ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is CRA(TM) form?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

What is CRA(TM) form?

Post by gnua88 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi All,

I cannot seem to be able to find out about this form on the Internet. I lost my BRP card last week and so applied for a replacement using the BRP(RC) form. Today, I received a letter from Home Office stating "Thank you for the application on the form CRA(TM)"

What is CRA(TM)? Is that the same as BRP(RC)? It puts me on alert because I don't know whether if they've made a mistake and I need to chase it up.

Thank you.

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Re: What is CRA(TM) form?

Post by rashenikki » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:52 am

gnua88 wrote:Hi All,

I cannot seem to be able to find out about this form on the Internet. I lost my BRP card last week and so applied for a replacement using the BRP(RC) form. Today, I received a letter from Home Office stating "Thank you for the application on the form CRA(TM)"

What is CRA(TM)? Is that the same as BRP(RC)? It puts me on alert because I don't know whether if they've made a mistake and I need to chase it up.

Thank you.
Hi Gnua88,

I received the same type of letter "...application by the above-name on From CRA(sett)..." I am a bit confused myself because i dont know what this is about...I am sending a letter back to them for advise on this...hopefully i will get something back.

However, if any else can shed more light on this, this will be appreciated.

Regards,
rashenikki
Last edited by rashenikki on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:52 am

gnua88 wrote:Hi All,

Thank you.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:30 pm

rashenikki wrote:Hi Gnua88,

I received the same type of letter "...application by the above-name on From CRA(sett)..." I am a bit confused myself because i dont know what this is about...I am sending a letter back to them for advise on this...hopefully i will get something back.

However, if any else can shed more light on this, this will be appreciated.

Regards,
rashenikki
Hi rashenikki,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, if you could let me know how it goes, that would be great :)

I emailed BRPLost and BRPError teams asking about this whilst urging them to forward my email if they can't answer my query. They replied saying they don't handle this type of queries and that I should go to UKVI website. How ridiculous is that? They're perfectly happy to enforce their processes but unwilling to provide any support for them. It baffles me there isn't a working communication system in place between the immigration and the people.

I'll also let you know if I should receive any further letters.

Cheers.

asky500
Newly Registered

Post by asky500 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:31 am

Dont worry about it...it is basically the same thing...some internal terminology they use.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:57 am

asky500 wrote:Dont worry about it...it is basically the same thing...some internal terminology they use.
Hey, how're you doing? Thanks for the reply. I feel better reading all the reassurances here. This forum is smashing.

I was gonna post here tomorrow; I received the Biometric details request on Wednesday 26/11/14. So, I'm going to the post office tomorrow to get it done. So far, and touch wood, they've done alright with the response time considering the fact that I submitted the BRP(RC) form last week.

I'll keep y'all up-to-date.

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:57 pm

gnua88 wrote:
asky500 wrote:Dont worry about it...it is basically the same thing...some internal terminology they use.
Hey, how're you doing? Thanks for the reply. I feel better reading all the reassurances here. This forum is smashing.

I was gonna post here tomorrow; I received the Biometric details request on Wednesday 26/11/14. So, I'm going to the post office tomorrow to get it done. So far, and touch wood, they've done alright with the response time considering the fact that I submitted the BRP(RC) form last week.

I'll keep y'all up-to-date.
Yeah same here, i got my biometric request on the 25th - going to have it done tomorrow. :D
Also, i called durham HO in regards to the name of form used in the letter, the guy told me, that CRA... is basically an original name used for BRP(RC) and that i should not worry about it, (you would have thought they would have updated thier records by now)!!!

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:31 pm

So I recieved my replacement BRP card today and looking back, gotta say I'm impressed with the overall processing time.

13/11/14 - Submitted my BRP(RC) Application
19/11/14 - Received the Acknowledgement Letter (stating they've received the CRA(TM) form)
24/11/14 - Received the Biometrics Request Letter
29/11/14 - Enrolled my Biometrics
10/12/14 - Received the Case Completion Letter dated 08/12/14 (stating my BRP replacement card has been sent)
12/12/14 - Received my BRP replacement card

I didn't know what to expect when I made the application but this is a pleasant surprise, It's only taken a month!

Anyway, just thought I'd share this in case anybody wants to know about the waiting period :)

Cheers and regards.

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:10 am

gnua88 wrote:So I recieved my replacement BRP card today and looking back, gotta say I'm impressed with the overall processing time.

13/11/14 - Submitted my BRP(RC) Application
19/11/14 - Received the Acknowledgement Letter (stating they've received the CRA(TM) form)
24/11/14 - Received the Biometrics Request Letter
29/11/14 - Enrolled my Biometrics
10/12/14 - Received the Case Completion Letter dated 08/12/14 (stating my BRP replacement card has been sent)
12/12/14 - Received my BRP replacement card

I didn't know what to expect when I made the application but this is a pleasant surprise, It's only taken a month!

Anyway, just thought I'd share this in case anybody wants to know about the waiting period :)

Cheers and regards.
Congrats gnua88!
Still waiting for mine - it seems as if we enrolled our biometric the same day, so hopefully i dont have too long to wait now.

Cheers!
rashenikki

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:16 am

rashenikki wrote:
Congrats gnua88!
Still waiting for mine - it seems as if we enrolled our biometric the same day, so hopefully i dont have too long to wait now.

Cheers!
rashenikki
Thank you, rashenikki.
Oh right, then I'm sure it won't be long. Hang in there. Do let us all know when you receive it :)

Kind regards.