ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying longer than 90 days?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mahd5978
Newly Registered

Staying longer than 90 days?

Post by mahd5978 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Looking for some advice... I'm an American student dating a Dutch citizen in the NL. I'm looking at taking a semester off and traveling back and forth between the Netherlands and the US for Spring 2015. I understand that I won't need a visa for the 90 days but I'm worried about "overstaying" and overlapping the 90 days out of the 180. I would do several weeks in the NL and then couple weeks in the US which could get confusing. I've read that I won't need an MVV and could apply for a residence permit, my boyfriend makes enough to sponsor me and he's willing to support me and supplement my savings-- but I'm curious if this would even be possible to get a residence permit for this situation? I won't be in the Netherlands to work or study just simply romance and travel (learn the language and culture). I have no intentions of permanently residing in NL if that's also a factor at getting one granted.

Anyone know if residence permits can be granted with this situation?