ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:20 am

hadi2012 wrote:Hi "Spatacus" I hope your approval soon .because as average time 8 week after biometric . So give a good news soon.
Hi hadi2012,
Thank you for your observation. Am eagerly waiting for HO to approve my ILR. I can't wait to be free from all these waiting. Finger crossed bro and thank you once more. :D
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

sheikhsaddy
Newly Registered

Post by sheikhsaddy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:00 am

Spatacus wrote:
sheikhsaddy wrote:
sheikhsaddy wrote:I got my ILR confirmation today.

I sent the application on 20th June 2014 but received the Biometrics Letter on 20th September 2014 which I registered the same day. My 10 years were mix of Student+PSW+Tier1 General.

I am now waiting for the BRP which should not take long.

Thank you all for the wonderful support and sharing. Wish you all the best.
Dear friends,

It seems that my running after the immigration rules is not yet over despite my ILR. I need some help for the dependant visa's financial requirements. My wife and two kids need to apply for the FLR(M) I believe. Could you please help me confirm that this is the right category and what are the financial/maintenance requirements.

They were both granted the last BRP as Tier 1 Dependents. They all became my dependents well before July 2012. My little knowledge and research says that they are eligible for the 2 Years Route and can apply for ILR immediately after getting FLR(M). Am I right? Also, what maintenance/financial requirements will apply to them?

Hope to hear your kind words. Cheers,

Saddy
Hello Saddy,
If your two children were born in the UK, then you need to apply for them using form MN1. You do need any requirements to apply for MN1 as long as you attach
1) Original full UK birthday certificates
2) Photocopy of your ILR approval letter and BRP if available at the time you are making the application
3) Passport photos of your two children attached to the application form with their names and DOB written on the back
4) Two referee to sign the forms.
5) Payment slips for the application

If they were not born in the UK then you need to meet the financial requirements for FLR(M) which is £18,600 for your wife only.If you are including your two children then you will need additional finances as stated in the form. Could I ask you to please check HO website and search for FLRM application form and read the financial requirements section it is quite simple and straightforward.
Hope this helps
Guys,

Thanks for the advice. It seems clear that they have to start afresh on another 5 years journey. My kids were born outside UK.

I feel so idiot that I was still relying on the old rules and was not aware of the changes from April 2014. I could have waited another 9 months for my ILR on Tier 1 basis.

I so much want to go back to June 2014 and not apply for the ILR on 10 years basis. Is there any going back? I mean can I not request the Home Office to cancel this ILR and let me apply again in April 2015 for ILR on the basis of Tier 1?

Please help. My wife is so pissed at me finding how I have messed up. Save my life here.

Regards,

Saddy

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:24 am

Congrats to everyone who has received their ILR. I hope mine is coming soon as I have applied on the 26th Aug.

Ali

Go0612
Newly Registered

Post by Go0612 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:08 am

meghankit wrote:
Go0612 wrote:ALLAH Ka shukar hy, I have received my ILR today.

I have written my brief introduction on page 847.

29/04/14 FLR(O)/FP applied to complete 10 years
19/06/14 SET (LR) apllied 27 days before completion of 10 yrs and asked to vary FIrst application
24/06/14 payment deducted and acknowledgedment received
05/07/14 bio enrolled for first application
17/07/14 FIrst application refused and when spoke to HO, they asked to return docs its system mistake.
31/07/14 appealed against refusal as advised by solicitor as no decision withdrawal confirmation received

22/08/14 first application fee refunded
Appeal hearing letter received for 19/01/15
20/09/14 bio enrolment invitation received and enrolled

31/10/14 asked MP to write them

14/11/14 approval decision made
19/11/14 BRP and docs received

I express my sincere gratitude to all members on this forum who are sharing, caring and trying to help others.
This forum and timeline is very helpful to calm nerves and ease bit of pressure.

Congrats to all who have received approvals and Good luck to all waiting

dear Go0612
congratulations on getting ILR

i have one question for you if you dont mind please
could you please tell me what procedure you did to get the refund for the first application fees?
please let me know

regards
My solicitor didn't ask specifically for fee refund, he asked them to withdraw their decision when they did it, they automatically refunded fee.

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:58 am

Spatacus wrote:
hadi2012 wrote:Hi "Spatacus" I hope your approval soon .because as average time 8 week after biometric . So give a good news soon.
Hi hadi2012,
Thank you for your observation. Am eagerly waiting for HO to approve my ILR. I can't wait to be free from all these waiting. Finger crossed bro and thank you once more. :D
Hi Spatacus,
Brother, your ILR is coming the first week of December. Be on guard i m the ILR Prophet :D

I also see that @fielddrive will receive his ILR the say after

your applications will be processed this week, there organise a big party for the Saturday after next as u will have your freedom by then

Guys dont forget your brothers n.sisters when u r free

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 am

Siko wrote:Hi everybody
I got my approval today
Letter date 21
Recieve document today
I recommend this board to everyone it help me a lot
And save a lot of solicitor money
The suggestion on this board is better then any solicitor
What I think may be I m wrong
Thx to all who help me I will be in touch to the board if I help anybody

Many congratulations. Best of luck for the future.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Assalam Brother

Mubrook....

