ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK B2 Visa for Vegas Wedding

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jon_T_Vegas
Newly Registered

UK B2 Visa for Vegas Wedding

Post by Jon_T_Vegas » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Good Evening,

My partner and I have got a major dilemma and hope someone will be able to help!

My partner was rejected for the ESTA due to a prior conviction to damage to property (it was an ex's car and was minimal). We have filled out the relevant files (DS-160 and ACRO) and have a appointment booked for Jan 12th. Unfortunately since the original ESTA rejection she has also been cautioned with drink driving.

Now for the dilemma. Due to the unforeseen rejection we have already booked a wedding in Vegas for Feb 14th. The travel company are now chasing payment for the final part of the package. It is due next week and cannot be extended any further.

My question is do we take the risk and pay the remaining balance on the hope that the Embassy will see that we have approached this with the correct attitude and are not trying to con them. E.g. taking the plane tickets with us to prove that we are only staying for 8 days and are planning to return straight away. Additionally we also have 2 children at home and they are not coming with us. We both work, I own my home and was successful in my application.

Additionally, I have read different things on here about how long the visa takes to arrive, depending on if its successful or not. If we mention that we need it in less than a month would it make any difference? I have read anything from less than 7 days to 60+. I am trying to remain positive, but my partner is really stressing about this now.

The only other option is to cancel the package, wait for the visa interview and then try and apply for the package after that date?

Any advice on this massive dilemma would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jon