ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KumarSpore

Re: Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Post by KumarSpore » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi deep,

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. One parent can take all the documents and apply for Birth registration and pasport application? Spouse and Baby not required to travel.
Ans: Yes. Carry authorization letter from your wife. If HCI changes the rule, don't be surprised. There are few people applied alone.
2. Once birth registration is applied, it takes a week to 2 and it cannot be posted back to us in prepaid envelop, but needs to be collected
Ans: Yes. It takes one week.
3. Birth registration and passport application cannot be done on the same day
Ans: Yes
4. Passport once applied can be sent back to us in prepaid envelop
Ans: Yes
5. Heard, there is a number where we can contact HCI to claify any questions, is that true?
Ans: They don't lift your call. But can send an email to info.london@hcilondon.in. They will respond to your queries promptly.
6. Heard, the passports are printed in India and there seems to shortage of paper and it taking months to get the passport, is this true.
Ans: You will receive passport in one week time. Forget all those information.

Kumar

deep.theone
Newly Registered

Post by deep.theone » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Thank you Kumar, much appreciated :)

hcd
Newly Registered

Post by hcd » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:24 pm

adithi10 wrote:Thank you snowflake. I have to apply at London consulate. Maybe I will just drop them a mail and check :)

Hi,

I am leaving in Belfast , Northern Ireland so I need to apply at London high comission of india .Could you just share me ur exeperiance at london office so that I can plan my things accordingly .

Your reply will really helpful to me.

Thanks in advance

adithi10
Mood:

Post by adithi10 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 pm

hcd wrote:Hi,

I am leaving in Belfast , Northern Ireland so I need to apply at London high comission of india .Could you just share me ur exeperiance at london office so that I can plan my things accordingly .

Your reply will really helpful to me.

Thanks in advance

I am sorry. i just saw your post today only. here is my experience

the people where so good starting from the person who give token to security guy to the officer i took the following along with one copy of each:

UK Full birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Passport of myself n spouse
Declration form i filled and sticked the photo and took. it saves time. the link is https://www.hcilondon.in/pdf/Declaratio ... ality.docx

1 35*35mm photo of baby( i took 45*35mm but they did not tell anything
i took 34 pounds but they charged me only 17 pounds.

I am told to collect the certificate after a week.

I had gone with my baby. I did not know that people who come with baby had preference no matter what is your token number

It was good experience.

adithi10
Mood:

Post by adithi10 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi all,

My visa expires on 30th august 2014. I am planning to go to India and reapply for visa once my husband's visa is approved.
Last time our visa had got rejected.
I just wanted to know if my baby requires a passport to travel to India?

Thanks

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Post by binoj_a26 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:47 am

Hi All,

I hope to have reached a right discussion forum. I am currently applying for the birth certificate for my new born and I had few (basic) questions.

In the PDF, it states "Signature of Parents" - Should both the parents sign in the space provided?
It is mentioned that we need to take self-attested photocopies of the relevant document. Again, should both the parents self-attest here?

Looking forward for a response from this group. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

adithi10
Mood:

Post by adithi10 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi binoj,

I uploaded specimen of me n my husband.

In the photocopy, both parents need to sign in birth certificate n marriage certificate. In passport copy ur individual sign is enough.

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Post by binoj_a26 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks for the information Adithi.

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Post by binoj_a26 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:20 am

Hi Adithi,

How about in the application pdf file? There is a space stating "Signature of parents". Do both of us need to sign in that space?

Regards,

adithi10
Mood:

Post by adithi10 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:12 am

Ya both of you need to sign.

sanjumac
Mood:
India

Post by sanjumac » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:20 am

Hi all,
Thanks for the lovely forum and valuable discussion and inputs.
I will share my recent experience regarding the birth certificate and hope it might help someone who are looking for more info.
I have applied for my sons birth certificate last friday (5th sept) and I have received the certificate in 4 days (11th sept).
HCI london was very good and people are nicer than expected.
I went the embassy around 7.30 and I am 6 th in the que. they started giving the tokens from 8.45am.
even at 8.45 there are not many people in the que and hardly 40 people.
i went through the security and they guided me to go to first floor.

around 9.30 officers arrived and they started calling tokens.
they asked me the following documents.
1. online form with one baby photo
2. birth certificate (copy and original)
3. copies and originals of both parents pass post (individually attested)
4. visa copy of the both parents (individually attested)
5. marriage certificate signed by both parents
6. Utility bill copy (gas or electricity)
7. declaration form (i have downloaded this online and filled. and signed by both parents)
also make sure you attach the parents photos (one for father and one for mother) any passport size photocopy will be fine.
8. First class special delivery post (7.5gbp) if you dont want to come back again to collect. If you forget this you can buy this from the security near the entrance, they sell it for 10gbp or you can go to near by post office.

after checking the originals they have returned the originals and asked me 17GBP and gave me the receipt.

