ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I didn't report to the police when I changed jobs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hatooli3
Newly Registered

I didn't report to the police when I changed jobs

Post by hatooli3 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:15 pm

My tier 1 visa has the restriction of registering and reporting to the police.
I have complied with the rules by registering and reporting address changes and visa extensions within 7-days.
But yesterday when I went to report my new visa, which was extended recently, the police told me that I need to report job changes as well, which I have never done, because I did not know that I need to. Obviously it was an innocent mistake, there was no intention to hide anything, and the fact that I have reported extension and address changes supports that.

I wonder how many of you really knew that job changes needs to be reported.

Now, in about a year, I'm going to apply for ILR, I am really concerned about it, will they refused my application ?

sagareva
BANNED

Re: I didn't report to the police when I changed jobs

Post by sagareva » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:17 am

hatooli3 wrote:My tier 1 visa has the restriction of registering and reporting to the police.
I have complied with the rules by registering and reporting address changes and visa extensions within 7-days.
But yesterday when I went to report my new visa, which was extended recently, the police told me that I need to report job changes as well, which I have never done, because I did not know that I need to. Obviously it was an innocent mistake, there was no intention to hide anything, and the fact that I have reported extension and address changes supports that.

I wonder how many of you really knew that job changes needs to be reported.

Now, in about a year, I'm going to apply for ILR, I am really concerned about it, will they refused my application ?

do not worry
many people never reported any job changes to police, as most police departments are not interested in them and do not record or track them
you don't live in Kent by any chance, do you?))
they are known to be zealous about that
it really depends on where you live
most people only have addresses noted in police registration certificate, and when you apply for ILR no one will have any way of knowing what else you reported or didn't, so i would not worry too much
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**