Would you share about covering letter about your 10 year long application ?

as I am in appeal for my FLR fp where hearing is in Feb 2015 and my 10 year finish in Dec 2014.

Any guidance you can throw in my application ?
Go0612 wrote:
meghankit wrote:
Go0612 wrote:ALLAH Ka shukar hy, I have received my ILR today.

I have written my brief introduction on page 847.

29/04/14 FLR(O)/FP applied to complete 10 years
19/06/14 SET (LR) apllied 27 days before completion of 10 yrs and asked to vary FIrst application
24/06/14 payment deducted and acknowledgedment received
05/07/14 bio enrolled for first application
17/07/14 FIrst application refused and when spoke to HO, they asked to return docs its system mistake.
31/07/14 appealed against refusal as advised by solicitor as no decision withdrawal confirmation received

22/08/14 first application fee refunded
Appeal hearing letter received for 19/01/15
20/09/14 bio enrolment invitation received and enrolled

31/10/14 asked MP to write them

14/11/14 approval decision made
19/11/14 BRP and docs received

I express my sincere gratitude to all members on this forum who are sharing, caring and trying to help others.
This forum and timeline is very helpful to calm nerves and ease bit of pressure.

Congrats to all who have received approvals and Good luck to all waiting

dear Go0612
congratulations on getting ILR

i have one question for you if you dont mind please
could you please tell me what procedure you did to get the refund for the first application fees?
please let me know

regards
My solicitor didn't ask specifically for fee refund, he asked them to withdraw their decision when they did it, they automatically refunded fee.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Congratulation all who have received their ILR on months of Aug ... HOpe Sept decission starts too :wink:
jignesh

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:47 pm

baba JJ wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
Hi hadi2012,
Hi Spatacus,
Brother, your ILR is coming the first week of December. Be on guard i m the ILR Prophet :D

your applications will be processed this week, there organise a big party for the Saturday after next as u will have your freedom by then

Baba jj, thank you for being a good prophet. Thats very encouraging and heart soothing to hear.Surely there will be a big party organised for friends and family. Can't wait!! :roll:

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Guys,

Thanks for the advice. It seems clear that they have to start afresh on another 5 years journey. My kids were born outside UK.

I feel so idiot that I was still relying on the old rules and was not aware of the changes from April 2014. I could have waited another 9 months for my ILR on Tier 1 basis.

I so much want to go back to June 2014 and not apply for the ILR on 10 years basis. Is there any going back? I mean can I not request the Home Office to cancel this ILR and let me apply again in April 2015 for ILR on the basis of Tier 1?

Please help. My wife is so pissed at me finding how I have messed up. Save my life here.

Regards,
Saddy

Hello Saddy,
If your two children were born in the UK, then you need to apply for them using form MN1. You do need any requirements to apply for MN1 as long as you attach
1) Original full UK birthday certificates
2) Photocopy of your ILR approval letter and BRP if available at the time you are making the application
3) Passport photos of your two children attached to the application form with their names and DOB written on the back
4) Two referee to sign the forms.
5) Payment slips for the application

If they were not born in the UK then you need to meet the financial requirements for FLR(M) which is £18,600 for your wife only.If you are including your two children then you will need additional finances as stated in the form. Could I ask you to please check HO website and search for FLRM application form and read the financial requirements section it is quite simple and straightforward.
Hope this helps. Regards, Spatacus

Hi saddy, you are so funny. There is no going back bro.Be happy that HO have considered your application and just your wife's FLR M is left. All i can advise is that you should explain to your wife the situation and just wait for 5 years on FLRM to qualify for ILR. :D

dreamcatcher
Newly Registered

Post by dreamcatcher » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Looking at the tracker, the SET(LR) applicants with current Tier 2 status are still waiting. I wonder if it is just a coincidence.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:54 pm

dreamcatcher wrote:Looking at the tracker, the SET(LR) applicants with current Tier 2 status are still waiting. I wonder if it is just a coincidence.
Thats what i think too. They are taking bit long to decide Tier2 and 1. All other categories are getting their ILR in a sequence but those having Tier1 and Tier 2 visa have to wait one or two weeks more.
I applied on 16 August and still waiting.
ZR

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
tuhin wrote:Dear Seniors,
Please help me by giving answers of my following queries:

1. I'm going to apply for ILR in Jan 2015, my last IELTS expired last month, I can remember last year someone in here mentioned UKBA accepts expired IELTS for ILR purposes. Do I need to sit for IELTS again??
2. Do my wife need to sit for IELTS as UKBA will not give her ILR? she has been with me for last 7 years.

