ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iubus2005

Dependent Visa documents

Post by iubus2005 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi,
Has anyone recently done a Visa for kid born in UK, but Visa application outside UK? I am looking for what documents you submitted, and was able to get the Visa successfully. Also, any sense of how long it took to get the visa? (I know it depends on the country, but looking for a ball park)
Cheers.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: Dependent Visa documents

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:23 am

iubus2005 wrote:Hi,
Has anyone recently done a Visa for kid born in UK, but Visa application outside UK? I am looking for what documents you submitted, and was able to get the Visa successfully. Also, any sense of how long it took to get the visa? (I know it depends on the country, but looking for a ball park)
Cheers.
There are different application forms for different visa categories:
Also plz check:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

iubus2005

Applying for Dependent Child Visa outside UK

Post by iubus2005 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi All,
Has anyone done a entry clearance for a child outside UK? I am looking for some help on list of documents to provide along with application. Also, my child was born in UK. How do I answer some of the questions in the application (for example):
Has he/she travelled to UK for medical treatment? in our case, the child was born in UK and we got help from NHS Hospitals etc. However, the child never traveled to UK (only out of UK), or lived here for medical treatment

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

hatooli3
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for Dependent Child Visa outside UK

Post by hatooli3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:51 pm

iubus2005 wrote:Hi All,
Has anyone done a entry clearance for a child outside UK? I am looking for some help on list of documents to provide along with application. Also, my child was born in UK. How do I answer some of the questions in the application (for example):
Has he/she travelled to UK for medical treatment? in our case, the child was born in UK and we got help from NHS Hospitals etc. However, the child never traveled to UK (only out of UK), or lived here for medical treatment

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.
You need:
1. Copy of your viaa and your spouse visa
2. Original bank letter or statement to show maintainance funds
3. Birth certificate
2. Two passport photos and the application.

Your child has not travelled to the UK.
Your child has received medical treatment in the uk. He is eligible.

Also, you might need to take your child to an appointment if he is under 5 years old, for a biometric photo (no fingerbprints). Depends on the country. This was not the case before april. Applications for children were sent via thebpost.

I have done the same for my child who was born in the uk.

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:18 pm

hatooli3 wrote:
iubus2005 wrote:Hi All,

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.
You need:
1. Copy of your viaa and your spouse visa
2. Original bank letter or statement to show maintainance funds
3. Birth certificate
2. Two passport photos and the application.

Your child has not travelled to the UK.
Your child has received medical treatment in the uk. He is eligible.

Also, you might need to take your child to an appointment if he is under 5 years old, for a biometric photo (no fingerbprints). Depends on the country. This was not the case before april. Applications for children were sent via thebpost.

I have done the same for my child who was born in the uk.
Thank you so much Hatooli3. We will be applying from US, and don't think we need the biometric photo or need an appointment.

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 am

Just did from India for UK born child.

1. Application form
2. Photos
3. Child Passport
4. Both parents passports copy, visa copy
5. Birth Certificate
6. Maintenance funds
7. Sponsorship/Cover Letter