Currently, I am applying for passport and it seems to be very straightforward.

also make sure that, the HCI london is taking online appointments only after this month, so you dont have to wait in the que.
make sure you enquire before you go.

Hope this helps.

Sanju

Imthiaz
Newly Registered

Post by Imthiaz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:07 am

Hi All,

Do I need to carry my kid along with me to Indian Embassy for Birth Registration and new Passport .

Thanks

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Post by binoj_a26 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:10 pm

No you don't need to bring your baby to the High Commission for either of these processes.

Regards.

Shiekh8364
Newly Registered

Post by Shiekh8364 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:36 am

Hi,
I am planning to apply for the birth registration certificate of my daughter. I have already filled up the online form but am confused about some issues. Kindly help.
1. The website say all documents in triplicate. Does that mean three copies of hard copy of online form also. And three copies of rest of the documents as well. Also do we need to attach a photo to each hard copy of online form
I am planning to apply to CGI Birmingham. And am planning to apply by post.
I am planning to submit these:
1. Online form 3 copies
2. Three sets of photocopies of passports of parents
3. 3 sets of copies of birth certificate
4. 3 sets of copies of marriage certificates
5. 3 sets of a form on website named " Application for registration of birth of child"
6. 3 sets of "application for other consular services"
These applications were mentioned on the Birmingham website.
Also am sending original documents.

Kindly advise about the no of copies and whether I am missing anything

Many thanks

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:58 am

Hi,
I applied for my daughters birth registration on 25th September and was told to come and collect it in person after 7-8 days. However, there is an online link (http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/I ... tatus.aspx) which shows the status of the registration process (requires MHA number as input) which is currently showing "Hardcopy received" as status even after 2 weeks.

My question is did anyone of you actually looked at this status and then went to the consulate or did u show up after 10 days to collect.

I live outside of london and its both time consuming and expensive to visit them on the chance they might have the registration ready.

Would appreciate any advise.

Regards

mkrk17
Newly Registered

Post by mkrk17 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:59 pm

I need to do passport for my newborn baby. I have just submitted the birth registration in HCIL london, and will receive the registration by Oct.31.

Regarding the passport for newborn, pls tell me how to do the online appointment ? Shd i say 2 adults and submit. And inside the online appointment, shd i give my and my wife's passport numbers, and in OCI field, shd i give the MHA number of my child's birth registration ?

I am mighty confused as to how to do the online appointment for passport for my baby. If anyone has done, pls advise the steps. Also advise on the other documents submitted, etc.

Thanks,
Ram

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi Ram,
Are you and your wife and the baby going for the appointment? I think then you can choose the Family checkbox.

Inside the online appointment, give your and your wife's passport number and in the OCI Registration number enter the birth registration number. The birth registration number would be mentioned on the birth registration document you will receive by Oct 31 from HCIL

mkrk17
Newly Registered

Post by mkrk17 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. Is it required to take the baby along ? I asked in HCIL Passport enquiry and they said its not required to bring the baby. Does anyone have experience of this ? Did you have to take the baby along while applying for first passport ?

Thanks,
Ram

mkrk17
Newly Registered

Post by mkrk17 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Wanted to put down my experience today on birth registration.

I had taken an online appointment in consular section for 1 person. In the online appointment details, i gave my passport details.

At the london consulate, i went alone (without my wife and our baby).

The documents required that i submitted are:
1. The MHA application printed out and singed by BOTH parents. In places where it says "Parents", my wife and I had both signed.
2. Photos - i was told when i enquired earlier that they can be of any size. It is only the passport application photos that must be of 2" x 2". The photos submitted for birth registration can be any size. I submitted 1 photo of size 45 x 35 mm and it was accepted.
3. Passport of husband and wife - xerox of printed pages and signed by the owner of the passport. Original passport must be brought for verification
4. Marriage certificate xerox signed by both husband and wife. Original must be brought for verification
5. Long form of baby's birth registration in local council - xerox signed by both parents and original for verification
6. Address proof ( i brought my rental agreement) - xerox signed by whosever name the lease deed is in, and original for verification
7. Declaration form - with signatures by both parents and photo of each of the parent
8. Fees was 17 GBP change exact. They don't have card reader machine, so bring exact change
9. I was given a receipt and told to come back in 7 working days and collect the birth registration. I guess the MHA status can be checked online.

