ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victims of ETS Scam

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obie
Ireland

Re: Victims of ETS Scam

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:34 am

It is a new rule. We will see how it plays out.

I believe some people may make a case under sub paragraph B
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Saj123
Newly Registered

Post by Saj123 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:12 pm

hi obie

can you tell me i need to do recently i received a letter from ukvi for tier 4 extension interview which is on 21th of november this friday they ask me to give them new b2 certificate as well which is i provide them already and now they ask me to attend the interview i put the application for extension with toiec certificate which is done by proxy and which is expired now already so what should i need to do now
thanks

Saj123
Newly Registered

Post by Saj123 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:14 pm

hi obie

can you tell me what i need to do recently i received a letter from ukvi for tier 4 extension interview which is on 21th of november this friday they ask me to give them new b2 certificate as well which is i provide them already and now they ask me to attend the interview i put the application for extension with toiec certificate which is done by proxy and which is expired now already so what should i need to do now
thanks

K4

Post by K4 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Saj123 wrote:hi obie

can you tell me what i need to do recently i received a letter from ukvi for tier 4 extension interview which is on 21th of november this friday they ask me to give them new b2 certificate as well which is i provide them already and now they ask me to attend the interview i put the application for extension with toiec certificate which is done by proxy and which is expired now already so what should i need to do now
thanks

hi Saj123

you need to attend the interview otherwise HO will refuse your visa. Did they ask you attend the interview in a detention center?? Can't really say much on TOEIC issue you just have to see it for yourself. Do update when you get back after your interview.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Saj123 wrote:hi obie

can you tell me i need to do recently i received a letter from ukvi for tier 4 extension interview which is on 21th of november this friday they ask me to give them new b2 certificate as well which is i provide them already and now they ask me to attend the interview i put the application for extension with toiec certificate which is done by proxy and which is expired now already so what should i need to do now
thanks
You should attend the interview, the fact that they asked you to do a new test is a positive sign.

Vickyali
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyali » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello guys,
Its the same TOEIC Situation,
I have submitted the tier 4 application along with Toeic certificate, i had been in detention for couple of weeks got released on bail,we have put forward a JR APPLICATION, and its pending,
My passport is being held by UKVI and i cant appear in any test without original passport, we have send many request to th home office requesting certified copy of passport but they are not responding, is any one aware of any test or test center who would accept drving licence or any other form of id.?
Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:09 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:28 pm

hi vinny
Don't really understand the legal lingo was he granted th right to an in country appeal??

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:48 pm

99. For all those reasons, this application for judicial review is dismissed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 am

Yes Vinny you bit me to it.I have been meaning to post it for several hours not.

Not a very positive judgement.

It is not the end of the matter i am sure. There are more cases to follow.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:15 am

Obie,
You have most definitely picked the wrong battle to fight for the rights of others in this case. The tens of thousands of proxy test beneficiaries are heading in one of two routes.
The happy bus to the airport for those with invalid tests. That is about 8000 to 10000 plane seats worth. Just to give an idea of the scale of the problem.
A second chance to put a new test result for those classed as doubtful / suspect results. This is going to separate out those that claim to be B2 and those that are not. Again see the above..
The net result of this whole scam will no doubt be a massive restriction on where and how SELT tests will be processed in the future. Maybe just a single provider at a handful of test centres.
The usual mixture of greed, stupidity and mass scale immigration abuse that dogs the tier 4 private college sector will eventually kill off the vast majority of private colleges. Only those that are close to universities in there educational provision will make it. Let's face it if LSBF can be suspended for months there is little hope for the smaller colleges.

allain

Post by allain » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Obie,
You have most definitely picked the wrong battle to fight for the rights of others in this case. The tens of thousands of proxy test beneficiaries are heading in one of two routes.
The happy bus to the airport for those with invalid tests. That is about 8000 to 10000 plane seats worth. Just to give an idea of the scale of the problem.
A second chance to put a new test result for those classed as doubtful / suspect results. This is going to separate out those that claim to be B2 and those that are not. Again see the above..
The net result of this whole scam will no doubt be a massive restriction on where and how SELT tests will be processed in the future. Maybe just a single provider at a handful of test centres.
The usual mixture of greed, stupidity and mass scale immigration abuse that dogs the tier 4 private college sector will eventually kill off the vast majority of private colleges. Only those that are close to universities in there educational provision will make it. Let's face it if LSBF can be suspended for months there is little hope for the smaller colleges.
hey u mole, this is not EDL, BNP battleground, if you want to save your country get the law changed by your MPs or sit quiet. it is useless arguing with immigrants who are working hard to pay for your benefits. you cant even save UK from Romanians, lol

