ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK General or Family Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sachin2823
Newly Registered

UK General or Family Visitor Visa

Post by sachin2823 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Hello,

I am planning to call my parents in sept 2015 in UK. I am on Tier 2 general visa. I wanted to know regarding the funds that n eeds to show in the bank. how much amount my father can show in his account and for how many months . If my father shows the savings , i think that would cover my mother .(Housewife).
Also Can i show the funds in UK in my account ?

reply would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sachin

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: UK General or Family Visitor Visa

Post by MPH80 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:14 am

Assuming this is for a visitor visa.

There is no set amount he must show - if you aren't funding the trip - then he needs to show sufficient funds to a) pay for the tickets, b) pay for his and her time here.

And yes - it would also cover your mother.

You can show savings in your account as well - but that would mean you are financially sponsoring them. it also doesn't detract from the need to show strong ties to their home country - e.g. they still have to show their finances.

sachin2823
Newly Registered

Post by sachin2823 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Thanks a lot for your guidance...

So if I show the funds..Will my Father needs to show as well ?. If he shows his house registry papers , would that go.

Also if am buying tickets for both ( Father and Mother) then still he needs to show the finances n all.I can send my all the doc...from here..

Thanks again,

Sachin

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Even if you were a muti-millionaire, prepared to provide everything in support of your parent's trip, they would still be required to show their own finances, as this is an indicator of their social and economic ties; their motivation to return.

sachin2823
Newly Registered

Post by sachin2823 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:19 pm

haha... no i am not a muti-millionaire.....

alright so he needs to show as well....

thanks all for the advice and guidance...

Cheers,
Sachin

sachin2823
Newly Registered

Post by sachin2823 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:20 pm

sorry another question if somebody know about the funds ? How much funds both ways needs to show in the bank and for what duration...

Thanks again...

Sachin

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:32 pm

I'll just quote myself:
There is no set amount he must show - if you aren't funding the trip - then he needs to show sufficient funds to a) pay for the tickets, b) pay for his and her time here.
And I'll add - if you are funding the trip - he needs to show that he is living his life in his home country such that they are doing fine financially. E.g. if he submits bank statements showing they are living hand to mouth then that would go against them.