Please please let me know. Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Tuhin :? :? :?
I think HO can only accepts expired IELTS if they have already accepted it in your previous application. If you have never used it in your previous applications you should give them a new test result.
Yes your wife will also need to show her English test result as a part of her ILR application if she is eligible for ILR at a minimum level of B1 in speaking and listening modules.

Hi Brother,
In that sense can I use my IELTS results that I have used 10 years back in British Embassy in my home country before I came to UK..?? Thanks.

Regards,
Tuhin

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:51 pm

tuhin wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
tuhin wrote:Dear Seniors,
Please help me by giving answers of my following queries:

1. I'm going to apply for ILR in Jan 2015, my last IELTS expired last month, I can remember last year someone in here mentioned UKBA accepts expired IELTS for ILR purposes. Do I need to sit for IELTS again??
2. Do my wife need to sit for IELTS as UKBA will not give her ILR? she has been with me for last 7 years.

Please please let me know. Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Tuhin :? :? :?
I think HO can only accepts expired IELTS if they have already accepted it in your previous application. If you have never used it in your previous applications you should give them a new test result.
Yes your wife will also need to show her English test result as a part of her ILR application if she is eligible for ILR at a minimum level of B1 in speaking and listening modules.

Hi Brother,
In that sense can I use my IELTS results that I have used 10 years back in British Embassy in my home country before I came to UK..?? Thanks.

Regards,
Tuhin
I dont think they will accept your 10 yrs old IELTS as they can only accept your IELTS test that you shown in your previous visa extension and not the 10 yrs old entry clearance student visa application. I would suggest you to go for new english exam which is approved by HO.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:45 am

zzzindagi wrote:
dreamcatcher wrote:Looking at the tracker, the SET(LR) applicants with current Tier 2 status are still waiting. I wonder if it is just a coincidence.
Thats what i think too. They are taking bit long to decide Tier2 and 1. All other categories are getting their ILR in a sequence but those having Tier1 and Tier 2 visa have to wait one or two weeks more.
hi,
If we suppose that prediction is true then what could be the reason behind taking it bit longer,what exactly they want to check on tier1 and tier2 status applicants.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:38 am

maddysheffield wrote:
fielddrive wrote:congrats to those who has received their ILRs... :D

but got to say the progress is painstakingly slow

@Fielddrive ;-) next week is your's mate I wish your wait will end soon its hard when you know you need to wait a week feels like an year ;-) but still good luck
I wish @maddysheffield but I've turned down all hopes now of getting it by the end of November..

congrats to all those who have received their ILRs and wish everyone else gets theirs soon

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:39 am

baba JJ wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
Hi hadi2012,
Hi Spatacus,

baba jj party is ready but keep your ILR prophecy coming.... :lol:

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:42 am

babaji ki booti ;-) hahhahaha .

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:46 am

shahfurqan wrote:
zzzindagi wrote:
hi,
If we suppose that prediction is true then what could be the reason behind taking it bit longer,what exactly they want to check on tier1 and tier2 status applicants.
@Shafurgan I suppose 10 ILR route is the less checked applications ; Tier 2 and Tier 1 they need to check the amount they show , Work history ,HMRC and what not for 10 year long stay ILR just the stamps in passport needs checking ;-)

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 am

dear friends

can someone please help me with the letter for the withdrawal of student visa application? please

also,
i need to send some more documents for my wife's FLR(M), which i sent same time as my ILR.

anyone knows the address i suppose to send extra documents to?
is it the address on the top of the ack letter or different?/

please help

regards

ali98149
Newly Registered

Post by ali98149 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:18 pm

i have been a silent reader on this forum for a while, i have applied for my 10 years LR application, the timeline is given below.

Date applied : 8th August 2014
Acknowledgement Recd: 27th August
Biometric Invite: 15th September 2014
Biometric Done: 25th September 2014
BRP and Decision: Still waiting

ali98149
Newly Registered

Post by ali98149 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

i have been a silent reader on this forum for a while, i have applied for my 10 years LR application, the timeline is given below.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:37 pm

ali98149 wrote:i have been a silent reader on this forum for a while, i have applied for my 10 years LR application, the timeline is given below.

@Ali98149 are your details on tracker ? I can't see any info about your application do u want us to update the details?

ali98149
Newly Registered

Post by ali98149 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:10 pm

yes thank you maddysheffield, that would be great if you could update my details on the tracker

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:43 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
ali98149 wrote:i have been a silent reader on this forum for a while, i have applied for my 10 years LR application, the timeline is given below.

@Ali98149 are your details on tracker ? I can't see any info about your application do u want us to update the details?

Done ;-) I'm just curious why did u take so long to get your biometric 10 days nearly ;-O ?