ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk settlement visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zoyasingh

uk settlement visa refused

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:07 am

Hi my settlement visa, along with my children's, to the UK has been refused yesterday. :( The reason they gave is:-
Your spouse is not exempt from the financial requirements as defined para-E-ECP.3.3 you have stated that your sponsor derives Income from 3 sources salaried employment, income from rented property and cash savings. Regarding rented property you have supplied evidence of property ownership tenancy agreement and payments made into your sponsors bank account by local council .However you have provided no evidence of communication with HMRC with regard to this income. For the reason I am not satisfied that this is a credible source of income on which to access your sponsors financial position. Therefore I refuse your application. :shock:
They have also mentioned that:-
If you decide to appeal against the refusal of application, the decision will be reviewed with your grounds of appeal and the supporting documents you provide. As it may be possible to resolve the points at issue without an appeal hearing.

Pls help me...is there any possibility that they reverse their decision without appeal hearing or shall I reapply . I am really confused and upset wth the decision. :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: uk settlement visa refused

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:46 am

So the rental income was never declared to the tax authorities?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:53 am

Appeal within the time limit and supply additional evidence as specified in Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 am

Thanks for ur reply
tax was being paid but as it was not mentioned anywhere while applying that we have to declare tax from rental income so we didn't. We have provided bank statement in which it is mentioned that we are getting rent through bank so it is not possible that we are not paying the tax.

If we go for the appeal, what is the possibility that they review their decision and how long does it take. And if it goes for appeal how long will that take.

And also, can I withdraw the appeal in between and reapply for a fresh visa.
Thnx
Zoya.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:28 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:37 am

zoyasingh wrote:Thanks for ur reply
tax was being paid but as it was not mentioned anywhere while applying that we have to declare tax from rental income so we didn't. We have provided bank statement in which it is mentioned that we are getting rent through bank so it is not possible that we are not paying the tax.

If we go for the appeal, what is the possibility that they review their decision and how long does it take. And if it goes for appeal how long will that take.

Thnx
Zoya.
If you had read financial requirement very well,you would have known it's stated there,that's part 6 income from other sources I think.
All they want you to provide is evidence you paid taxes on the rental income and it will be resolved without getting to the lengthy appeal if your evidence is satisfactory enough.
You'll get it if your evidence is Ok but appeal will defo take longer,roughly 6 months upward,however you can reapply even if you appeal.

sherriesmum

Post by sherriesmum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:24 am

sorry the refusal was justified.any self employed income must be registered with hmrc.a tax return must be filled out every year.what an expensive mistake to make.not only have u been refused the settlement visa you have lost your fees aswell as you have to pay again.either go to appeal or make a fresh application with ALL documents.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:29 am

sherriesmum wrote:sorry the refusal was justified.any self employed income must be registered with hmrc.a tax return must be filled out every year.what an expensive mistake to make.not only have u been refused the settlement visa you have lost your fees aswell as you have to pay again.either go to appeal or make a fresh application with ALL documents.
Not to say in addition the tax owed, penalties and interest to be repaid. UK tax man is very aggressive, second only to the German Finanzamt in Europe not worth any effort to try and pull the wool over his eyes.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sherriesmum

Post by sherriesmum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:36 am

wonder how many children the op has because that would make the fresh application expensive aswell and wonder if he knows the finacial requirement with one child is about £22,400 i believe.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks for the reply I would now first appeal and then if it is taking long then I would reapply..

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:49 am

Wanderer wrote:
sherriesmum wrote:sorry the refusal was justified.any self employed income must be registered with hmrc.a tax return must be filled out every year.what an expensive mistake to make.not only have u been refused the settlement visa you have lost your fees aswell as you have to pay again.either go to appeal or make a fresh application with ALL documents.
Not to say in addition the tax owed, penalties and interest to be repaid. UK tax man is very aggressive, second only to the German Finanzamt in Europe not worth any effort to try and pull the wool over his eyes.

My husband has been paying tax every year. It's been paid at financial year closing that is in January. Tax till the previous year has been paid.
:(

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:52 am

sherriesmum wrote:wonder how many children the op has because that would make the fresh application expensive aswell and wonder if he knows the finacial requirement with one child is about £22,400 i believe.

