ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from tier 4 to tier 2 - COS criteria & COP code

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

caj44
Newly Registered

Switching from tier 4 to tier 2 - COS criteria & COP code

Post by caj44 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:37 am

Hi there,

I recently completed my MSc at a UK institution and was successful in securing a job offer. However, the employer says that they are unable to proceed with the COS as the role does not meet the COS criteria.

I have three queries:

1. As I am switching from tier 2 to tier 4, and successfully gained a MSc degree at a UK institution, is this an exemption from the resident labour market test?

2. Does the role meet the COS criteria based on the following:?
Salary £35k, description:
-Build and manage the local day to day relationship with suppliers, vendors and contractors to ensure that services are delivered in line with business and contractual requirements.
-Responsible for the active monitoring and auditing of services to ensure service delivery is effective and in line with contracted requirements.
-Schedule and roster assets & resources where required to maximise their utilisation.
-Provide administrative support to the area with regard to risk, legal issues, complaints and incident management.
-Prepare forecasts for resource planning purposes.
-Manage the skills profile, training and competency framework for the area.
-Assist in the monitoring and review of contracted services, through the provision of key supporting data and information.
- Ensure all properties meet statutory regulations and environmental, health and safety requirements.
-Actively identify opportunities to improve service and internal policies.
-Plan and organise a range of complex activities i.e. plan programmes which impact across services, implement new ways of working, capacity planning and facilitate collaborative working.
-Responsible for the development and maintenance of comprehensive administration, support systems and procedures designed to support the effective operation of the service.
-Provide effective management of direct reports to increase and maintain engagement as a basis for performance improvement.
-Contribute to the monitoring and management of local budget.
-Responsible for carrying out project work in order to contribute to the development and improvement of local activities and services.

3. If this meets the COS criteria, what COP would it fall under?