Katja
Newly Registered

Post by Katja » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi All.
I am in same situation, so decided to post here.
Thank you for your past postings with linking to the relevant hearing which are helpful for me.
I got my lawyer for my forthcoming hearing of the Judicial Review. It seems it is a bit harsh to win against UKBI's decision especially for Judicial Review, but I don't want giving up.
Some said that your "Judicial Review is pending", but does anyone knows what happen to you in next if the JR is pending?
Thanks.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:59 pm

sameer1986
Newly Registered

Post by sameer1986 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi i will really appreciate if any one can help me i am quite worried .....I submitted my visa application through premium service in Liverpool on 18th August 2014 for extension of tier 2. During my appointment, I was told that my visa application requires further processing and that I will be inform by post.
On 3rd September 2014, I received letter from Home Office advising me that my previous English Language Certificate (TOEIC) is invalid and was instructed to take alternative English Language examination and to submit results before 15th October 2014. I took IELTS examination on 20/09/2014 and scored well above the required Home Office criteria. I submitted my IELTS score certificate on 8th October 2014 as soon as it became available.
Until now my application process has taken more than three months in total and it has been 8 weeks since I have submitted my IELTS certificate. Still i am waiting for my visa ...
I do not know what to do as i am running out of my savings coz i cannot do any job ... i wrote a letter to home office two weeks ago but no reply yet.....
i am not sure is it due to toeic ??? which is delaying previously i got 2 times tier 2 on same toeic....or it is something else...
HO hasnot told me anything they just asked me to resubmit english language competency which i did... need help

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:32 pm

If it is an extention of an existing tier 2 visa with the same sponsor then you can carry on working with your employer pending the visa outcome.

muahid786
BANNED

Post by muahid786 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 pm

I have done my test in 2012 now I have been informed by the test centre that home office sent list of students whom results are invalid and questionable. I have checked the list with the centre and my name is not in the both lists. After this do I need to still worried. Your reply willbe appreciated.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:55 pm

The good point is your name is not on either list.
So by definition your test was considered in order.
When you next renew, extend your immigration status you will need to provide another SELT as all ETS scores were withdrawn when ETS stop providing the service.

muahid786
BANNED

Post by muahid786 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Thank you so much for your valuable opinion.

thisal1988
Newly Registered

Post by thisal1988 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi frnds
Currently I'm on T2 visa cater grey. I did my toeic exam 2012 which is alrdy expired, and I'm planing to renew my T2 visa coming January. Also I got to know that there is a problem if i go with my toeic result sheet. Then November month I did ielts and got 6.5 each band. So I'm going to do my renewal with IELTS. But still I'm really worrying about this matter. Will they refuse my visa. :oops: :oops:

I really appreciate if you can give me some update abt this matter.

Tc.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 pm

What is the issue with your TOEIC results and how did you become aware of the problem?
As stated before if you are an invalid result there will be a problem. If it was a questionable result submitting your IELTS will overcome the issue.

thisal1988
Newly Registered

Post by thisal1988 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:39 pm

No when i contacted my solicitor he told me, wheathe ur result genuine or not, they will refuse ur visa. Then he advised me to do ielts , He mentioned this is 50 50 chance though.
Thats why im worring. .

muahid786
BANNED

Post by muahid786 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:06 pm

your solicitor is wrong, If you did test yourself and your name is not in the list of invalid or questionable then you will be fine. However if your name is in the list then you will face problem. Best thing is you should check your toeic status with your test center.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 pm

I agree that your "solicitor" if that is what he claims to be, is talking nonsense.
Your next hurdle will be trying to establish where you fit in with your result. I am not optimistic that your test centre will know the answer. Mostly colleges and Uni's were advised about students that were enrolled. Tier 2 sponsors with affected staff have not been contacted that I am aware of.
If you took the test yourself and only for yourself you will be ok.

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi guys,

My brother is another of ETS victim. I would appreciate if you guys could shed light on a couple of things for us.

Background: He has a JR pending Oral hearing in Mid-Jan 2015 for his TIER 1 Entrepreneur application sent in Dec 2012. The application was returned invalid due to some other completely silly issue however, he had also used TOEIC as the SELT for the same application.

Few weeks back, the HO backed off the case and sent us an offer that they accept what we are saying and are willing to correct the error and if we can accept the offer and resend the application direct to MR X and he will sort it out. At the same point, we came to know about the ETS issue and the solicitor advised not to use the same TOEIC which got expired in May 14 anyway and he should sit a fresh test and then send new certificates with the new application. The rules that apply to him are pre-change and he needs a C1 to satisfy the requirements. In the meantime, the solicitor sent them a counter offer asking for costs and a few more points and asked my brother to give new tests while they reply back. He took City&Guild C1 exam and passed it First Class (They have 3 result outcomes, Fail, Pass & Pass 1st Class). Our solicitor gave a few chasers to TSOL asking for a response on our counter-offer with no luck. We then decided to simply accept the original offer from HO and sent it back signed to Treasury Solicitors.

Two days later on 16th December, the news came and TSOL faxed that there are further developments and that HO is saying that he used ETS and the usual standard deception clause and there would be no point going forward with the JR offer and that there is no point going forward with the JR and that we should simply withdraw. They attached IS151A (Notice to a person liable to removal under sec 10) and also IS151A Part 2 (Notice of Immigration Decision with out-of country right of appeal). The same pack then came through the post to our solicitor yesterday.

Question(s): An important question/worry while we are in the process of seeking Professional Advice is the threat of the possibility of them knocking on our door. We live with family, young kids, infant and our elderly mother and wouldn't really like them banging at our door in the middle of the night. However, keeping our likes n dislikes aside, would you guys say if a Detention Order and picking him up is possible under law from their side with a JR hearing still pending? I have asked this from a couple of lawyers with completely opposite answers so our worries continue obviously. Your thoughts backed by Law on this would be highly appreciated.

If, in your opinion they would be knocking any day now, what's the best way to try and put a stop to it?

Your advice would be highly appreciated!