ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muraxza
BANNED

can i apply for ILR?

Post by muraxza » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:09 am

Hello Experts

i am short of 80 days to 10 years long residency as i was entered in this country on 15-09-2006 and my current visa is going to be expired on 27-june-2016 so can i go for the 10 years long residency option? as to mentioned here i got my first visa on 11-july-2006 but i entered in this country on 15-09-2006.

any help would be great

regards
Blocked Username

Subtle

Re: can i apply for ILR?

Post by Subtle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:20 am

The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted towards the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days.
You entered UK within 90 days of your entry clearance and therefore you may count the continuous residency starting from 11 July 2006.
Your application can still be valid if you make that application within 28 days of your visa expiring. Your application is also valid for consideration, if you send it 28 days before your 10 years continuous residence completes. (But I am not sure about this one because you would not have valid visa before you can complete your 10 years)
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

vinny

Re: can i apply for ILR?

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:25 am

Unfortunately, the 90 days concession, for the period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK, is not applicable for Long residence applications.

The start date is the date of entry.

There may be some options.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.