ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Enquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Navin Chilka
Newly Registered

ILR Enquiry

Post by Navin Chilka » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for my ILR in March 2015 currently i am employed full-time and my salary has full-filled the minimum criteria of basic earning. my question is if i leave my job in Dec 14 and register myself as self employed will this have any impact on my ILR application. please reply thanks in advance.

nks

Re: ILR Enquiry

Post by nks » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:46 am

No

Navin Chilka
Newly Registered

Post by Navin Chilka » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:40 pm

I am planning to apply on a same day basis i have been recommended by some one to stick with the job until my ILR is been approved and not the register yourself as self employed. All my earnings are from employment till date and have meet the earning criteria. From Jan 15 will be self employed regardless what i earning or not been employed will this have any implication on my ILR Approval.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:54 pm

They may not decide your application in one day. I have seen many cases where they did not take decision in one day and told the applicant that they will hold the application for further investigation.

Try to give them only one source of income.
ZR

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Another point. If you are applying in the march 2015 then you should show them your earning from Jan 2014 to Dec 2014 if that fullfills your earning criteria. I believe you can go 3 months back when applying for ILR.
ZR

Navin Chilka
Newly Registered

Post by Navin Chilka » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

I will be showing income from Jan 14 to Dec 14 which is fulfilling my earning criteria from one employment only my point is if i leave my job and register my self as self-employed from Jan 15 will this have any implication or raise any further question on my ILR approval.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Navin Chilka wrote:I will be showing income from Jan 14 to Dec 14 which is fulfilling my earning criteria from one employment only my point is if i leave my job and register my self as self-employed from Jan 15 will this have any implication or raise any further question on my ILR approval.
You don't need to worry about leaving the job as long as your employer has paid all your taxes and can confirm that you have been working with them till Dec 2014 in case of enquiry from HO.
You are legally allowed to start your own business or work for any one or both at same time, so i wonder why would H.O have any issue with it. Even if you are jobless and looking for another job H.O should not have any problem with that.

Remember, whenever you start your business you will have 3 months to get yourself registered as self-employed. For example if you start your business on 1st Jan 2015 you will have time till 31 march 2015 to register yourself as self-employed.
ZR

blinguk

Post by blinguk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:40 pm

zzzindagi wrote:Another point. If you are applying in the march 2015 then you should show them your earning from Jan 2014 to Dec 2014 if that fullfills your earning criteria. I believe you can go 3 months back when applying for ILR.

you can apply 28 days before

if you are eligible then you can show any 12 consecutive months in the 15 months prior to the applicatoin

blinguk

Post by blinguk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:40 pm

zzzindagi wrote:Another point. If you are applying in the march 2015 then you should show them your earning from Jan 2014 to Dec 2014 if that fullfills your earning criteria. I believe you can go 3 months back when applying for ILR.

you can apply 28 days before

if you are eligible then you can show any 12 consecutive months in the 15 months prior to the applicatoin