Apart from this, be aware of the following:
1. You have to go thru a security check when you enter the building, and show your appointment letter as proof that you are required to be there on the day
2. You have to go to first floor. There was no tokens given to us and the counter guy just said "all of you come one by one". Best is if you come first, go and sit nearest to the counter.
3. They don't have card reader. Bring exact change.
4. I wanted to buy a self addressed envelope, which is supposedly available in counter 7 in the ground floor. But the counter was closed. The birth registration counter guy also didn't ask about self addressed envelope.

Hope this helps anyone trying to do this process.

rarun53

Post by rarun53 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:29 pm

stalwar wrote:Hi,
I applied for my daughters birth registration on 25th September and was told to come and collect it in person after 7-8 days. However, there is an online link (http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/I ... tatus.aspx) which shows the status of the registration process (requires MHA number as input) which is currently showing "Hardcopy received" as status even after 2 weeks.

My question is did anyone of you actually looked at this status and then went to the consulate or did u show up after 10 days to collect.

I live outside of london and its both time consuming and expensive to visit them on the chance they might have the registration ready.

Would appreciate any advise.

Regards
Hi Stalwar,

I hope you have collected the certificate by now. If not just for your info:
I Went to collect my friend's son birth registration at Indian embassy today. he applied on 21/10. The status for this application is same as yours(Hard copy received). I collected it successfully. The status will not change i reckon. the date on the letter was 27/10. All you have to do is reach there around 16:30 pm(no later/no earlier than 16:00 PM) with the receipt you received when you applied. there is no token system. after security check go up to counselor section . they will call by name of your child. Just show the receipt and collect it. All the best.

mkrk17
Newly Registered

Post by mkrk17 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:43 pm

I sent mail to hcilondon (info@hcilondon.in) to ask my child's birth registration was available to collect (i sent the mail 7 working days after i had applied in the counter). I got a reply that it is available. I went and collected successfully.

prashp
Newly Registered

Post by prashp » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi folks

I had been to the consulate last week and the whole process was completed in around 10 minutes. Just follow the instructions on the HCI website or from previous posts and you will be fine :) .

I have documented my experience here: http://www.reallyhelpfulsite.com/2014/1 ... by-at.html

Cheers!
Prash

vvbraju
Newly Registered

Post by vvbraju » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Parsh and other good friends in this forum,

I am in process of applying passport for my new born baby and I have booked an appointment as passport service but I could manage to get appointment after 15 days of time, is that anyway we can manage to get early as I am looking for passport within a week or as we are planning to go india by this year end. Would you please advise?

Also I have already done with birth registration and got tge certificate already, may I request you to advise what other docs to be carried along? Or there any extra docs to be carried if I happen to apply tatkal because of time constraints?

its great if someone can provide guidance please.

Regards,

Bharat

mkrk17
Newly Registered

Post by mkrk17 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:21 pm

You can keep coming back to the appointments page and search for an earlier appointment. Sometimes people cancel appointments and they become available for booking. but if you are booking like this, make sure to cancel your existing appointment before you book a new one.

the person in the counter said that i would get in 10 days. i got my child's passport in hand in just 12 working days (not including the day of application).

you can also try tatkal, i dint have information on that other than what is written in the hcil website.

the docs i took with me are:
1. father and mother must be present, child is not required.
2. 4 color photos of 51mm x 51 mm, as per specifications
3. application form filled and signed by both parents, and with thumb impression of baby
4. long form and short form of UK birth certificate
5. indian birth certificate
6. 28 gbp for passport + 8 gbp for self addresses envelope which the passport counter lady herself gave.

Praveen4444
Newly Registered
India

Post by Praveen4444 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for passport by post. Is there any other documents (declaration, etc) required along with the following documents?

1) Application form
2) photos x 4
3) long and short form of birth certificate
4) Birth Registration Certificates issued by the High commission of India
5) Marriage certificate
6) Passport and Visa of both parents
7) Postal order for 28 gbp + return envelope

Photocopies of above documents self attested by both parents. Am I missing anything? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Praveen