel together. In accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC there is no legal requirements that when applying for visa we need to submit job offer or acceptance letter but Fortunately, I got a job offer as well that I accepted. As per UKBA official website in the paragraph: supporting documents for EEA Family Permit, I enclose all the documents. I shall be very thankful to you.

Thanks

It is enough or i need to add or edit any thing in that ........ Thanks
This is fine. There's no need to provide much info in the cover letter, apart from the face that your wife is traveling to the UK together with you.

The most important thing is that you enclose the relevant documents.

singh09
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit

Post by singh09 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi!

If i got EEA Family permit from Norway then do we both need to travel to UK together or can i go first and she can come after week as well. she is EEA national.

And second scenario, Can i travel to India first for meet my parents and then from India to Uk. Or i have to go to UK from Norway...

Kindly help me!

Thanks

singh09
Newly Registered

Post by singh09 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm

plz can any one reply plzzzz

I got permit in Norway but i m Indian Citizen so can i go to India first from norway to meet my parents and then after 20-25 days to UK and my wife will join me in uk from norway. Or i need to go to uk from norway with my wife.

Plz help me for that !!

Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:38 pm

EEA family permit is an entry clearance for a non-eu (visa national) family member of EU national to enter together or to join its EU national partner in UK. Therefore, it will be more wise if you go to India then later join your EU national partner in UK directly instead of going to Norway.
REGARDS