ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application - advice for conviction section

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hoormi
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application - advice for conviction section

Post by hoormi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Hello experts,
I need some advice reg conviction section in naturalisation application. I've read several related topics but needed advice for my situation.
"Have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK or any other country?"

I got spoken to by police (more than 3 years ago), but I wasn't arrested,fined or taken to police station. I was driving around in an area (where I never lived) looking for a cash machine when police stopped me, had a word with me and took my driving license details etc, later found out that the area was considered rather grim for kerb crawling and the police were on a mission to catch people. Few days later, I got a letter at home from police giving me a 'warning' that we (police) found you roaming in an area which doesn't carry a good reputation, we decided not to arrest you because you were not found doing anything wrong and no further action taken will be taken at this stage and that you should be careful in the future and abstain from wandering in that area otherwise action will be taken. Nothing happened after that,no further correspondence. I didn't respond to it either as I didn't do anything wrong and discarded the letter not taking it seriously. It was a mis-understanding!

I have just remembered this while I read the question above in the naturalization form, please note my ILR went through smoothly (didn't remember this until now so didn't declare it in ILR form).

- Will this appear in local police records or was it just a letter?
- Do home office check local police record for citizenship application?
- Should I declare this in my citizenship application and explain that it was a misunderstanding?
- Should I make a subject access request first to see what data is held about me on PNC and in local police files, and then make a judgement call if I should declare this in my application after having looked at exactly what is held about me in their records?

Please can you give your comments what you think is best in this case.
Thank u,
Hoormi

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation application - advice for conviction secti

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:05 pm

An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:25 pm

If you were not convicted and taken to court then there is no need to disclose it in your application. I would not advise to give additional info if it is not needed because that might delay your application for no reason.
As for the checks home office can check whatever they like but based on the information you have provided this should not affect you.

hoormi
Newly Registered

Post by hoormi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello wandered and zeusmagnanimous,
Thnx for ur coments.

I hv tried to read about it in detail the guide and booklet. Both say even simple caution or warning has to be declared that are recorded on a person’s criminal record. As I mentioned I got a letter afterwards and it did say something like warning - I'm just not sure if I should treat this as recorded on my record or not. very confused. And it's been more than 3 years now.

Please can I request other senior members here to comment on this. Pls help.

Thnx

hoormi
Newly Registered

Post by hoormi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:31 am

Hi, plz can i request again to the senior members to comment on this. Am very confused.