ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language req for citizenship: ILR after 28 October 2013

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apk123
Newly Registered

Language req for citizenship: ILR after 28 October 2013

Post by apk123 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:06 am

I had received ILR in November 2013 after the new language and liuk requirement came into effect. I had satisfied English requirements through a(now expired) toefl test result. I plan to apply for naturalisation shortly. Will I need to take another English test for naturalisation because of the expiry of certificate? toefl is also no longer accepted as a valid English test by UKBA.

Form AN has an option to tick if I have satisfied knowledge of life and language requirement to qualify for settlement after 28 October 2013. The guidance notes also say that if one has qualified for settlement after that date, no further evidence of language proficiency is required. However the supporting documents checklist page insists that a proof of language proficiency is required.

So am I required to provide fresh evidence by taking an English test? I am due to apply in a few days time and found out about all this as I was filling up the form. Taking a test would push back my timelines significantly as I need to travel during early part of December. Any advice will be very helpful.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Language req for citizenship: ILR after 28 October 2013

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 am

Just tick the box. There is no need to retake the exam.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

apk123
Newly Registered

Post by apk123 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks Jambo.

apk123
Newly Registered

Post by apk123 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Jambo wrote:Just tick the box. There is no need to retake the exam.
Hi Jambo/ Other Seniors, One more query on the above. The guidance notes in the section on docs required, says that if I tick the box saying that I satisfied the requirements of settlement after 28 October, I need to provide my confirmation of the same. For this, would a copy of my ILR BRP which shows the date of issue of ILR suffice?