We have 2 children and already paid a huge amount for the three applications. And if we don't appeal or it goes against us..We have to pay that huge amount again. :(

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:54 am

Rayking wrote:
zoyasingh wrote:Thanks for ur reply

Thnx
Zoya.
If you had read financial requirement very well,you would have known it's stated there,that's part 6 income from other sources I think.
All they want you to provide is evidence you paid taxes on the rental income and it will be resolved without getting to the lengthy appeal if your evidence is satisfactory enough.
You'll get it if your evidence is Ok but appeal will defo take longer,roughly 6 months upward,however you can reapply even if you appeal.

We will provide all the relevant evidences.. just pray to god that it is resolved without appeal and the stressful and lengthy procedure. :(

sherriesmum

Post by sherriesmum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:55 am

how much was the application and do u meet the fincancial requirement for the 2 children.think its about £24,000 or so .

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:15 am

sherriesmum wrote:how much was the application and do u meet the fincancial requirement for the 2 children.think its about £24,000 or so .
Yes it is even more...£24600

sherriesmum

Post by sherriesmum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:54 am

how much was the spouse visa with the 2 children on it x.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:08 am

sherriesmum wrote:how much was the spouse visa with the 2 children on it x.

We paid 93000/- per application :oops: :cry:

sherriesmum

Post by sherriesmum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

what currency is that in.can u do uk sterling.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:12 am

sherriesmum wrote:what currency is that in.can u do uk sterling.
It is £900 and something.

sherriesmum

Post by sherriesmum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:46 am

at least £2700 wow.x.

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:19 pm

zoyasingh wrote:Hi my settlement visa, along with my children's, to the UK has been refused yesterday. :( The reason they gave is:-
Your spouse is not exempt from the financial requirements as defined para-E-ECP.3.3 you have stated that your sponsor derives Income from 3 sources salaried employment, income from rented property and cash savings. Regarding rented property you have supplied evidence of property ownership tenancy agreement and payments made into your sponsors bank account by local council .However you have provided no evidence of communication with HMRC with regard to this income. For the reason I am not satisfied that this is a credible source of income on which to access your sponsors financial position. Therefore I refuse your application. :shock:
They have also mentioned that:-
If you decide to appeal against the refusal of application, the decision will be reviewed with your grounds of appeal and the supporting documents you provide. As it may be possible to resolve the points at issue without an appeal hearing.

Pls help me...is there any possibility that they reverse their decision without appeal hearing or shall I reapply . I am really confused and upset wth the decision. :(
There is one more problem where i would want ur suggestions pls....my daughter will turn 18 in Jan'2015 I am really worried and confused about it. As, if I go for the appeal, and they review their decision still It wil take time and if they put in for appeal then It will be very late to reapply. If we go for appeal and wait for the decision, Is there any other visa options for my daughter when she turns 18.... really worried :-(

zoyasingh

Post by zoyasingh » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 am

Please anybody reply...really stressed

Safi87
Newly Registered

Post by Safi87 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi ZoyaSingh,

I would personally suggest you ask them to re consider their decision, and state that the rental income has been declared to HMRC on a yearly basis on self assessment tax returns, at the same time i would also file for an appeal?

Rental income comes under non employment income, NOT self employment income. There are totally different rules for self employment income, as far as non employment- rental income is concerned you are required to provide the following:

(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the
property for which the rental income is received, through:
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the
Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or
(2) A mortgage statement.
(ii) personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of
application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the
person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.

(c) Any rental income from property, in the UK or overseas, must be from a property that
is:
(i) owned by the person;
(ii) not their main residence and will not be so if the application is granted, except
in the circumstances specified in paragraph 20(e); and
(iii) if ownership of the property is shared with a third party, only income received
from their share of the property can be counted.
(cc) The amount of rental income from property received before any management fee
was deducted may be counted.
(d) Equity in a property cannot be used to meet the financial requirement.
(e) Where the applicant and their partner are resident outside the UK at the date of
application, rental income from a property in the UK that will become their main
residence if the application is granted may only be counted under paragraph 13(c)(i) and
paragraph 13(d)(ii).

Which you have already provided evidence of, the only concern is that they can not see any evidence that HMRC are aware of this income, they have not directly stated that there is no evidence of tax paid on this income.

What documents did you provide for proof of ownership? Did the property have a mortgage?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:16 am

Do submit the appeal within the time limit. If you want to reapply as well, then do so before your daughter reaches 18.

zoyasingh

Visa for adult daughter

Post by zoyasingh » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:26 am

Hi all,
I am planning to apply for settlement visa for UK. My daughter will turn 18 in January and i am worried about her as it won't be possible to apply as dependatnt after she is 18. Is there any other way I can apply for her.? Really worried. Need ur suggestions pls. :(